The end for Jason Garrett

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or that best serves that boost to their personal esteem that only a dominant football team can provide.

My "personal esteem" is just fine thanks, and in no way whatsoever affected by this football. Nice attempt at a personal attack though. Very classy.

Perhaps it is, in fact, your personal esteem which is directly affected by an criticisms of your favorite football team? That certainly looks to be the case here. Someone lays out valid criticisms of an underachieving, 3-4 team and you take it personally and go with the tired "glass half full" trope.

What else ya got? Anything football related?

Maybe you need the math refresher, when the glass stands at 3-4, with just 3 wins and 4 losses, which, in fact, is it? Half full? Or half empty?

ESisback

Reaction score
I’ve taken on this type of conduct before. He’s perfectly fine conducting himself as he chooses but when he attempts to call out and discredit others personally instead of arguing their opinions on their own merit then that crosses the line with the rules of this forum.

Greg, you’re right. We disagree on a few things, but the end result we wish for is the same. I just honestly feel bad for folks who never seem to be happy about something that’s supposed to be fun.

ESisback

Reaction score
My "personal esteem" is just fine thanks, and in no way whatsoever affected by this football. Nice attempt at a personal attack though. Very classy.

Perhaps it is, in fact, your personal esteem which is directly affected by an criticisms of your favorite football team? That certainly looks to be the case here. Someone lays out valid criticisms of an underachieving, 3-4 team and you take it personally and go with the tired "glass half full" trope.

What else ya got? Anything football related?

Maybe you need the math refresher, when the glass stands at 3-4, with just 3 wins and 4 losses, which, in fact, is it? Half full? Or half empty?

Apologies for the attack. I just feel that most teams are much closer to being equal, and I just keep reading posts about how much we suck. IMHO, we live in a grey world, affected by a myriad of factors in tiny doses. “Death by a 1,000 cuts”, I guess.

To me, our problems are a collection:
1)Dak’s not an accomplished pocket passer (at least right now!), and the coaches don’t SEEM to be playing to his strengths well enough.
2)The OC seems to be inconsistent with his playcalling. Too predictable.
3)A lesser OL, due to injury and coaching.
4)Lack of a true #1 WR.

My personal outlook for 2018:
1)Worst case scenario says 7-9 or 8-8
2)Best case scenario says 10-6 and one playoff win.

My personal opinion for 2019:
1)Change OC.
2)Get another QB to compete with Dak.
3)Work on that OL.
4)Get a Safety.

Everything said, I’m intrigued by the idea of:
HC/OC—Lincoln Riley
DC—Kris Richard

Peace!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apologies for the attack. I just feel that most teams are much closer to being equal, and I just keep reading posts about how much we suck. IMHO, we live in a grey world, affected by a myriad of factors in tiny doses. “Death by a 1,000 cuts”, I guess.

Apology gladly accepted. I know we're all disappointed and frustrated to some extent.

To me, our problems are a collection:
1)Dak’s not an accomplished pocket passer (at least right now!), and the coaches don’t SEEM to be playing to his strengths well enough.
2)The OC seems to be inconsistent with his playcalling. Too predictable.
3)A lesser OL, due to injury and coaching.
4)Lack of a true #1 WR.

I agree with you on all of these things.

My personal outlook for 2018:
1)Worst case scenario says 7-9 or 8-8
2)Best case scenario says 10-6 and one playoff win.

My best case is the same as yours, but I think worst case might be even worse. Thus far, I think we've stumbled to 3-4 during what looks to me to be the easiest part of our schedule. Unless things significantly improve, I can see at least 6 more losses coming.

My personal opinion for 2019:
1)Change OC.
2)Get another QB to compete with Dak.
3)Work on that OL.
4)Get a Safety.

Everything said, I’m intrigued by the idea of:
HC/OC—Lincoln Riley
DC—Kris Richard

Peace!

I again agree with everything - except anything that involves the HC being safe or returning. There's no reason for it in my opinion.

