The Idea Of Luke's Ghost In Rise Of Skywalker Frightens Me

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it is ends up being a part of the movie that is. So! The original Return Of The Jedi featured Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and post-Sith Anakin Skywalker:

Seemed natural at the time. Old guy. Old ghost. Yippee! But old George (Lucas) could not leave his work untouched and young guy pre-Sith Anakin took his place:

Old George did his prequels and introduced old yet still Force vibrant Yoda. Yeah. Yoda could kick you know what and could jump around a room better than Spider-Man:

Jump ahead to The Last Jedi and Yoda was back to being Old Yoda The Ghost:

If Luke did not commit 'Force suicide' fighting his nephew, I assume he will make an appearance in The Rise Of Skywalker. How he will return is what scares me.

If things follow the course Old George set, it will be old Force ghost Luke. Luke was never Sith... right?

BUT Luke lost his way and hid away on some distant backwater world for a long time. He doubted the Force. Could Luke come back as his more confidence, younger, master of the Force, 'I can train my nephew. Yes I can!' CGI enhanced version of a ghost?

Yep. The paranoia deepens for me the closer it gets to December 20. o_O:)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it is ends up being a part of the movie that is. So! The original Return Of The Jedi featured Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and post-Sith Anakin Skywalker:

Seemed natural at the time. Old guy. Old ghost. Yippee! But old George (Lucas) could not leave his work untouched and young guy pre-Sith Anakin took his place:

Old George did his prequels and introduced old yet still Force vibrant Yoda. Yeah. Yoda could kick you know what and could jump around a room better than Spider-Man:

If Luke did not commit 'Force suicide' fighting his nephew, I assume he will make an appearance in The Rise Of Skywalker. How he will return is what scares me.

If things follow the course Old George set, it will be old Force ghost Luke. Luke was never Sith... right?

BUT Luke lost his way and hid away on some distant backwater world for a long time. He doubted the Force. Could Luke come back as his more confidence, younger, master of the Force, 'I can train my nephew. Yes I can!' CGI enhanced version of a ghost?

I have no doubt that it will be exactly what Luke looked like when we last saw him. And what Mark Hamill looks like today. There's no need to do anything different, to confuse viewers, or to make more unnecessary CGI work for themselves. In fact, I hadn't ever given thought to anything else before reading this thread.

Where I expect the CGI effects to come into play will be when they bring acknowledge all of the former Jedi killed by Sidious to take him down at the end and we see Evan McGregor, Liam Neeson, and Samuel Jackson force ghosts.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
What surprises me is that people still care and are actually paying to see this substandard garbage, thus encouraging Disney to keep producing said garbage instead of fixing it.

Yeah, Hollywood is going to bleed this thing dry. I've never been a gigantic Star Wars fan, but I enjoyed them, but I've already given up trying to keep up on the over-saturation of the franchise.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What surprises me is that people still care and are actually paying to see this substandard garbage, thus encouraging Disney to keep producing said garbage instead of fixing it.
Surprise!

Guilty as sin charged. I became a fan in 1977 before my 13th birthday. Still a fan after my 54th. Even started a Disney+ subscription about a week ago (thank goodness I already had Hulu for the bundle deal :muttley: ).

Damnation will be MINE between my fanships of the Cowboys and Disney! Either that or I will end up taking over the world one night, with my friend Pinky. Wait. That is Warner Bros. Not them too! My bad.

"They are Pinky! Pinky and DE DE DE DE DE DE DE *narf!!*"

:p

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, Hollywood is going to bleed this thing dry. I've never been a gigantic Star Wars fan, but I enjoyed them, but I've already given up trying to keep up on the over-saturation of the franchise.
Yeah. It is a safe bet Star Wars will be warped beyond its limits (pun intended) now that Disney has established its streaming service. Even newer content will be mandated towards broadening the studio's library. Hopefully, canon offshoots like The Mandalorian will be more of the norm than the exception. Of course it is early still before saying Disney will not eventually run it off a cliff too. :laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where I expect the CGI effects to come into play will be when they bring acknowledge all of the former Jedi killed by Sidious to take him down at the end and we see Evan McGregor, Liam Neeson, and Samuel Jackson force ghosts.
Do not leave out Force ghost Yoda! Surely he wants some payback too. :)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do not leave out Force ghost Yoda! Surely he wants some payback too. :)

Oh for sure, but he was implied. There's just wouldn't have to be much changed from him for the last movie.

But given the amount of nostalgia and callbacks Star Wars now uses, I'll be shocked if Macgregor, Jackson, Nelson, and Hayden Christensen don't appear for cameos.

Let's face it, one of the big hooks is seeing something again that you've seen in the past. I love the Mandolorian, but it's clearly overflowing with that stuff. I think they're actually afraid to try anything new. And maybe they should be?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course people still care. And it isn't near as bad as The fast and furious parts 1 - parts ad infinitum.
I don't know. Drag racing a umpteen million dollar sports car out of one skyscraper, crashing it into another skyscraper (seemingly 1/8 of a mile away in slo-mo) and no one got injured inside the car was kinda cool. :rolleyes::D

nobody

Reaction score
Of course people still care. And it isn't near as bad as The fast and furious parts 1 - parts ad infinitum.

I disagree. I think TLJ was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It was written poorly. It was full of plot holes. It was acted terribly. It destroyed it's own continuity and canon. And possibly worst of all, it was boring.

nobody

Reaction score
Surprise!

Guilty as sin charged. I became a fan in 1977 before my 13th birthday. Still a fan after my 54th. Even started a Disney+ subscription about a week ago (thank goodness I already had Hulu for the bundle deal :muttley: ).

Damnation will be MINE between my fanships of the Cowboys and Disney! Either that or I will end up taking over the world one night, with my friend Pinky. Wait. That is Warner Bros. Not them too! My bad.

"They are Pinky! Pinky and DE DE DE DE DE DE DE *narf!!*"

:p

I was a huge fan since 1977. Then the prequels happened, but I still loved Star Wars. Then I saw the Force Awakens and saw that it was a fanfic tribute to Episode IV, then TLJ and Kathleen Kennedy's attack on fans and their attacks on fans who had legitimate criticisms of the movies turned my love of it to apathy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I wanted to share this with you in the hopes that you (and others) might feel a bit better about everything.

nobody

Reaction score
I wanted to share this with you in the hopes that you (and others) might feel a bit better about everything.

Uh, he was in the movie....under contract. Give me some reviews from people with no stake in the game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uh, he was in the movie....under contract. Give me some reviews from people with no stake in the game.

Ok. Feel free to take it however you'd like. I can't try to tell anyone else how they should react to it.