The Great Dakbate

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m afraid Dog your gonna be barking up this tree for at least another contract with Dak.
First i don't bark......next there some things in life one cannot control and I'm OK with that. If Jerry continues with Inept Dak trust me just add another 10 years of no SUPERBOWLS and life goes on......I mean what are we going to do kick our cat lol.....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dog— Jerry thinks he’s going to live forever and doesn’t want to win bad enough to step away why would he admit he made a mistake with Dak?

It’s for better or worse. It might take a few years to draft more talent at recievers and continuing to build defense and get back to 2016 level but that’s our destiny with Jerry. He can sell .500.

We’re all in on Dak..regardless.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dog— Jerry thinks he’s going to live forever and doesn’t want to win bad enough to step away why would he admit he made a mistake with Dak?

It’s for better or worse. It might take a few years to draft more talent at recievers and continuing to build defense and get back to 2016 level but that’s our destiny with Jerry. He can sell .500.

We’re all in on Dak..regardless.

So the Dak-Bot in you finally shows.....its K man it's a free country....we agree to disagree...time will tell the tale soonest...GL to our Cowboys!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
First i don't bark......next there some things in life one cannot control and I'm OK with that. If Jerry continues with Inept Dak trust me just add another 10 years of no SUPERBOWLS and life goes on......I mean what are we going to do kick our cat lol.....
Of course. That’s not breaking news. Lol

I don’t expect us to win another SB as long as he has control. It hasn’t been about winning Super Bowls for a Long time now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So the Dak-Bot in you finally shows.....its K man it's a free country....we agree to disagree...time will tell the tale soonest...GL to our Cowboys!
I call it like I see it. I haven’t been wrong much especially when it comes to what motivates Jerry.

Could we get lucky, sure. But it’s going to take a greater QB and talent than we’ve had in a generation.

kskboys

Reaction score
Wha??????? Another Dak thread? Yep but this one is neither fer him nor agin him. Ya see, I am stuck in the middle with Dak Prescott.

I do not get this pick a side with a young QB playing what is accepted as the toughest position in all sports. When his predecessor had two seasons under his belt, he had not started a regular season game. Rodgers carried a clipboard his first two seasons. How about Brees first two seasons?

What do rookie QB's usually do? Throw a lot of picks and he only has 17 to Wentz's 21 in the same number of seasons but Dak has 4 more games played. Yeah, he had 3x as many in his soph season but about the right amount for a rookie QB, which is what he was more of his second season than his first. He was a play executer his rookie season and asked to be a real QB his second with 6 games without his best weapon. He struggled, no doubt, but that doesn't mean he will this season.

No one here really knows the effect having a player like Bryant in his huddle for a young QB and they've admitted they were trying to force the ball to him early on in games. Romo discussed catch radius, where was Bryant's? Up. Think that is easy with a WR that is a jump ball player? Didn't Bryan's previous QB have struggles with him in the beginning?

And concerning how #1WR's can affect the QB, did the Cowboys not release a WR going into the HOF to make the team more "Romo friendly"? Hell, isn't having a HOF WR not QB friendly? Sure was for Aikman, Montana and Bradshaw.

I have seen enough good to give me optimism and enough not so good for concern but not enough of either to take a side yet. Certainly not to the point of we need to get him under a new contract or we need to get another QB. Considering the growth curve on NFL QB's and the first couple of seasons, what do we know? "Fire and rain" but not enough of either to make a call yet. Certainly not enough to argue over.

For all of the arguing and defending going on, I think there are a lot more posters in my "undecided" category than I've been seeing.
Aikman, Montana, and Bradshaw had the ultimate QB friendly facet on their team: A great D!!!!!

NotForLong

Reaction score
If you look at all INTs in 2017 and take out the ones where the ball bounced off the WR and take out the desperation throws when they were down on the scoreboard late, then the number of INTs was much smaller. About half or more were in the categories above.

After that some of the remaining INTs were caused by WR mistakes or Dak getting hit as he threw the ball. I can specifically remember one where he got hit and the ball went up like a punt and one where Dez fell down.
Wow so Dak wasnt responsible for any ints. Wow how did you just twist that. You should work in politics

NotForLong

Reaction score
I hope and pray thats the general defensive schemes against Dak
It's been the defensive scheame for the last 2 years. It's why those who criticize Dak have no faith in him. He doesn't have the vision to see plays develop down field nor does he have the arm strength or accuracy to reach the wide receivers.

