The inevitable Bradlee Anae post

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cwbyfan72, May 16, 2021.

1. G2

G2 Taco Engineer

19,315 Messages
    20,749 Likes Received
    I remember hearing/reading that he did very well in training camp and practices. Much like Wilson.

cwbyfan72 likes this.
  2. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

26,564 Messages
    19,261 Likes Received
    making point but hey thanks for attention. Ignore me , thats easy, so be hypocrite and keep this going :)

GO MAVS!!

3. Ranched

Ranched "We Are Penn State"

32,495 Messages
    79,210 Likes Received
    The 2021 season comes w/the possibility of real training camp, mini camp, & OTA experiences. Many see Anae’s struggles as things that can be corrected through practice. He needs coaching & w/Quinn taking over as DC & Durde on the DL, Anae will have a new set of eyes to evaluate him.

cwbyfan72 likes this.
  4. cwbyfan72

cwbyfan72 Well-Known Member

1,398 Messages
    1,257 Likes Received
    Look homie. You have a right to make a point. But you sure as H** ain’t got the right to tell me or anyone else who they can start a thread about when it pertains to the Cowboys. Go troll on a Mavs page.

5. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

26,564 Messages
    19,261 Likes Received
    GO MAVS!

6. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

43,568 Messages
    29,009 Likes Received
    So I don’t like dak, lamb, Gallup, diggs, parsons, ect…..?

Poor guy, did I make you cry?

7. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

29,962 Messages
    36,012 Likes Received
    he better get on his horse...he's gotta hard job to make the 53 in my opinion.
    i liked the pick then but theres alot of numbers in the DE group...and the theme seems to be guys with 34in arms...Armstrong has 34in arms.
    he's gotta earn his spot,too...but if i had to guess today i think Armstrong beats him out.
    im rooting for him tho...good player at utah.

8. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

11,612 Messages
    7,318 Likes Received
    :thumbdown:

9. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    23,863 Messages
    20,325 Likes Received
    How does practice squad 3 years and 3rd to 4th string backup one year mean Kellen Moore "got his chance" on the field, yet 1 year on the active roster means Anae did not?

As for Moore getting the chance to be Romo's primary backup in 2016, that was his 5th season since college, not his first like Anae, and the Cowboys actually drafted Dak for that role, and Kellen was just meant to slot in until Dak was ready.

We could look at other statistical studs from college too. Look at Ejuan Price, who has the same number of career sacks in college as Anae. He spent one year on the Rams practice squad then was cut. That was his entire NFL career. Not everyone works out.

Again, I'm not saying Anae won't work out, but we do not have the insight or information to make that call, and college stats alone does not tell the story. If it did drafting in the NFL would be easy.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  10. LittleD

LittleD Well-Known Member

7,138 Messages
    5,516 Likes Received
    Doesn't matter. Both Armstrong and Anae are from previous regimes and Quinn didn't pick them. He likes long, strong and fast. These guys are holdovers from a failed past and Quinn is building
    all new his way.

11. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

10,187 Messages
    8,451 Likes Received
    Diggs nor Wilson are not Quinn's drafted players either,... and neither are not 40 time fast guys either,... but does that mean since they are from a recent failed past - (as obviously as Mike Nolan) then we should scrap with them and rebuild ?

12. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

11,612 Messages
    7,318 Likes Received
    You make me cry? :lmao:

Not on your best day or my worst. Try harder.

13. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    23,863 Messages
    20,325 Likes Received
    Being a holdover from when there was another DC doesn't condemn or promote anyone. Quinn will do his own evaluations and recommend to McCarthy and the Jones clan who he wants to keep.

BourbonBalz likes this.
  14. LittleD

7,138 Messages
    5,516 Likes Received
    Maybe, he brought in the back end guys he likes which is above 6'3" and good fluidity. Diggs and Wilson may stay if they prove their worth. Same for Jaylon and LVE.

15. LittleD

7,138 Messages
    5,516 Likes Received
    You've already seen one DT from last year dispensed with and LVE/Jaylon are vulnerable. Those guys don't have many champions left in he building and Quinn will get his chance to build his own
    defense with guys he likes and trusts. Most of the guys from last year's defense SUCK!

16. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

10,187 Messages
    8,451 Likes Received
    Easy one player got a chance through injury, .and the other was a coach’s decision not to activate him. One got his chance to display his skills (per backup QB) ..the other was a DL coach that this organization insisted on getting rid of.

Whether injury situation or coaches decision it’s best to make the best of it because you never know what kind of chances or direction your career may take you.
    The dynamics and opportunities don’t always show up for every player.

As an edge rusher, Dorace Armstrong has more than had his chances on the playing field, but what more do we need to see to show us what his limitations will continue to be like.
    Feel free to look at collegiate stats alone, while I’m gauging from what every time Anae has given substantial time to be on the playing field we're observing some rush ability. college-all star practices/game-cowboys training camp.

And keeping the course on Anae and not Kellen M, all I’m saying given the right, proper coaches, I’d like to see what Anae can be at the NFL level given the opportunity to see what he can do,
    vs what we’ve already seen what a Dorace Armstrong has tried to bring under two different coaches.

BourbonBalz likes this.
  17. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    23,863 Messages
    20,325 Likes Received
    I said he will make his own evaluations didn't I? That obviously means that some people from last year will go, but that doesn't mean they will get cut simply because they weren't hand picked by him. Many that were on the team last year will also stay. It's a case by case basis.

BourbonBalz likes this.
  18. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

8,767 Messages
    7,039 Likes Received
    Don’t get the obsession. He’s undersized and a marginal athlete…he was going to have an uphill battle to stay in the NFL from day 1

LittleD likes this.
  19. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

43,568 Messages
    29,009 Likes Received
    I just debunked your dumb comment. Easy enough.

20. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    23,863 Messages
    20,325 Likes Received
    lol - that makes zero sense. How was Moore sitting on the practice squad his first 3 years more of a chance than Anae being on the active roster as a rookie?

No coach gave Moore a chance to win a significant role, and it's a fabrication to claim 3 years of practice squad and one year of 3rd/4th string somehow equates to Moore being given a full opportunity to be a meaningful player. That's nowhere near the neighborhood of logical.

His one chance to play after most of 4 seasons was really a matter of "we suck and don't have anyone else to play anyway, so what the hell …".

Last edited: May 17, 2021