The first prediction of season

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
This on paper barring significant injuries is a 10+ win team. I'm assuming a future starting S and an addition to the DL rotation are selected in rounds 2 & 3 next weekend. Should be the best roster the team has had in a while. Granted, it's April so a lot can happen good and bad before Week 1.

Kage

Reaction score
I have 10-6 as well.

Losses to Patriots, Vikings, Eagles, Saints, Bears and Rams.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I have us going 12-4. This team has improved this offseason, and will only get even better after the draft.

Losses to the Rams, Saints, Eagles, and Washington. We finally beat Brady and exercise those demons.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We will not lose all those late season games. I didn't read the article, because it was from BSPN, but I am surprised they have us at 10-6.

I haven't even went trough my game by game look to for a.... way too early, but have to do it.... prediction.

I do know I will not predict anything less than 8-8 or 9-7.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Until I see otherwise I won't predict anything less than last year's record.

Personally I think the talent will take a step up if nothing else than experience.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Lol. So technically, what they're saying is, every playoff team will lose to Dallas as well. First round anyway. No need to be a college grad to work on BSPN with those enlightened predictions. :lmao2:

LOL. We we beat Philly twice (playoff team) last year, NO (Playoff Team)...so this team can beat playoff teams...and we will be better next year, fredbeard back (huge), Cobb>Beasley, Quinn>Gregory/Charlton, upgraded safety and we still have the draft...and a new OC that is hopefully modernizing the playbook...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I have predicted 11-5 for the past three years.
Might as well make it four.

Full disclosure, I'm not the usual team, player, owner, gm, coach hating fan
so I guess this is considered a rose-colored glasses view... lol.

Normally, I like to wait until after the draft and the preseason to predict our record. But, with this thread being in, I'll make a pre-draft predictions

Sept. 8: vs. N.Y. Giants, Win - Our Defence will make the Giants have a really bad day haha. This should be quite a large margin of victory for us.

Sept. 15: at Washington, Win - I think Cooper and Zeke will be the difference here.

Sept. 22: vs. Miami, Win - It's Miami. We'll probably dominate them

Sept. 29: at Saints, Loss - Our win last year against them will have the Saints fiery such that they hand us our first loss.

Oct. 6: vs. Green Bay, Win - Close game, but I think Dak holds them off

Oct. 13: at N.Y. Jets, Win - Should be a blowout

Oct. 20: vs. Philadelphia, Win - I think the espn chap has this reversed. I think we'll probably split with Philly, but we'll take this game as we're at home this game.

Nov. 4: at N.Y. Giants, Win - Probably a tad closer than the home meeting, but we'll win this.

Nov. 10: vs. Minnesota, Win - Because this is at ATT Stadium, I think we'll win a close game here.

Nov. 17: at Detroit, Win - Shouldn't be that close

Nov. 24: at New England, Loss - It's the Patriots....though, if we can get a proper 1 tech and a better safety, I could turn this into a win. If we can pressure and attack Brady, we've got a shot, and he's not got Gronk. Still, this probably becomes loss number 2 of the season

Nov. 28: vs. Buffalo, Win - A very delightful Thanksgiving with a comfortable win

Dec. 5: at Chicago, Loss - I think this will be a very cold weather game, so we probably lose this in a close game. I could flip this into a win though depending on how we improve the positions indicated in the Pats game

Dec. 15: vs. L.A. Rams, Win - I actually think we'll win this. I think Robert Quinn will be the difference here. Given that we'll likely be 11-3 here, I think we also win the division at this point of the season.

Dec. 22: at Philadelphia, Loss - Depends on our draft and if Wentz is healthy. If Wentz is injured, this is a win

Dec. 29: vs. Washington, Win - I will have a Happy Birthday on this day because we finish 12-4 with a sweep of Washington and our win over LA gives us the HF Advantage

I think we'll win the divisional round against San Francisco who, I think, ends up winning a wildcard spot and we end up reigniting a classic rivalry. But, we'll dispose of them very easily. Then, we will meet the Rams and beat them again in Dallas. Then beat the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Normally, I like to wait until after the draft and the preseason to predict our record. But, with this thread being in, I'll make a pre-draft predictions

Sept. 8: vs. N.Y. Giants, Win - Our Defence will make the Giants have a really bad day haha. This should be quite a large margin of victory for us.

Sept. 15: at Washington, Win - I think Cooper and Zeke will be the difference here.

Sept. 22: vs. Miami, Win - It's Miami. We'll probably dominate them

Sept. 29: at Saints, Loss - Our win last year against them will have the Saints fiery such that they hand us our first loss.

Oct. 6: vs. Green Bay, Win - Close game, but I think Dak holds them off

Oct. 13: at N.Y. Jets, Win - Should be a blowout

Oct. 20: vs. Philadelphia, Win - I think the espn chap has this reversed. I think we'll probably split with Philly, but we'll take this game as we're at home this game.

Nov. 4: at N.Y. Giants, Win - Probably a tad closer than the home meeting, but we'll win this.

Nov. 10: vs. Minnesota, Win - Because this is at ATT Stadium, I think we'll win a close game here.

Nov. 17: at Detroit, Win - Shouldn't be that close

Nov. 24: at New England, Loss - It's the Patriots....though, if we can get a proper 1 tech and a better safety, I could turn this into a win. If we can pressure and attack Brady, we've got a shot, and he's not got Gronk. Still, this probably becomes loss number 2 of the season

Nov. 28: vs. Buffalo, Win - A very delightful Thanksgiving with a comfortable win

Dec. 5: at Chicago, Loss - I think this will be a very cold weather game, so we probably lose this in a close game. I could flip this into a win though depending on how we improve the positions indicated in the Pats game

Dec. 15: vs. L.A. Rams, Win - I actually think we'll win this. I think Robert Quinn will be the difference here. Given that we'll likely be 11-3 here, I think we also win the division at this point of the season.

Dec. 22: at Philadelphia, Loss - Depends on our draft and if Wentz is healthy. If Wentz is injured, this is a win

Dec. 29: vs. Washington, Win - I will have a Happy Birthday on this day because we finish 12-4 with a sweep of Washington and our win over LA gives us the HF Advantage

I think we'll win the divisional round against San Francisco who, I think, ends up winning a wildcard spot and we end up reigniting a classic rivalry. But, we'll dispose of them very easily. Then, we will meet the Rams and beat them again in Dallas. Then beat the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.

Yes, I should make a caveat here. I like what I've seen of the SF QB Mullens last year. Garoppolo is a very good QB. I think the Seahawks will hit a wall in the NFC West. I think the Wild Card spots in the NFC will go to Carolina and San Francisco.

conner01

Reaction score
So much is riding on the offense.

Defense looks to be really solid— so the questions all center around Dak, Kellen Moore, the OL’s health, and whether or not this unit can shake itself loose from predictability and self-inflicted mistakes that kill drives.
That’s what will determine our season

Etchyboy

Reaction score
I got us 18-0.... Yahh I am saying it now!

Only 3 games I am nervous about. Rams, Aints and Pats.. None of the other teams out there can compare to us.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Dallas Morning News has us at 9-7

It's really hard to predict a season, but this is close to what I would guess. Maybe 9 - 7 or even a tie game making us 9 - 6 and 1, or maybe a little better at 10 and 6. It's so hard to say. I don't think we'll be an elite team, though I would love to be proven wrong.