The Great Dakbate

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Some guys definitely throw it better. You certainly need deep threats and guys that can get open deep. And something like Zeke and play action to fool them. I though Aikman threw a terrible deep ball. But then again he didnt really have those deep threat type receivers.
Fact check... Troy did throw a good deep ball and had deep threat recievers.

Alvin Harper average over 18 yards per catch career. Over 21 yards in 1993 and over 24 yards per catch in 1994.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HarpAl00.htm

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Your proof is about as stupid as your comment. I agree he does not throw deep often which is why Dallas has looked for outside speed. Claiming he can't throw is wrong and I showed the facts to back it up not just an opinion.
Correct!

Dallas was near the bottom in the NFL with pass attempts beyond 20 yards of LOS.

We can argue why but there’s no escaping those numbers which are alarming.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Interesting we’ll critic our recieving Corp last year for not stretching the field with no # 1 reciever but somehow believe this group of recievers will?

Wonder what it will take for the slobbering Daksters to be more critical?

NotForLong

Reaction score
Your proof is about as stupid as your comment. I agree he does not throw deep often which is why Dallas has looked for outside speed. Claiming he can't throw is wrong and I showed the facts to back it up not just an opinion.
How can a QB play a 16 game scheduale of 9 in the box. And yet not throw deep enough.

And instead of looking at said QBs inadequacies you come to some other "logical" decision. That it's the inadequacies of his WR. If that helps you sleep better at night

But the truth is Dak cant read a defense, cant go through his progressions and doesn't have the arm strength or footwork to accurately reach his wrs. Point blank. (Checkout Akoye Films on youtube) it's all there in his film breakdowns

Otherwise he would continually and consistantly make teams pay.

I think the team realizes what they have in Dak and are gonna completely overhaul the offense so Dak doesnt need to look 20 TDs down the field

NotForLong

Reaction score
Correct!

Dallas was near the bottom in the NFL with pass attempts beyond 20 yards of LOS.

We can argue why but there’s no escaping those numbers which are alarming.
That's my whole point. There's 9 in the box. No excuses for that stat. Pathetic really

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's my whole point. There's 9 in the box. No excuses for that stat. Pathetic really
In the NFL you have to throw your reciever open and timing patterns where the ball is thrown before they make their move.

And why some very good college QB’s struggle making the adjustment to NFL where their recievers aren’t wide open.

It’s why in NFL need zip and velocity on the ball with precise accurate throws into coverage downfield or it leaves you with mainly dumping off under coverage. Sound familiar?

It doesn’t mean they don’t have an arm or can’t throw it downfield. And you can’t be afraid to throw Int.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
In the NFL you have to throw your reciever open and timing patterns where the ball is thrown before they make their move.

And why some very good college QB’s struggle making the adjustment to NFL where their recievers aren’t wide open.

It’s why in NFL need zip and velocity on the ball with precise accurate throws into coverage downfield or it leaves you with mainly dumping off under coverage. Sound familiar?

It doesn’t mean they don’t have an arm or can’t throw it downfield.
"Throwing a WR open" is an overused phrase. Did Dez in his prime need to be thrown open? Did Witten? TO sure as hell didn't. I would say it's a combination.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
"Throwing a WR open" is an overused phrase. Did Dez in his prime need to be thrown open? Did Witten? TO sure as hell didn't. I would say it's a combination.
I’d like to hear what your concerns are with Daks passing ability if you have any or is this all on our recievers and coaching scheme.

What would you need to see that would cause you more concern?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I’d like to hear what your concerns are with Daks passing ability if you have any or is this all on our recievers and coaching scheme.

What would you need to see that would cause you more concern?
You said you have to throw your WRs open, that's what I was responding to.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Troy Aikman himself said (paraphrased) that throwing a WR open isn’t a scheme and isn’t something a QB should have to do on a regular basis.

Yes it’s good to do occasionally when things break down (which Dak has done btw). But Troy said expecting a QB to throw a receiver open consistently is not a recipe for success. And that’s one of the most accurate QB’s in the history of the NFL who is saying that.

HungryLion

Reaction score
How can a QB play a 16 game scheduale of 9 in the box. And yet not throw deep enough.

And instead of looking at said QBs inadequacies you come to some other "logical" decision. That it's the inadequacies of his WR. If that helps you sleep better at night

But the truth is Dak cant read a defense, cant go through his progressions and doesn't have the arm strength or footwork to accurately reach his wrs. Point blank. (Checkout Akoye Films on youtube) it's all there in his film breakdowns

I think the team realizes what they have in Dak and are gonna completely overhaul the offense so Dak doesnt need to look 20 TDs down the field

Dak reads defenses and goes through his progressions pretty well for a second year QB actually. But by all means continue to repeat those false claims.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You said you have to throw your WRs open, that's what I was responding to.
That’s part of it. I mentioned several other concerns as well.

Do you have any concerns in Daks passing ability or just defending others criticism ?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Troy Aikman himself said (paraphrased) that throwing a WR open isn’t a scheme and isn’t something a QB should have to do on a regular basis.

Yes it’s good to do occasionally when things break down (which Dak has done btw). But Troy said expecting a QB to throw a receiver open consistently is not a recipe for success. And that’s one of the most accurate QB’s in the history of the NFL who is saying that.
Correct. Throwing a reciever open is only part of it. There’s other components.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

As I said yes he should throw more deeper balls that is different than saying he can't or is incapable. Other side of that is the WR needs to beat his man, if the QB looks downfield and his guy is covered I don't want him throwing it just to say I threw deep or if he does put it where the defender can't pick it off. Also it is a reason Dallas went into the offseason looking for speed. That is complete non sense he can't read defense or can't throw the deep ball.

HungryLion

Reaction score
That’s part of it. I mentioned several other concerns as well.

Do you have any concerns in Daks passing ability or just defending others criticism ?

He has poor footwork under pressure, which leads to poor accuracy at times when it is happening and needs to be improved for long term success.

That’s the concern with Dak’s passing ability. Not a “lack of arm strength or talent” that some
People like to keep parroting. And throwing “receivers open” is not something any offense expects a QB to do on a regular basis.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Some guy on TV mentioned "throwing a WR open" and it blew up from there.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He has poor footwork under pressure, which leads to poor accuracy at times when it is happening and needs to be improved for long term success.

That’s the concern with Dak’s passing ability. Not a “lack of arm strength or talent” that some
People like to keep parroting. And throwing “receivers open” is not something any offense expects a QB to do on a regular basis.
Right!

No issue with his arm strength as I included with my analysis.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

It doesn’t mean they don’t have an arm or can’t throw it downfield. And you can’t be afraid to throw Int.
Here’s my post again. Throwing a reciever open is only part of the analysis.

waving monkey

Reaction score
You know wav he has a very good point. But I’ll give it to him as just a bad game for him and the whole team. And boy was it bad.
No question that game made me squirm. They over ran us. It was so bad I took comfort in the thought it was bad game.