The fans deserve an explanation for Flozell

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
These reporters are so gung ho to get Wade that all they ever do is ask questions about defense. Why has no one made Wade expound on the VERY POOR play of Flozell. I mean he has not even been average...it has been below average. If he is injured...how bad. We need to know why they won't play someone else...because if our backups with 2 arms are WORSE than a VERY BELOW AVERAGE Flozell with one arm...then this team was NEVER going places anyway this year. And wouldn't it have been the perfect time to let a younger LT play....when your franchise QB was sitting out. It would have given us a glimpse of what he can do....AND it would have allowed Flo to heal up. An OL can decide the fate of an entire team. To think that Corey Procter is the BEST backup interior OL we have is scary...and again if he is, this team was NEVER going places this year anyway. Parcells raved and raved about McQuistan...well where the h*ll is he? Holland started 16 games for Denver last year...they got rid of him because he was a poor fit. How hard is it to know the snap cout...come of the ball...handle your man. If that is what he does best...then again, while the backup QB has been in there...this would have been a perfect time to see if he can play. And lastly, how come Garrett will not go max protect if Flo is not getting the job done? The coaching has been so bad latley that I almost think they had a plan at the beginning of the year...and they are sticking to it. I think they felt like the 2nd time through the division last year they had nothing new to show....and this we were dominated the last time we saw Philly, Wash and NYG last year. And they have been so bad this year I wonder if it has been deliberate. So they can unveil wrinkles in the 2nd half...the 2nd time we see teams...in December.

I am really hoping so..because as I watch Flo look like an undrafted free agent rookie...I get more and more frustrated at how this entire offense...esepceially the OL...has been coordinated/coached!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not sure if you caught it but Flozell has a broken right hand.

And yes, we do apparently believe he, with one hand, is still better than his backups.

This team merely needs to get healthy.
We'll see after the bye week if this team even resembles the one who the Giants trampled.

Good luck stacking the line against this team when it is healthy.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Im going to re-watch the game Friday afternoon and I will give my opinion on the O-line... Especially Flozell.

Its time to see whats really going on.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
jterrell;2403163 said:
Not sure if you caught it but Flozell has a broken right hand.

And yes, we do apparently believe he, with one hand, is still better than his backups.

This team merely needs to get healthy.
We'll see after the bye week if this team even resembles the one who the Giants trampled.

Good luck stacking the line against this team when it is healthy.
oh I caught it....and I caught the fact that he has a stinger...but I want an explanation for how a man with ONE arm is better than the guys our million dollar O-LINE coach has under his tutelage. Flo is embarassing himself out there. Why aren't there any alternatives

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
CATCH17;2403169 said:
Im going to re-watch the game Friday afternoon and I will give my opinion on the O-line... Especially Flozell.

Its time to see whats really going on.
you are going to have to go back more than one game...go back to Green Bay...and contrast what is different since then. We got our franchise QB knocked out by the Arizona Cardinals. And they were beating our OTs on straight man to man battles.

CoCo

Reaction score
I heard suggestions Romo was soft for not paying with his broken hand but when Flo tries to play through his that strategy is ripped.

I suspect if the coaches really thought there was a better option, they'd choose it don't you? So there's your answer.

The other reason to stay with Flo is for appearances with the other team. Its quite likely opponents would scheme to attack LT if we made a change there and with our current sitting duck QB's that could be even worse news.

I think the teams strategy to play Flo as if nothing is wrong has its merit. Again, if we had better options on the bench that might be a different story. It also might be different if Kosier were back at RG instead of Proctor.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
bbailey423;2403178 said:
oh I caught it....and I caught the fact that he has a stinger...but I want an explanation for how a man with ONE arm is better than the guys our million dollar O-LINE coach has under his tutelage. Flo is embarassing himself out there. Why aren't there any alternatives

Not sure if you were here the last time Flo was injured but I assure you as bad as Flo has been the last few games he was 100x better than his back up back then.

Our OL coach is a good one but he can't turn me into a LT. LT is probably the second hardest position in the NFL to fill right after QB.

The real question is with Flo suffering an injury why didn't we try to help him some before last week. Our blocking schemes didn't even give him a chance.

I guarantee you his backup would not be out there on an island versus the other team's best pass rusher play after play.

Eskimo

Reaction score
CoCo;2403182 said:
I heard suggestions Romo was soft for not paying with his broken hand but when Flo tries to play through his that strategy is ripped.

I suspect if the coaches really thought there was a better option, they'd choose it don't you? So there's your answer.

The other reason to stay with Flo is for appearances with the other team. Its quite likely opponents would scheme to attack LT if we made a change there and with our current sitting duck QB's that could be even worse news.

I think the teams strategy to play Flo as if nothing is wrong has its merit. Again, if we had better options on the bench that might be a different story. It also might be different if Kosier were back at RG instead of Proctor.

In terms of coaches going with the better guy - that frequently does not happen. Remember Ron Stone sitting on the bench as an immobile Larry Allen was run around like a pylon playing with a bum ankle in the NFC championship game against the 49ers in 1994. Stone would go on to become a Pro Bowler and very likely was a better player than Allen was on that day.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
bbailey423;2403181 said:
you are going to have to go back more than one game...go back to Green Bay...and contrast what is different since then. We got our franchise QB knocked out by the Arizona Cardinals. And they were beating our OTs on straight man to man battles.

