CFZ The importance of the Tush Push

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
LOW MAN wins. Get Mazi out there and tell him to get lower then Kelce and drive his as* back
Mazi needs to get off on the snap too. For whatever reason he seems slow to react to the snap. Give Gallimore a try. He is built like a fire hydrant and probably out weighs Kelsey by 20 pounds.

Bagman

Reaction score
Another unsung hero of that play is Jordan Mailata. They slide him up, under Kelce's hips and he power drives the pile. Mailata is 6'8" and 380-385 lbs. Absolute monster.

Bagman

Reaction score
If I were McCarthy, I would design 2-3 fakes off of the Tush Push. Plays that would be potentially TDs if executed properly. It would counter Phillys play. Where Philly would get 2-3 yds and a 1st down, we could score on ours. We wouldn't need their personnel, we already have enough for options on that play. In fact, I would run it with Trey Lance, giving him a run/pass option on the play. Kid can RUN

conner01

Reaction score
Impossible. Everyone in the league gets to third and short 7-8 times a game.
You can’t stop them everytime but you can limit it by winning on early downs. Stop their run first is the key. But I’ve yet to see any team stop them much on short yardage because it’s almost unstoppable. I don’t think pushing should be legal but the league doesn’t appear to want to address it. It’s used on all runs now by every team. Just keep pushing the pile till the back goes down. Until a star player is hurt in one of these 1000 lb scrums it’s here to stay

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
other teams are seeing the succes and they will start practicing it and learning it. then it becomes everyone's advantage and thus not an advantage any more. the league may at that point decide to change the rules.
When it takes away from exciting plays because everyone is scrumming 2 through 4th down it will get banned. "Its dangerous to players " the league "Meh its fine"... its making the game boring and folks are changing the channel, the NFL "Ban that **** right now!"

nathanlt

Reaction score
Think of how great it's going to be for the next time the Eagles fail on 4th and 1. I hope that it's the Cowboys who stop them, what a wonderful celebration that will be.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think Dallas kinda showed something similar to their own version last night.

Did you see Dak’s QB sneak where the fullback got a running start and shoved him?
They need to do something, their run game is crap,,, short yardage and RedZone fails are killers.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
That play is a distinct advantage for them; It is virtually impossible to stop. The key is Jalen Hurts doesn't immediately go when the ball is snapped, he'll wait a fraction of a second then lean forward into a crease while he is pushed through from behind. It would be great if the Cowboys could execute this play, but I have a feeling that the refs would call false starts and neutral zone infractions lol.