The inevitable Bradlee Anae post

blueblood70

Reaction score
Everyone calm down and relax. Blue Blood is gonna tell us all who we are allowed to make posts about.
the dude less then a jag, not sure how he gets so much concern.. get passed it, its FACT..he did not need a thread..

coming here to ask what coach might be thinking or doing is productive how as the response is from fan not the people who can ask the questions..

he literally ask if we knew he was going to get playing time or is bust in the coaches minds? are we in the coaches minds? umm no..

so who has that answer about a bottom feeder type player no one at all talks a lot in the pressers?

thats my point, get over it..ill respond the way i feel just like you say everyone else does...

I'll reiterate,

the concern for Anae to point he needs a thread, is laughable and useless... we will know when we know.:lmao:o_O:rolleyes::cool:could have posted this under rockports dl thread..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen got a chance to show as a backup NFL caliber at his position ..

Anae hasn't been given his chance as a backup NFL caliber player at his position.
You are trying way too hard because this completely failed to make your point, and in fact worked against your point.

Kellen Moore spent most of his career on the practice squad and didn't play a single NFL snap until Game 14 of his 4th season in the NFL, and then only as a last resort after Romo got hurt and Weeden and Cassel failed.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't completely dismiss the idea coaches can make mistakes, but it seems unlikely they would make a mistake to the extent that a player who can be a significant contributor would only be given 6 snaps.

I think people exaggerate what it means when they believe a coach is not a good one. It may mean he isn't a great strategist or not good at motivating players, or even not the greatest at evaluating their talents, but it's unlikely to mean they are entirely incapable of noticing when a player works hard and makes plays in practice.
They're human so they can make mistakes. But it's not them singularly making these decisions, they do it as a staff with many minds involved.

Bold. If that is necessary at this level with the amount of money at stake, they're already in trouble.

If I am a coach and have to motivate a player, I need to find a new player.

As fans, we have the tendency to focus on the reward of playing a player and coaches have to consider the risk.

I spent most of my career hiring people and I discovered early on my job was not motivating people, it was hiring motivated people and not de-motivating them.

Any NFL player that has to be motivated should be kicked out of the league.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the dude less then a jag, not sure how he gets so much concern.. get passed it, its FACT..he did not need a thread..

coming here to ask what coach might be thinking or doing is productive how as the response is from fan not the people who can ask the questions..

he literally ask if we knew he was going to get playing time or is bust in the coaches minds? are we in the coaches minds? umm no..

so who has that answer about a bottom feeder type player no one at all talks a lot in the pressers?

thats my point, get over it..ill respond the way i feel just like you say everyone else does...

I'll reiterate,

the concern for Anae to point he needs a thread, is laughable and useless... we will know when we know.:lmao:o_O:rolleyes::cool:could have posted this under rockports dl thread..
Well, you are wrong. The least we can do for poor Bradlee is his own thread.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I get your point - to a degree. 40 time isn't an end all, be all. But it isn't irrelevant either. 40 yards is very short, and a good 40 time is often based on how quickly the runner can get off the line and up to full speed, which is important with pass rushers who rely on speed and quickness. A 4.93 40 time like Anae ran can indicate a very slow burst off the line. How many effective edge rushers are there that ran a 4.93?

As for Clowney, he ran a 4.53. Sure it hasn't made him a superstar, but it may well have kept him from being irrelevant too. Clowney with a 4.93 would likely never have done well in college or been drafted.
I agree, there is no single measure that indicates everthing, you have to look at all of it to better analyze...like 10 yard, 20 yard splits. 3 cone drill, etc. jumps, etc. all show various aspect of a prospect. forexample although you mentioned 4.93 speed for an edge rusher, what's his split in the 10 yard....that's key for an edge rusher, also how is the first step. Suggs was slow, believe he had a 4.8 or 4.9 40, but he had a tremendous first step that always put him in position when he rushed.....it just depends on the position...

BigD_95

Reaction score
So we now know that our Defensive coaches had a hard time evaluating player personnel....will Anae get a chance to compete in this scheme, or is he labeled a bust before he has any real playing time?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but in limited snaps last year, he was creating pressure.

not sure bust is the correct term for late round picks

quickccc

Reaction score
You are trying way too hard because this completely failed to make your point, and in fact worked against your point.