Sorry I didnt get DVR until last week ;)

CoCo

Reaction score
Eskimo;2403192 said:
In terms of coaches going with the better guy - that frequently does not happen. Remember Ron Stone sitting on the bench as an immobile Larry Allen was run around like a pylon playing with a bum ankle in the NFC championship game against the 49ers in 1994. Stone would go on to become a Pro Bowler and very likely was a better player than Allen was on that day.

I certainly remember the game and Allen's misfortunes but I'm struggling to recall who played RT that game since Big E was injured?

I do think Stone was in and out of that game as was Allen at times.

But I think your point is valid. No one knows for sure who will play better. The injured vet or the inexperienced rookie.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The O-Line has not been healthy, or playing well, for a while now. Hopefully a good portion of that will be fixed with the bye and hopeful return of Kyle to the LG position.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2403194 said:
Flo is trying to gut it out for the team.

CC --pardon me for disagreeing with a man of such well know posts --but thats bull --Flo is on the field because he is told to.. and I am sure his hand is hurt -but we have all seen him in the past stand there with his hands on his hips as a rusher goes by him and kills our QB --its not pain -he is lazy --Parcells staff got a little out of him --but he has played this way in the past and will again. I don't think he likes being told what to do by Houck .

And yes JT it was a wreck last time he went out --with Bledsoe and very young replacement propects..Sorry Flozell was -is -and will be the biggest joke and loser on this team --Play a rookie and chip with a running back but leave him at home and cut him as soon as we can stand the salary hit:banghead:

aikemirv

Reaction score
I know you think we deserve an explanation but if Free is as bad as he must be (since Flo is playing like this and with this condition) and Wade comes out and tells the "fans" that Flo has a broken hand and a dead arm then that makes him even more vulnerable than he is playing with the condition and the other teams have the explanation you desire!!!!!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
sacowboysfan513;2403255 said:
Aha, that is why you offered to watch the game. You are excited about your DVR.

either that or he is a severe masochist.

i deleted that game before it was even over, lol.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
aikemirv;2403249 said:
I know you think we deserve an explanation but if Free is as bad as he must be (since Flo is playing like this and with this condition) and Wade comes out and tells the "fans" that Flo has a broken hand and a dead arm then that makes him even more vulnerable than he is playing with the condition and the other teams have the explanation you desire!!!!!
I am not convinced Free can be any worst. And that is the problem in Dallas...every position has to be steak...or appear to be steak...or we don't play them. There are many of offenses in the NFL that do fine with ONE go to WR and the rest "just a guy". But we need a Pro Bowl QB, RB, TE, WR(s) and OL to feel ready for battle. Parcells wanted McQuistan on his way out the door. Free was supposedly a steal in the 4th round. Heck the Commanders played last year with Stephon Heyer...a rookie free agent...after Jansen went down. And Heyer beat Jansen out this year. You cannot convince me that Free is not ready to show what he has. Esepecially when the risk of protecting Tony ROmo did not exist. If Adams is playing with ONE arm...somebody, anybody had to be a better alternative.

ddh33

Reaction score
I'm guessing that Flozell wants to tough it out, and I'm also guessing that Wade is not going to tell him not to. So he plays.

In a recent press conference I heard, Wade was clearly trying to not talk about Flozell. He was silent a while before finally admitting that Flozell had more injuries than last year. He also said that the QBs didn't get the ball out on time either, and that was making the line look worse.

I'm betting that Wade doesn't want to tell the world that Flozell is playing wiht one hand and one shoulder. It's only going to make teams attack him even more...

What everyone needs to hope for is Flozell getting back to himself over this bye.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
ddh33;2403319 said:
I'm guessing that Flozell wants to tough it out, and I'm also guessing that Wade is not going to tell him not to. So he plays.

In a recent press conference I heard, Wade was clearly trying to not talk about Flozell. He was silent a while before finally admitting that Flozell had more injuries than last year. He also said that the QBs didn't get the ball out on time either, and that was making the line look worse.

I'm betting that Wade doesn't want to tell the world that Flozell is playing wiht one hand and one shoulder. It's only going to make teams attack him even more...

What everyone needs to hope for is Flozell getting back to himself over this bye.
if he has a broken hand it is not going to heal in a week...and this is 2008....this is the NFL....if we on the boards know flozell is playing banged up...every team in the NFL knows he is banged up...it is/was piss poor decision making....piss poor! Flo has been useless...better off letting him get better and seeing what the other guys can do while the backup QB was playing...then to have Flo out there doing ZERO. Go look at the game...it does not take a rocker scientist to figure out the guy had nothing.

links18

Reaction score
bbailey423;2403312 said:
I am not convinced Free can be any worst. And that is the problem in Dallas...every position has to be steak...or appear to be steak...or we don't play them. There are many of offenses in the NFL that do fine with ONE go to WR and the rest "just a guy". But we need a Pro Bowl QB, RB, TE, WR(s) and OL to feel ready for battle. Parcells wanted McQuistan on his way out the door. Free was supposedly a steal in the 4th round. Heck the Commanders played last year with Stephon Heyer...a rookie free agent...after Jansen went down. And Heyer beat Jansen out this year. You cannot convince me that Free is not ready to show what he has. Esepecially when the risk of protecting Tony ROmo did not exist. If Adams is playing with ONE arm...somebody, anybody had to be a better alternative.

The brain trust that runs the team simply can't figure these things out. Just like it can't figure out that it makes no sense to start Brad Johnson, or if you are going to start him, have Witten sit, because no reason to risk further injury. They are just simply clueless......:confused: