The end for Jason Garrett

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is the internet and anonymous fan forum. It provides everyone with a voice within the rules. And many we’d probably prefer to not hear from. There is a solution if it’s too annoying and it’s at your fingertips.
Also didn’t solicit your advice. I know what I can or can’t or should or shouldn’t do. I’ve paid my dues and don’t owe anyone any explanation to be quite frank.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It only sucks when we’re not winning. Half empty to me means I’m not satisfied with lesser results. Now that changes when your expectations are lowered.

Full glass to me means your just happy to be along for the ride . Don’t have any control just enjoying the experience. Which is fine . Some fans take it more serious though.

If you’ve been to games it’s obvious we don’t all conduct our fandoms in the same manner. Some fellow fans I definitely wouldn’t want to sit next to. But their ticket allows them the same benefits as mine.

It’s like with anything we participate in. Everyone approaches it differently. Why let others ruin your time. Just like at a game. Ignore and move on unless they break the law or in this case the rules then you can have them removed.

Last time I checked continually calling out or attacking other fans is against the rules. This like all fan forums I’ve been on are opinion driven. Not a place to be overly sensitive. And not a place to try and discredit others personally simply because they don’t see it as you do.

I’m only responding to help you understand as besides your conflict with other fans you appear to have something to contribute but get too weighed down with opposing opinions and attitudes. Enjoy your full glass and let others live out their empty ones. There’s room for all of us in Cowboy Nation!
Dont waste your time with Rocky, he is nothing more than a glorified cheerleader on this site. Virtually rubber stamps every move the front office and coaching staff makes.

And yes, he is notorious for calling out and insulting other posters that are not "true fans" like him.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Don't like attached description, don't start the process, yourself...back in your court where it started. I'll exchange all night, if that is your direction...sweetie pie. Or if you are wanting an argument, quit playing and start it. I'm here to post, without being labeled first...you first stereotyped no matter how one puts his pants on.
You realize in every thread you post anytime someone disagrees with the article you link you start attacking them right? You label everybody that doesn't agree with you and now say you're here to post without being labeled? That's one pretty pathetic way to about it.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You realize in every thread you post anytime someone disagrees with the article you link you start attacking them right? You label everybody that doesn't agree with you and now say you're here to post without being labeled? That's one pretty pathetic way to about it.
LOL. It's like the dude wrote it and got his feelings hurt, every time. He needs to put a list of appropriate responses when he posts "News" articles.

ESisback

Reaction score
It's fun. Just a different kind of fun. Instead of getting upset at the stupid things the team does, I just joke and laugh about it. Would prefer we win, but if weren't not going to win, I might as well get the most enjoyment out of the situation as possible. So I make clapper jokes and it upsets the glass half full people. :laugh:

Maybe “upsets” is too strong. How about “eye rolls and chuckles”?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL. It's like the dude wrote it and got his feelings hurt, every time. He needs to put a list of appropriate responses when he posts "News" articles.
Yup. He's like a child showing off a new toy and wants everybody to tell him how nice it is.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Never walked through insult of myself, by yourself, now or in the past...perhaps you'd like a real discussion that does not include conceded insult. No one has implied there aren't problems or even any disappointments. But that was a given from the start of the season, but the team is still attempting to adapt. No where as severe as you support, although.

You've used ignore for quite a while...
Learn the English language.

I would assume one has to be an expert in linguistics and cryptography to understand what you're trying to say.

And I have 2 bachelor's degrees and 3 majors, so it's not that I'm too uneducated to understand what you're trying to say.

ShortRound

Reaction score

I would assume one has to be an expert in linguistics and cryptography to understand what you're trying to say.

And I have 2 bachelor's degrees and 3 majors, so it's not that I'm too uneducated to understand what you're trying to say.

lol there's no point arguing with him you know that?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Maybe “upsets” is too strong. How about “eye rolls and chuckles”?
If that's what gives you your entertainment, then all the power to you, my man. This is supposed to be fun, right? :thumbup:

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
IF they don’t have significant injury and play to their potential, they COULD go 8-1 to finish the regular season, but I honestly don’t think that’s realistic. 5 or 6 wins is much more likely. Of course, 9 wins probably won’t get them in to the playoffs...

waving monkey

Reaction score
Judging from the kool-aid mustache on your upper lip I would assume you always listen to Jerry Jones...and also take those lies as Gospel as it were from a televangelist.
I find Jerry to be relatively honest unless its the draft time. Jerry's telling us he thinks Garrett will take us the SB.
I think thats what he thinks. Of course by your tone it's not hard to guess your thoughts.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Your listening skills are wrapped around a set of criteria, not based upon a direct exchange of level ground for comparison. You lose focus when someone expresses valid concepts, NOT, using gratifying language in your own comfort zone.

Now, simplified with a decoder ring...you are being a stuffed shirt claiming intellectual high grounds.

If you don't comprehend, surrender or move on...don't instead claim ignorance of the other.

And by the way, what was your comment upon football related concepts and not just arrogantly expressed high brow?

Can the present Cowboys overcome and become a current and relevant team?

That's the common ground of a discussion...not referring to sheep skin(s), which you claim to be in full possession of which. If your diversity is as stated, what, you couldn't stick with a direction? You aren't the only person who has a degree, or multiple areas of focus. I do as well, have 23 years as a NCO, 17 years as a postal worker, and 8 in security.

If you were serious about a display of 'credentials' for validity, I was a NCO for 19 years...but, that is neither here or there. I added to demonstrate credibility as well. But I attended the US Air Force Academy and then graduated from Texas A&I...but that isn't football related.

Related to football, I did play on the Falcons and then Javelinas. I was a linebacker and the Falcons played Tennessee in the Sugar Bowl, and A&I were NAIA National Champions. But that isn't relevant to the topic developed from the OP.

Personality assassinations are really not an aspect of Sportsmanship...so I move on. Tray that yourself.

Last edited:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I am delighted to read people's posts full of optimism, who write that Garrett will get canned this year .

Salute ! Boys ! lmao...

What can happen, considering the past, is that Jason makes the playoffs next year (his contract year) ... and with that he will get another 5 year extension .

3 playoff berths in 15 years , start digesting it 'boys because the "Jason Garrett Era" hasn't ended .

plasticman

Reaction score
Still waiting for that defining game that jump starts thisnteam into a decade of dominance.

Do I think it will happen. I used to. In fact I thought the 2014 and 1016 seasons we're those seasons. But both were derailed through a series of events brought on by a combination of personnel decisions, player issues, injury, and even illness.

Garrett carries some blame, but there is so much to pass around to so many.

I don't think this team is going to make it. They need new management, nothing else will change things. They aren't going to get new management.

What do we do? I can't run away, it's too late for me.

ESisback

Reaction score
One of my favorite things about this forum is discovering things about posters. You have a certain perception of someone, then they recount experiences or list credentials, and your opinion does a 180. One example—CCBoy. Impressive.

That old saying is true: don’t judge a book!

ESisback

Reaction score
Still waiting for that defining game that jump starts thisnteam into a decade of dominance.

Do I think it will happen. I used to. In fact I thought the 2014 and 1016 seasons we're those seasons. But both were derailed through a series of events brought on by a combination of personnel decisions, player issues, injury, and even illness.

Garrett carries some blame, but there is so much to pass around to so many.

I don't think this team is going to make it. They need new management, nothing else will change things. They aren't going to get new management.

What do we do? I can't run away, it's too late for me.

I get it, but still...ominous...