*** The Fire Garrett/Coaches Thread **merged**

wileedog

Reaction score
Here’s a better question like I’ve been saying for weeks. Who would you prefer to get that’s definitely an upgrade. It seems every coach mostly has the same ups and downs outside of New England

Who is not? He is a .500 coach who owes most of his success to Romo and a last place schedule last year. He has consistently shown his inability to coach around top talent losses to injury.

Seriously, if we are playing the "who is an upgrade?" game what exactly is on JG's resume that makes him better than just about anyone? He wasn't even qualified to be given the HC job in the first place with almost no resume to speak of.

He's Jeff Fisher without the 'stache or any semblance of pedigree.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Who is not? He is a .500 coach who owes most of his success to Romo and a last place schedule last year. He has consistently shown his inability to coach around top talent losses to injury.

Seriously, if we are playing the "who is an upgrade?" game what exactly is on JG's resume that makes him better than just about anyone? He wasn't even qualified to be given the HC job in the first place with almost no resume to speak of.

He's Jeff Fisher without the 'stache.
Any person who says bold is silly period. Last place schedule my butt the only difference is two freaking games that may or may not be harder depending on how things play out. Stop parroting what you hear these tv idiots say.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Get rid of him already.

The only other franchise in the league, that allows a coach to be around as long as he has been, with no playoff success, is the Cincinnati Bengals.

Let that sink in.

Literally every other team in the league would have fired him by now.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score

He's Jeff Fisher without the 'stache or any semblance of pedigree.

13-3 and 12-4 Seasons to his credit makes him more attractive than other retreads.

Now find me the next Sean McVay and I’m with you. I just don’t know who that is.

Jerry hasn’t been one to go hire a young up and comer he doesn’t have a past relationship with. He likes veteran coaches or past players/assistants.

kevm3

Reaction score
Garrett is like a new age guru. A football Tony Robbins. He has these guys behind him, spouting his rhetoric and chanting his platitudes when anyone outside of the positivity cult can see that things aren't heading anywhere positive.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Garrett just said, “ I thought the defense did a good job bouncing back...”. What does that even mean. The defense got trashed on the run plays. The eagles scored 37 points. How can anyone, including Jerry, support this guy?
He knows it doesn't matter what he says, the only thing that matters is how much *** issuing he does with Jerry.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whatever FINALLY gets Garrett GONE is fine by me. Even better,...I honestly believe that with the talent we already have on hand and the talent we can add in the off season a new head coach would have a great chance at winning a Super Bowl right off the bat.

Totally agree.

:thumbup:

wileedog

Reaction score
Jerry hasn’t been one to go hire a young up and comer he doesn’t have a past relationship with. He likes veteran coaches or past players/assistants.

The is everyone's 20 somethingth annual reminder that Garret and the coaching is the symptom. Jerry is the disease.

wileedog

Reaction score
Any person who says bold is silly period. Last place schedule my butt the only difference is two freaking games that may or may not be harder depending on how things play out. Stop parroting what you hear these tv idiots say.
It was a crap schedule not just because of the standings - we played some bad teams and won more than a few games by luck. We didn't even make the NCF championship game because our defense couldn't remotely slow down Rodgers. That was not a 13-3 team, as evidence by how badly we are getting killed this year just one year removed

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can we get Harbaugh

I want a good young coach and not some off the shelf retread. I could see Jerry firing the Ginger and all of us Happy only for him to bring in Jeff Fisher as the next head coach. And you know that would be a very real possibility if the ginger was fired.

Fire Gerrett first, and then we'll go from there.

It's a process...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
How many playoff wins have they had in 7 seasons?

The Cowboys have 2 playoff wins since 1996, one of them under JG. Unfortunately, it appears the problem is bigger than Jason Garrett.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on board with firing him. I just don't have confidence that the next guy will be any more successful in this organization.

wileedog

Reaction score
13-3 and 12-4 Seasons to his credit makes him more attractive than other retreads.

Romo had a MVP type season in one of those and the other had the benefit of schedule. Notice the 4-12 season between them when Garret could barely squeak out 2 wins without Romo. That was one of the worst coached seasons we have ever seen.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cowboys have 2 playoff wins since 1996, one of them under JG. Unfortunately, it appears the problem is bigger than Jason Garrett.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on board with firing him. I just don't have confidence that the next guy will be any more successful in this organization.

Honestly, how much worse could it get? We would at least get two new coordinators and schemes out of it. The offense needs retooled completely and the defense needs some better players and a coach.

Zman5

Reaction score

Had the Rams had the same attitude, they would be stuck with Fisher this year and missed out on McVey. I get that there are no guarantees how the new coaches will turn out. Sometimes you have to just cut bait and take some risks. After 7 years, it's obvious JG will not win us anything unless everything is perfect (top players, no injuries, etc..)