The end for Jason Garrett

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m glad I’m not a glass half empty person. Must suck.
It only sucks when we’re not winning. Half empty to me means I’m not satisfied with lesser results. Now that changes when your expectations are lowered.

Full glass to me means your just happy to be along for the ride . Don’t have any control just enjoying the experience. Which is fine . Some fans take it more serious though.

If you’ve been to games it’s obvious we don’t all conduct our fandoms in the same manner. Some fellow fans I definitely wouldn’t want to sit next to. But their ticket allows them the same benefits as mine.

It’s like with anything we participate in. Everyone approaches it differently. Why let others ruin your time. Just like at a game. Ignore and move on unless they break the law or in this case the rules then you can have them removed.

Last time I checked continually calling out or attacking other fans is against the rules. This like all fan forums I’ve been on are opinion driven. Not a place to be overly sensitive. And not a place to try and discredit others personally simply because they don’t see it as you do.

I’m only responding to help you understand as besides your conflict with other fans you appear to have something to contribute but get too weighed down with opposing opinions and attitudes. Enjoy your full glass and let others live out their empty ones. There’s room for all of us in Cowboy Nation!

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I still like Garrett and hope he can get this turned around but bottom line is winning. You are right Jerry and the organization have given him time, Garrett has been able to for a lack of a better word save his jobs with unexpected season like 2014 where Cowboys were not looked at as a playoff caliber team yet made it then of course 2016 with Tony out and a rookie starting no one gave the Cowboys a snowballs chance in hell of putting up the season they did and along with that Coach of the Year award. Those event have saved Garrett job in my view but I think time is running out quickly. Getting Cooper and giving up the 1st rd pick to me is not some built in excuse for Garrett to get another year, I see it as Jones going all in and saying ok, now win.

Garret is not Tom Landry or Jimmy Johnson.... or even Parcells..... Those are the benchmarks.... Jerry must think he can ride this out for several more years hoping JG becomes one of those, but to a long time fan ( 60's) I don't have that feel about him....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett was in Jerry's corner before taking over for Wade.
Remember Jerry named in a most unprecedented dysfunctional manner Garrett” the future of the Dallas Cowboys” before naming Wade HC which totally undermined Wade and set him up for failure.

That most definitely would place Garrett in Jerry’s corner. He certainly wasn’t in Wades corner.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It only sucks when we’re not winning. Half empty to me means I’m not satisfied with lesser results. Now that changes when your expectations are lowered.

Full glass to me means your just happy to be along for the ride . Don’t have any control just enjoying the experience. Which is fine . Some fans take it more serious though.

If you’ve been to games it’s obvious we don’t all conduct our fandoms in the same manner. Some fellow fans I definitely wouldn’t want to sit next to. But their ticket allows them the same benefits as mine.

It’s like with anything we participate in. Everyone approaches it differently. Why let others ruin your time. Just like at a game. Ignore and move on unless they break the law or in this case the rules then you can have them removed.

Last time I checked continually calling out or attacking other fans is against the rules. This like all fan forums I’ve been on are opinion driven. Not a place to be overly sensitive. And not a place to try and discredit others personally simply because they don’t see it as you do.

I’m only responding to help you understand as besides your conflict with other fans you appear to have something to contribute but get too weighed down with opposing opinions and attitudes. Enjoy your full glass and let others live out their empty ones. There’s room for all of us in Cowboy Nation!
I have a different definition. Glass half empty to me means ALWAYS looking at things negatively. Glass half full means ALWAYS looking at things positively. Key word ALWAYS. There’s nothing wrong with complaining occasionally about things. But ALWAYS doing it does no one any good except for the person doing it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m glass half full. You’re glass half empty.

I'm 3 wins 4 losses. And not "woulda", "coulda", "shoulda".

But some people can apparently only play that game in the direction that benefits the team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry really likes Garret. He shows every sign of defending him until the bitter end. 8-8 is good enough in Dallas as long as everyone gave their best effort.
It’s more than that. Garrett’s inexperience and unproven coaching ability provides for Jerry to receive the credit he’s been pursuing since Jimmy left.

The 8-8 allows Jerry to continue his pursuit with Garrett. Jerry is quite the promoter but it’s difficult for him to sell 5-11. But Jerry can sell the heck out of mediocrity as long as it’s close enough for a glimmer of hope.