Peace to you as well, thanks!
:thumbup:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And why does that bother you so much you feel the need to call them out ? Basically you want a forum and world where everyone approaches everything as you do? What kind of reality is that? Or is this about being the judge in how everyone conducts themselves?
They reap what they sow. That's the problem these days. No one cares about bad behavior

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Greg, you’re right. We disagree on a few things, but the end result we wish for is the same. I just honestly feel bad for folks who never seem to be happy about something that’s supposed to be fun.
Nice to hear and I agree we wish for the same results. But it’s more fun when we’re winning.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They reap what they sow. That's the problem these days. No one cares about bad behavior
This is the internet and anonymous fan forum. It provides everyone with a voice within the rules. And many we’d probably prefer to not hear from. There is a solution if it’s too annoying and it’s at your fingertips.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
So tell me how you decide if Richard is GREAT in a 3 game trial.

I don’t. I am not for hiring him. I am for hiring a established coach. My point was if that is the direction they go I hope they get a few games to see what he can do. I just don’t want them to make another coaching mistake.

ESisback

Reaction score
I don’t. I am not for hiring him. I am for hiring a established coach. My point was if that is the direction they go I hope they get a few games to see what he can do. I just don’t want them to make another coaching mistake.

How do you feel about Lincoln Riley?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My point is that you can't tell anything, one way or another, from a 3 game trial.

visionary

Reaction score

Exactly

Losing is great fun :oldcouple:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Exactly

Losing is great fun :oldcouple:
It's fun. Just a different kind of fun. Instead of getting upset at the stupid things the team does, I just joke and laugh about it. Would prefer we win, but if weren't not going to win, I might as well get the most enjoyment out of the situation as possible. So I make clapper jokes and it upsets the glass half full people. :laugh:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's fun. Just a different kind of fun. Instead of getting upset at the stupid things the team does, I just joke and laugh about it. Would prefer we win, but if weren't not going to win, I might as well get the most enjoyment out of the situation as possible. So I make clapper jokes and it upsets the glass half full people. :laugh:
I’d like to have a Garrett bobble head that claps :)

That sounds like fun.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Let us assume Jerry is smart. Next 6 games...

Titans, Eagles, Falcons, Skins, Saints, Eagles.

I see 2 wins so it is looking like 5-8. Jerry has to be under pressure to sell advertising, beverage contracts, apparel, hotel rooms, and luxury suites next season so he has to make a change. The natural choice is Richard but do you give this team to a first time coach? No. You fire Garrett and give Richard a trial. If he is GREAT you consider him but only if he is GREAT. The smart choice would be to bring in an established coach, even if from college. I am on the record with Shaw being my pick. My gut tells me Jerry will go after Riley or Herman. Both would be idiotic but anything is better than the current regime.

If the next few games go badly would you fire Red and see what you have in Richard? You have to kick the tires as making another mistake would kill the next decade. I think that is the smart play. Right?

I hate to break the news to you bro, but we could go 0-6 during this stretch and Garrett still aint getting fired.

Jerry would have to go through an 0-16 season before he would even consider firing the Clapper, and even then its probably 50/50.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I’d like to have a Garrett bobble head that clapped :)
Here is something close enough and you can get it for Christmas.

800px-Musical_Jolly_Chimp1.jpg

millennial_legend

Reaction score
I will give them the Titans and one of the home games vs Skins or Eagles. 2 is definitely possible.
Nah, they'll split the Eagles, win the home game vs NO in dramatic fashion, beat the Titans and Skins at home. We're #GreatIn8-8

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Garrett is done if we miss the playoffs, especially in a very weak division. About as bad as it was in 2015. Garrett and this staff skated by on the Romo injury (even though Wade was fired for that very same reason) that year. There are no excuses this year. No real injuries besides Travis and Looney is a very competent backup. There's nothing left he can turn to and make excuses for. This would now be missed playoffs in 3 of the last 4 years and only 2 playoff trips his entire head coaching career if our season tanks.

You are assuming that Jerry is making decisions because he wants to win more than anything else...………….that is not true

Jerry would rather lose with Garrett than hire a real head coach that would get the credit, instead of Jerry, for the team winning.

Jerry wants to win his way with him getting most, if not all, of the credit...…On the flip side, if he hired Harbaugh or somebody else that can actually coach, he could not stand that person getting the credit for the team winning and not himself.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is the internet and anonymous fan forum. It provides everyone with a voice within the rules. And many we’d probably prefer to not hear from. There is a solution if it’s too annoying and it’s at your fingertips.
I’ve recently dramatically increased my ignore list.