The fact that Romo never won the big one

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I beg to differ.

I'm gathering information regarding how much responsibility rests on the shoulders of a quarterback and I also said my piece regarding the topic.
He is responsible for his mistakes. That is how much blame is on his shoulders. So go look at each game, look at his mistakes, and blame him for those.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Reading your post is like watching Pride and Prejudice! It takes great concentration to get the meaning!
Perhaps were you to have actually READ pride& prejudice instead of trying to watch it,,,you'd be ahead of that game yer' seemingly struggling in,,,just sayin'o_O

:starspin::lmao::starspin:

roughneck266

Reaction score
He had comeback wins in the playoffs?
Didn't know we were only relegated to the playoffs, but 93.0 QB rating is more than good enough to have gotten there. I would contend there were plenty of others who didn't do their job well enough for that rating to matter.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
He never played on a SB winning caliber team. There were always glaring weaknesses even with the handful of really good teams he played on. So no, not his fault.

Super Bowl Caliber team? Are you kidding? Romo had teams on it with multiple HoFers...he had teams with good defenses, he had teams in insane offenses, etc, etc....there was plenty of years where the teams Romo had were talented enough to win a Super Bowl. Less talented teams than some of what Romo had have won SBs....why they didn't is another matter but acting as if they didn't have a good enough team to do it is bull****.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Couldn't even string two playoff wins together, much less fart in the general direction of a Super Bowl.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't show @Idgit this

You honestly think this is the first time I've seen *this* string of famous second-guesses? This is straight from the songbook.

I happen to agree on the Cardinals and Packers games from that list, for the record.

Big_D

Reaction score
How do you not put any stock in the coaching, scheme or preparation it takes to win championships? Cowboys didn't have it then and still don't. Hard to have expectations in the QB of a team run and coached by buffoons.

Plumfool

Reaction score
I will say yes. Romo willed teams in the regular seasons to many many wins. But it didn’t happen when it mattered just a little bit more.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Reading your post is like watching Pride and Prejudice! It takes great concentration to get the meaning!
But,did you get the meaning?
As I did strive as not to offend thee in the criteria of which you'd posted that if not only "I" would cast a flag upon ,,,a vast myriad of sharper eyed fellows than myself would also as well,,,I'm sorry for you if you're not the type in the gracious acceptance of slight editorial oversight proffered,,, just fergittdaboutitbro.o_O

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
How do you not put any stock in the coaching, scheme or preparation it takes to win championships? Cowboys didn't have it then and still don't. Hard to have expectations in the QB of a team run and coached by buffoons.

tenor.gif

jaybird

Reaction score
He is not without a little blame. Most of the blame falls to the coaching, FO, and defenses they fielded. How many times did he lead a go ahead score early in the fourth to have the defense break and he had to try and win it with 2-4 minutes left.
This

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Romo played in a bad dated Scheme... Makes it harder on the QB

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if parcells would of stayed one more year that 2007 team would of had a shot other than that no

Big_D

Reaction score
if parcells would of stayed one more year that 2007 team would of had a shot other than that no

smart decisions, coaching hires, drafts, no RW trade? Plenty of things could've been done to win but simply weren't. Horrendous decisions right through the QBs prime years. No team is winning that way. The second Jerry hired Wade and Garrett you knew things weren't going to end well. Jerry is a stupidazz and 2007 made that very clear.