The First Cowboys' Christmas Eve game

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
reeves-ap-671224099-full.jpg

For the seventh time in team history, and only the fourth occasion overall at home, the Dallas Cowboys will take the field this year on Christmas Eve, welcoming the Seattle Seahawks to AT&T Stadium.

Over the last three decades, this has been a somewhat regular tradition for the club, with the Cowboys having played on Dec. 24 in 1989, 1994, 1999, 2005 and 2011. Unfortunately, there has all too often been coal left in the stockings, as Dallas has gone a mere 1-4 in those holiday affairs, the lone victory coming at Carolina in 2005.

But for every franchise, there are certain special games that helped to determine its destiny and clarify the caliber and character of its coach and players. For the Cowboys, one of those defining dates occurred 50 years ago on Dec. 24, 1967. In the team’s first Christmas Eve contest ever, Dallas hosted the Cleveland Browns in what would also become the first playoff win in franchise history.

And with the historic holiday victory, this Texas team moved one step closer to truly becoming America’s Team. It was a game fit for the season. It was a game for the ages.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/content/holiday-firsts

su2ex1.gif

ornament-full.png

Fifty years ago, the Dallas Cowboys played in their first Christmas Eve game and also celebrated the franchise’s first playoff win with one of the most dominating performances in team history.
by Kurt Daniels

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They put me in a pickle. Go to mass with my family or watch the game. I asked for advice from the zone but I was sent to the dramazone never to be heard from again. My whole family has rearranged their plans for me. I will bbq for them And they will all come over to watch the game..mass will have to wait.