The Good Doctor

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I started watching it last year and find it actually a pretty interesting new series so far. I'm really not into new shows from start to end. NCIS is one I've kept up with from the beginning, I'm more into shows like Forensic Files, The First 48, Dateline.

For those of you that have watched what's your take on it?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I started watching it last year and find it actually a pretty interesting new series so far. I'm really not into new shows from start to end. NCIS is one I've kept up with from the beginning, I'm more into shows like Forensic Files, The First 48, Dateline.

For those of you that have watched what's your take on it?
It's an excellent show. I don't know how realistic it is, but the premise, stories and the acting are all very good.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I initially liked the show but as it went on it became a little too much for me.

I work in a company that is what some would at one time refer to as a sheltered work shop. Although I have various different jobs/tasks where I work with various state agencies, I am not directly employed to work with our special individuals. However I do interact with them on a daily and regular basis within the building (and that is a blessing for me).

We have many different people with various types and degrees of Autism. One thing I did notice that I have found true in many cases is that physical humor is easily detected by many with autism however sometimes dry or even simple verbal humor may not be detected by some even with high functioning autism and or Aspergers. That is why I found some of the show working when a doctor or someone would make a sarcastic joke and he just could not detect it so did not see the humor and took it serious.

HOWEVER with that said...for an actor playing a high functioning person with Autism..his voice patterns are too silly and robotic to the point that it annoys the heck out of me. It got so bad that I finally had to quit watching the show.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I initially liked the show but as it went on it became a little too much for me.

I work in a company that is what some would at one time refer to as a sheltered work shop. Although I have various different jobs/tasks where I work with various state agencies, I am not directly employed to work with our special individuals. However I do interact with them on a daily and regular basis within the building (and that is a blessing for me).

We have many different people with various types and degrees of Autism. One thing I did notice that I have found true in many cases is that physical humor is easily detected by many with autism however sometimes dry or even simple verbal humor may not be detected by some even with high functioning autism and or Aspergers. That is why I found some of the show working when a doctor or someone would make a sarcastic joke and he just could not detect it so did not see the humor and took it serious.

HOWEVER with that said...for an actor playing a high functioning person with Autism..his voice patterns are too silly and robotic to the point that it annoys the heck out of me. It got so bad that I finally had to quit watching the show.
It took me awhile of watching several episodes to get onboard with the theme of it. Kinda like beer I guess, nobody likes it initially, it's an acquired taste, but it IMO have some good bones to it unlike some of the shows they're coming out with now.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

His speech patterns are a little much, but I imagine some people can actually be that way, if they're only focused on what they're saying, and not how they're saying it. In his case, I was under the impression he simply states his view as a common fact that everyone should know, so there's little reason for the inflection one would use when trying to explain his reasoning.....but I have little experience with Asperger's or any other form of autism.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Second half of the first season the quality was significantly worse, but they closed strong. Decent open to season 2. Very keen to see how they handle things going forward. Don't know if the show will have staying power or not.

Also interested in seeing episode 1 of New Amsterdam.