But it wouldn’t serve Jerry’s purpose for a proven or up an coming quantity to come in here and have immediate success stealing Jerry’s thunder and ambitions to prove he can build a championship team without a great HC. And why we are where we are now still 20 something years later.

GenoT

Reaction score
Believe what you wish, but unless the Cowboys 0-fer the rest of this season (even then, it would be a BIG maybe), Garrett isn’t going anywhere.

In Jones We Trust

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have a different definition. Glass half empty to me means ALWAYS looking at things negatively. Glass half full means ALWAYS looking at things positively. Key word ALWAYS. There’s nothing wrong with complaining occasionally about things. But ALWAYS doing it does no one any good except for the person doing it.
And why does that bother you so much you feel the need to call them out ? Basically you want a forum and world where everyone approaches everything as you do? What kind of reality is that? Or is this about being the judge in how everyone conducts themselves?

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And why does that bother you so much you feel the need to call them out ?

Basically you want a forum and world where everyone approaches everything as you do?

What kind of reality is that?

Or is this about being the judge in how everyone conducts themselves?

You're absolutely on the nose here.

:hammer:

But good luck getting anywhere with this poster. This behavior has been inexplicably allowed to continue for a very long time. And many of us have tried to talk to him about it, to no avail.

He attacks anyone who doesn't see things exactly the same way that he does, and yet has the lack of awareness to call his behavior "glass half full".

Scotman

Reaction score
We are going to run the table. We will win them all from here through the Superbowl.

I don't really think so, but I want to sound confident and then be the only person in the world who "saw" it coming.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This is wrong. You don't just call out people who "ALWAYS" complain. You've even called out @ESisback and he dislikes people "ALWAYS" complaining just as much as you do.

This is just your attempt to justify YOUR complaining about the Cowboys while badgering other posters for their complaining because you feel they "ALWAYS" complain and you don't.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're absolutely on the nose here.

:hammer:

But good luck getting anywhere with this poster. This behavior has been inexplicably allowed to continue for a very long time. And many of us have tried to talk to him about it, to no avail.

He attacks anyone who doesn't see things exactly the same way that he does, and yet has the lack of awareness to call his behavior "glass half full".
I’ve taken on this type of conduct before. He’s perfectly fine conducting himself as he chooses but when he attempts to call out and discredit others personally instead of arguing their opinions on their own merit then that crosses the line with the rules of this forum.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Coach Jason isn’t going to be accountable for Dak.

Do you really think JasonG has a say in who the starting QB is?

Jimbo69

Reaction score
I’ve taken on this type of conduct before. He’s perfectly fine conducting himself as he chooses but when he attempts to call out and discredit others personally instead of arguing their opinions on their own merit then that crosses the line with the rules of this forum.[/QUOTE

It's what happens when you drink alone.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve taken on this type of conduct before. He’s perfectly fine conducting himself as he chooses but when he attempts to call out and discredit others personally instead of arguing their opinions on their own merit then that crosses the line with the rules of this forum.

I totally agree.

RodeoJake

Reaction score

I don't see it the glass half empty or full. I want a clean glass.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let us assume Jerry is smart. Next 6 games...

Titans, Eagles, Falcons, Skins, Saints, Eagles.

I see 2 wins so it is looking like 5-8. Jerry has to be under pressure to sell advertising, beverage contracts, apparel, hotel rooms, and luxury suites next season so he has to make a change. The natural choice is Richard but do you give this team to a first time coach? No. You fire Garrett and give Richard a trial. If he is GREAT you consider him but only if he is GREAT. The smart choice would be to bring in an established coach, even if from college. I am on the record with Shaw being my pick. My gut tells me Jerry will go after Riley or Herman. Both would be idiotic but anything is better than the current regime.

If the next few games go badly would you fire Red and see what you have in Richard? You have to kick the tires as making another mistake would kill the next decade. I think that is the smart play. Right?
So tell me how you decide if Richard is GREAT in a 3 game trial.

ESisback

Reaction score
I'm 3 wins 4 losses. And not "woulda", "coulda", "shoulda".

But some people can apparently only play that game in the direction that benefits the team.

Or that best serves that boost to their personal esteem that only a dominant football team can provide.