The Fire Jason Garrett Thread **merged**

Satchel89

Reaction score
At least I won't have to hear how dangerous this team would be in the playoffs anymore. I can't remember a Cowboys team that was so hard to watch. The 2015 team had a better offense then what we had to watch this season. Please give us a new coach Jerry....Please

John813

Reaction score
His process has failed. Nothing notable has come from it.
Our once dominant line looked mortal this year, even before Smith was out.
Garrett ain't no qb whisperer. Wide receivers suck.
Defense has been in a limbo of mediocre turmoil. Only to see players we thought sucked play better when they leave here.

Gaede

Reaction score
HOW many years does he get?

7 years and this team has gone no where, wasting the careers of three allpros and potential HOFers.

We evaluate players in three years. But Garrett has doubled that tenure and shown nothing. What are we expecting out of him that we haven’t already got?

TX_Yid

Reaction score
1st and 3 at the goal line with Zeke back in the back field and what does this coaching staff do? Heads should roll for those 2 plays alone, that is some absolutely ignorant bull honky.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Many will find excuses or others to blame, and don't get me wrong, Dez, Dak, and even Dan Bailey, were very bad today, but Garrett mishandled the entire game. The timeout before the half, the lackadaisical clock management in the second to last drive, playcalling at the goal line, going for the field goal on 1st down with a stopped clock.

Horrible, horrible as a game manager and he is clearly not going to ever improve at it.

khiladi

Reaction score
This team has no identity with Garrett and Jerry thinks he can simply mask it with experienced play-callers... Jerry is trying to protect his ego, but in the process he’s not.. He doesn’t realize Cowboys fans will adore him the day he gets a real HC and works alongside him.

SMASHMOUTH9473

Reaction score
Fire Garrett, the OC, the QB coach....
Cut Dez, Cut Cooper, Cut Bell and Cut Green. Hire someone who knows how to teach Dak to throw the ball further than 5 yards down the field. Extremely hard to get a 1st down when you need 8 yards for a 1st down and you throw it to the slow footed Witten for 2 yards.

Otto65

Reaction score
Unfortunately JJ will probably keep Garrett. They will throw someone out to appease the fan base. Maybe Linehan. I don't understand when you had Elliot running hard, you switch to have Dak attempt 34 passes. Zeke finished with 97 yards and probably could have had more. Best way to stop a strong pass rush is with a strong run game.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I think he stays this year and will be gone after next if we fail. I hope he's just gone this off season

knightrider94

Reaction score
There have been so many mistakes this season. From the lack of halftime adjustments, to not running Zeke on second and goal, it just shows that he is still over his head after all these years. People laugh at Jeff Fisher, but at least he took a team to a Super Bowl. We will never snuff a NFC championship game under Garrett.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Ain't happening! Jerry just said he has been around a lot of head coaches and he feels good about Jason Garret being the head coach. Saw the video on ESPN.........

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly don't think Linehan will survive the day tomorrow Garrett will finish calling plays next week

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
yeah i mean, that's all that really matters at this point

Garrett needs to go. Actually, he needed to go after 2015. Nothing else to really talk about until that task is completed