Video: The Herd: Matt Mosley on Dak Cowboys 5-yr, $175M deal

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
100% agree with Matt Mosley and everything he said.

Matt makes total sense, unlike Skip Bayless who has totally lost it. The only thing I differ with Matt is that I do believe Coach McCarthy is all in on Dak at this point.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Mosley is pretty much saying the Cowboys will overpay for Dak and everyone should just be cool with it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mosley is pretty much saying the Cowboys will overpay for Dak and everyone should just be cool with it.
No, he really didn't. He never suggested the contract would be overpaying. He said they knew all along that the contract would be in the neighborhood of what Wilson, got, but if the 5th year is important to the Cowboys they will have to "beef up" that 5th year. He also said the $45 million may not look like such a big price when that 5th year rolls around.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
No, he really didn't. He never suggested the contract would be overpaying. He said they knew all along that the contract would be in the neighborhood of what Wilson, got, but if the 5th year is important to the Cowboys they will have to "beef up" that 5th year. He also said the $45 million may not look like such a big price when that 5th year rolls around.

This is pretty common sense for this kind of negotiation if one stops to think about it but people headline read the $45M and go "OH .... MY .... GOD!!! Greed! Greed, I says!" just like the media hoped for. Then people proceed to show us their deficient reasoning skills and knee-jerk tendencies.