But there's still hope because the Cowbous will forgo throwing downfield and work the middle of the field with play calling that utilizes Daks skill set. :flagwave:

There's still hope for the over hyped Cowboy god

NotForLong

Reaction score
J4qA5Kf.gif
His name is Mike White aka Kellen Moores pet cat

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree with you. I have never said Romo or Dak couldn't throw a deep ball. I believe both can throw any pass that is needed.

I read that article, interesting stuff but just verified what my eyes have seen.

Some guys definitely throw it better. You certainly need deep threats and guys that can get open deep. And something like Zeke and play action to fool them. I though Aikman threw a terrible deep ball. But then again he didnt really have those deep threat type receivers.

NotForLong

Reaction score
LONGGGGGGGG.....but look at the bright side after all is said and done the "Age of Dak" will be over and at last we will be moving on from this Jerry MISTAKE and fantasy.....Cowboy fans WAKE UP its been 23 years of glory-less existence time for reality to stand it ground and go back to the basics.....first and foremost a new DOOMSDAY and a QB who defenses will fear will GUT them out when there playing stop the Zeke man....
Zeke realistically only has 3 to 4 year shelf life. He'll be gone by the time they finally decide to cut ties with Dak and develop a QB. Looks as though Mike White is our only hope

NotForLong

Reaction score
Some guys definitely throw it better. You certainly need deep threats and guys that can get open deep. And something like Zeke and play action to fool them. I though Aikman threw a terrible deep ball. But then again he didnt really have those deep threat type receivers.
Some of the greatest defensive back breaking plays were deep passes to Alvin Harper at critical times. So please dont tell me even Aikman threw a terrible deep ball.

Your revisionists history to suit Dak is false.

Dont put down Aikman to prop up Dak. Where will the madness stop

waving monkey

Reaction score
So funny, just watch some time next year two Dak related things happen. [1] we make real noise in the tournament.
[2] The Dak extension is signed. Now all the guff bout thats going to be the end of the franchise will be touted and I get
even more chuckles for free.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Some of the greatest defensive back breaking plays were deep passes to Alvin Harper at critical times. So please dont tell me even Aikman threw a terrible deep ball.

Your revisionists history to suit Dak is false.

Dont put down Aikman to prop up Dak. Where will the madness stop

Dak does not throw many deep balls however according to the stats he is 4th in accuracy rate of passes 20 plus. Saying he needs to throw deep is one thing claiming he can't or is inaccurate is wrong. People throw a bunch of crap around here and facts do not back up the crap. Clearly people who do not like Dak will look for any reason to blast him but at least use facts not made up BS to fit your own agenda

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-most-accurate-deep-ball-passers-in-2017

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dak does not throw many deep balls however according to the stats he is 4th in accuracy rate of passes 20 plus. Saying he needs to throw deep is one thing claiming he can't or is inaccurate is wrong. People throw a bunch of crap around here and facts do not back up the crap. Clearly people who do not like Dak will look for any reason to blast him but at least use facts not made up BS to fit your own agenda
Your wrong. Dak is terrible down field.

If not he would consistantly make teams pay for stacking the box. But he's not. Teams still stack the line. Elliott is such a weapon that teams have to stack the box but Dak is no threat at all so there is no fear from opposing teams.

That is my proof.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Wow so Dak wasnt responsible for any ints. Wow how did you just twist that. You should work in politics
That's not what he said at all. He didn't say he wasn't responsible for any. You added that.

To add, Dak DID throw some awful passes, but that doesn't mean that every incomplete/INT pass was all his fault. There's many things to consider. Not having a legit no. 1 WR who can stretch the field (Like Dez, Witten and TO in their prime) doesn't help. Some were his fault, some were not.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Your wrong. Dak is terrible down field.

If not he would consistantly make teams pay for stacking the box. But he's not. Teams still stack the line. Elliott is such a weapon that teams have to stack the box but Dak is no threat at all so there is no fear from opposing teams.

That is my proof.

Your proof is about as stupid as your comment. I agree he does not throw deep often which is why Dallas has looked for outside speed. Claiming he can't throw is wrong and I showed the facts to back it up not just an opinion.