Kellen Moore spent most of his career on the practice squad and didn't play a single NFL snap until Game 14 of his 4th season in the NFL, and then only as a last resort after Romo got hurt and Weeden and Cassel failed.

but at least Kellen still got his chance to play on the football field- when the time arised - and heck Moore was still was given a backup of a chance to be Romo's primary backup
- until his leg got broke in training camp, thus spun the beginning career of Dak Prescott .

there were reports that management was miffed with how the DL coach were managing player personnel, and as i said before, it wasn't just an Anae thang.
And it's reason why that particular part of the coaching staff got fired, while we still have some leftover asst coaches that Quinn wanted to maintain.

jnday

Reaction score
That's such an odd way they define speed though, as 40 yards times only affect 3-4 positions on the football field

If you can beat your O-lineman consistantly, you could run a 6.00 40 and still commit immense pressure on the QB
The defense needs speed, Jimmy Johnson showed the world how much difference that it makes.

quickccc

Reaction score
PFR indicates it was 13 snaps, and that was one game, not an entire season, and it was twice as much as Anae got over the entire season. Clearly it was not a year long pattern, and not remotely apples to apples with Anae. Plus, it's not like Gregory had been playing like DeMarcus Ware.

For that matter, how do you know Gregory wasn't having some kind of problem - maybe some fatigue after a few games after missing an entire season, or with a muscle or illness or something?
Or maybe the team felt for one game that a bigger player might be better to help contain Lamar Jackson.

Bottom line is, one game does not a pattern or history make.

sure they (Nolan, Tomsula) can feel that way ... but just as management sure can feel another way too., .....and that was quickly getting rid of those who they had to questioned why their most athletic
front line player was being so limited., and it's not Gregory was a rookie either.

Do you really think that fired coaches action was based off one lone game?
But no question that one lone game ended up being yet another intolerable moment that only added to the abysmal season that was clearly aimed at certain, particular coaches first .

Do you really think Dorace Armstrong is gonna make life much difficult on a Lamar Jackson than would a Gregory ?

cwbyfan72

Reaction score

I'll reiterate,

the concern for Anae to point he needs a thread, is laughable and useless... we will know when we know.:lmao:o_O:rolleyes::cool:could have posted this under rockports dl thread..[/

I'll reiterate,

dis·cus·sion
/dəˈskəSH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce

noun
  1. the action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.
    "the proposals are not a blueprint but ideas for discussion"
    • a conversation or debate about a certain topic.
      plural noun: discussions
      "discussions about environmental improvement programs

blueblood70

Reaction score
dis·cus·sion
/dəˈskəSH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce

noun
  1. the action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.
    "the proposals are not a blueprint but ideas for discussion"
    • a conversation or debate about a certain topic.
      plural noun: discussions
      "discussions about environmental improvement programs
still not worth it. and no it was written in the form of question toward coaches not fans..

Please learn to structure a sentence as such,

What do fans here FEEL or THINK about Brandon Anaes chance to play more this season or be cut?

Not what do you think coach is, was, or might think of a player..that we do NOT KNOW. Got it yet?:rolleyes:o_O:cool:

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
So we now know that our Defensive coaches had a hard time evaluating player personnel....will Anae get a chance to compete in this scheme, or is he labeled a bust before he has any real playing time?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but in limited snaps last year, he was creating pressure.
he played 6 defensive snaps last season and had one pressure

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
still not worth it. and no it was written in the form of question toward coaches not fans..

Please learn to structure a sentence as such,

What do fans here FEEL or THINK about Brandon Anaes chance to play more this season or be cut?

Not what do you think coach is, was, or might think of a player..that we do NOT KNOW. Got it yet?:rolleyes:o_O:cool:
All I got is some dude on the internet looking for attention. Not a good look bruh.

blueblood70

Reaction score
All I got is some dude on the internet looking for attention. Not a good look bruh.
what type of horsepower you got in ya car?

get it yet ??pretty much as much info as fan would have on Anae a bottom feeder clinging to job this season but hey lets add that to a pet cat syndrome..

not looking for attention looking to clean up the front page..

blueblood70

Reaction score
do the Mavs have chance against the clips? should be good series but worried bit they tanked little to meet us then will turn it on..

thats right...

far more interesting than asking about Anae LOL

GO MAVS!!

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
do the Mavs have chance against the clips? should be good series but worried bit they tanked little to meet us then will turn it on..

thats right...

far more interesting than asking about Anae LOL

GO MAVS!!
Yeah.. you’re not looking for attention at all...