The Fire Jason Garrett Thread **merged**

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reality, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Satchel89

Satchel89 Well-Known Member

1,489 Messages
    1,556 Likes Received
    At least I won't have to hear how dangerous this team would be in the playoffs anymore. I can't remember a Cowboys team that was so hard to watch. The 2015 team had a better offense then what we had to watch this season. Please give us a new coach Jerry....Please

2. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

13,375 Messages
    16,999 Likes Received
    His process has failed. Nothing notable has come from it.
    Our once dominant line looked mortal this year, even before Smith was out.
    Garrett ain't no qb whisperer. Wide receivers suck.
    Defense has been in a limbo of mediocre turmoil. Only to see players we thought sucked play better when they leave here.

3. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

2,550 Messages
    1,745 Likes Received
    The sooner we get this clown out of here the better, guy is a loser, will never win anything with this clown.

4. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

13,596 Messages
    8,257 Likes Received
    HOW many years does he get?

7 years and this team has gone no where, wasting the careers of three allpros and potential HOFers.

We evaluate players in three years. But Garrett has doubled that tenure and shown nothing. What are we expecting out of him that we haven’t already got?

Amy50632, Chocolate Lab, MS17 and 2 others like this.
  5. TX_Yid

TX_Yid Well-Known Member

2,009 Messages
    1,060 Likes Received
    1st and 3 at the goal line with Zeke back in the back field and what does this coaching staff do? Heads should roll for those 2 plays alone, that is some absolutely ignorant bull honky.

Amy50632 likes this.
  6. KingintheNorth

KingintheNorth Chris in Arizona

13,542 Messages
    16,767 Likes Received
    Many will find excuses or others to blame, and don't get me wrong, Dez, Dak, and even Dan Bailey, were very bad today, but Garrett mishandled the entire game. The timeout before the half, the lackadaisical clock management in the second to last drive, playcalling at the goal line, going for the field goal on 1st down with a stopped clock.

Horrible, horrible as a game manager and he is clearly not going to ever improve at it.

7. PBCCowboy

PBCCowboy Well-Known Member

1,041 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    FIRE GARRETT NOW.

Amy50632 likes this.
  8. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

25,948 Messages
    18,778 Likes Received
    Whatever good this team is, was based on Garrett’s Control being taken away.. Bill Callahan built this line... Jerry took away play calling from him...

Amy50632, pjtoadie, TheDude and 2 others like this.
  9. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

6,215 Messages
    3,616 Likes Received
    Don't know why this thread. I doubt he goes anywhere

10. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

25,948 Messages
    18,778 Likes Received
    This team has no identity with Garrett and Jerry thinks he can simply mask it with experienced play-callers... Jerry is trying to protect his ego, but in the process he’s not.. He doesn’t realize Cowboys fans will adore him the day he gets a real HC and works alongside him.

Amy50632 and dreghorn2 like this.
  11. SMASHMOUTH9473

SMASHMOUTH9473 Active Member

372 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    Fire Garrett, the OC, the QB coach....
    Cut Dez, Cut Cooper, Cut Bell and Cut Green. Hire someone who knows how to teach Dak to throw the ball further than 5 yards down the field. Extremely hard to get a 1st down when you need 8 yards for a 1st down and you throw it to the slow footed Witten for 2 yards.

Amy50632 likes this.
  12. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

6,444 Messages
    6,179 Likes Received
    Garrett still sucks?! Color me shocked

Amy50632 likes this.
  13. Otto65

Otto65 Active Member

118 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Unfortunately JJ will probably keep Garrett. They will throw someone out to appease the fan base. Maybe Linehan. I don't understand when you had Elliot running hard, you switch to have Dak attempt 34 passes. Zeke finished with 97 yards and probably could have had more. Best way to stop a strong pass rush is with a strong run game.

14. Howboutdemcowboys31

Howboutdemcowboys31 Well-Known Member

3,869 Messages
    6,159 Likes Received
    I think he stays this year and will be gone after next if we fail. I hope he's just gone this off season

15. knightrider94

knightrider94 Well-Known Member

1,617 Messages
    2,397 Likes Received
    There have been so many mistakes this season. From the lack of halftime adjustments, to not running Zeke on second and goal, it just shows that he is still over his head after all these years. People laugh at Jeff Fisher, but at least he took a team to a Super Bowl. We will never snuff a NFC championship game under Garrett.

Amy50632 likes this.
  16. garyo1954

garyo1954 Well-Known Member

1,856 Messages
    2,031 Likes Received
    Ain't happening! Jerry just said he has been around a lot of head coaches and he feels good about Jason Garret being the head coach. Saw the video on ESPN.........

17. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

9,800 Messages
    15,836 Likes Received
  18. noshame

noshame I'm not dead yet...... Zone Supporter

8,183 Messages
    5,739 Likes Received
    I honestly don't think Linehan will survive the day tomorrow Garrett will finish calling plays next week

19. PBCCowboy

PBCCowboy Well-Known Member

1,041 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    FIRE GARRETT NOW.

Amy50632 likes this.
  20. pugilist

pugilist Stick N Move

7,122 Messages
    9,848 Likes Received
    yeah i mean, that's all that really matters at this point

Garrett needs to go. Actually, he needed to go after 2015. Nothing else to really talk about until that task is completed

Amy50632 likes this.