Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why not call their "spin-off" The Walking Dead? They are the only original cast members left on the show.

Well I think they're looking for a clean break and it allows the majority of the cast to "live" in peace with the new larger community while Carol and Daryl, the non-conformist choose to go their own way with no direction associated with the graphic novel.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I loved the walking dead. To be honest though. I haven’t watched the last couple of seasons. I kind of lost interest. I’ll probably stream them at some point and binge watch on a cold winters weekend or something.

Man it was a great show at its peak though.

yimyammer

Reaction score
I loved the walking dead. To be honest though. I haven’t watched the last couple of seasons. I kind of lost interest. I’ll probably stream them at some point and binge watch on a cold winters weekend or something.

Man it was a great show at its peak though.

my feelings as well....I've had last season Q'd up on my DVR for months and have zero motivation to watch

the bald woman that everyone is afraid of in the last season I watched is not believable to me as a villain to be feared

InTheZone

Reaction score
slight spoilers, but there should've always been a direction towards a cure. When that was revealed to be fake by mr. mullet the series lost its direction.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I watched the first two episodes and lost interest. Zombies just don't make any sense to me.
Don't be like that. Imagine a zombie walking up to you and you're like..."You dont make any sense to me" lol next thing you know you're like Hershel with an infected leg.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
slight spoilers, but there should've always been a direction towards a cure. When that was revealed to be fake by mr. mullet the series lost its direction.

At a minimum, there should have been a quest for something. A trip to somewhere. A goal to strive for, whatever that might have been. I know for sure that people surviving in a similar situation would have searched for answers. Big answers.

But easier for lazy writers to keep everyone running around in the woods. Until the well runs dry - as it has.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
At a minimum, there should have been a quest for something. A trip to somewhere. A goal to strive for, whatever that might have been. I know for sure that people surviving in a similar situation would have searched for answers. Big answers.

But easier for lazy writers to keep everyone running around in the woods. Until the well runs dry - as it has.
As someone who didn't watch the show, I have to ask: Was there anyone left who would be able to even start to know how to figure out a cure? I personally don't know a single person who could work out a cure for the simplest unknown virus, much less whatever happened in that show. I have to assume all the scientists involved in what I'm guessing was an accidental creation of the zombies were among the first to die.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As someone who didn't watch the show, I have to ask: Was there anyone left who would be able to even start to know how to figure out a cure? I personally don't know a single person who could work out a cure for the simplest unknown virus, much less whatever happened in that show. I have to assume all the scientists involved in what I'm guessing was an accidental creation of the zombies were among the first to die.

One of the best episodes in my opinion, featured a trip to I believe it was the Atlanta branch of the CDC. It briefly touched on the big picture, but proved nothing more than a tease for everybody ending up running around in the woods.

Then, a year or two ago, I think some promotional materials showed a glimpse of I think Washington DC. So I expected that something relevant was going to happen, but alas was misled again.

They can't and won't do anything on a grander scale.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One of the best episodes in my opinion, featured a trip to I believe it was the Atlanta branch of the CDC. It briefly touched on the big picture, but proved nothing more than a tease for everybody ending up running around in the woods.

Then, a year or two ago, I think some promotional materials showed a glimpse of I think Washington DC. So I expected that something relevant was going to happen, but alas was misled again.

Maybe they don't want it to end happily. Maybe they want it to be a cautionary tale? Not necessarily about zombies, but about screwing with things we shouldn't be screwing with.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yes, I enjoyed that episode also.

I think the desire or need by the writers to explain more of why it happened disappeared when Frank Darabont, the first show-runner and really the guy who brought the story to TV was fired between seasons 1 & 2.

The CDC story never occurred in the graphic novel– Darabont thought it was an important part of his view of "The Walking Dead" story. Robert Kirkman, who was behind the graphic novel never had any interest in explaining the "why" behind the outbreak.

For Kirkman it was all about people vs. people. But that got old after a while.

More on the "why" and trying to find a cure would have broken up the monotony of "all villain's all the time".

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, I enjoyed that episode also.

I think the desire or need by the writers to explain more of why it happened disappeared when Frank Darabont, the first show-runner and really the guy who brought the story to TV was fired between seasons 1 & 2.

The CDC story never occurred in the graphic novel– Darabont thought it was an important part of his view of "The Walking Dead" story. Robert Kirkman, who was behind the graphic novel never had any interest in explaining the "why" behind the outbreak.

For Kirkman it was all about people vs. people. But that got old after a while.

More on the "why" and trying to find a cure would have broken up the monotony of "all villain's all the time".

I definitely think so. At some point, the scale and the depth of the story has to grow. It never did. I feel that after the Governor storyline, there was very little new.