how did I know about taco? Dak?

too small. Not strong enough.
I don’t remember taco at SR bowl but Dak played pretty well
Gallimore and Anae both had really good weeks

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t remember taco at SR bowl but Dak played pretty well
Gallimore and Anae both had really good weeks

Cowboys must LOVE the senior bowl because they drafted another two guys that apparently looked good at the senior bowl. Sounds like you love the senior bowl also.

cffl2323

Reaction score
How does practice squad 3 years and 3rd to 4th string backup one year mean Kellen Moore "got his chance" on the field, yet 1 year on the active roster means Anae did not?

As for Moore getting the chance to be Romo's primary backup in 2016, that was his 5th season since college, not his first like Anae, and the Cowboys actually drafted Dak for that role, and Kellen was just meant to slot in until Dak was ready.

We could look at other statistical studs from college too. Look at Ejuan Price, who has the same number of career sacks in college as Anae. He spent one year on the Rams practice squad then was cut. That was his entire NFL career. Not everyone works out.

Again, I'm not saying Anae won't work out, but we do not have the insight or information to make that call, and college stats alone does not tell the story. If it did drafting in the NFL would be easy.

I agree that college sack totals are no indication of NFL success, but that senior bowl and the practices are what have me optimistic about Anae. Are there any other examples of guys dominating high end competition at the senior bowl but being busts in the NFL(pash rushers)? I ask that seriously, not sarcastically. I'm sure it's happened, but I wouldn't think it's a common thing.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that college sack totals are no indication of NFL success, but that senior bowl and the practices are what have me optimistic about Anae. Are there any other examples of guys dominating high end competition at the senior bowl but being busts in the NFL? I ask that seriously, not sarcastically. I'm sure it's happened, but I wouldn't think it's a common thing.
There is nothing wrong with being optimistic, and even enthusiastic about a player. I get that way all the time. But we realistically have to recognize that even high first round draft picks don't always work out, much less a 5th rounder. Keep in mind that every NFL team saw that same Senior Bowl game, and nobody drafted Anae before the Cowboys in the 5th round, so every team saw limitations that caused him to drop.

As I've said, I'm not condemning Anae - I can't say with certainty he won't become a decent player. All I've said is citing college stats doesn't prove Anae was worthy of more playing time or that he showed coaches enough to get more playing time, and they just ignored or missed it. The reality is we don't know, and only time will tell what Anae can or cannot do.

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
Cowboys must LOVE the senior bowl because they drafted another two guys that apparently looked good at the senior bowl. Sounds like you love the senior bowl also.
I think it does show a player can learn fast because they only have a week to learn the scheme
They are playing against really good competition that some rarely faced in college
You get a week of watching the effort they give and how successful they are against solid competition and the staffs there get to spend time with the players
I think you learn lots from that week

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think it does show a player can learn fast because they only have a week to learn the scheme
They are playing against really good competition that some rarely faced in college
You get a week of watching the effort they give and how successful they are against solid competition and the staffs there get to spend time with the players
I think you learn lots from that week

One week with seniors doesnt override a college career in my opinion. Maybe it can help confirm an opinion one way or the other.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bradlee Anae should be excited and ready to show this new staff he is more than capable of doing the job. He will need to go out and compete but at least has fresh eyes on him.

LittleD

Reaction score
If Quinn is to be believed, he is going to use 3x4 defense on run downs and 4x2x5 on passing downs with cover 3 man or zone. The best Anae could do is a backup to Jaylon as a LB on
run downs only. He is slower and has short arms so I can't see him as anything but a rush LB/run stopper. He has loads of competition so he better bring it early and often.

conner01

Reaction score
One week with seniors doesnt override a college career in my opinion. Maybe it can help confirm an opinion one way or the other.
It doesn’t over ride a season of film
But it shows football smarts well
One week to learn a system and practice against better players than many of these guys face on a weekly basis

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It doesn’t over ride a season of film
But it shows football smarts well
One week to learn a system and practice against better players than many of these guys face on a weekly basis

I doubt they are installing a complicated system.

conner01

Reaction score
I doubt they are installing a complicated system.
It probably isn’t
But it’s not what most played and many workout at multiple positions
Still a short to learn
Every team doesn’t send scouts to every schools games
Every team send multiple scouts, GM and others to the SR so the teams value that week

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It probably isn’t
But it’s not what most played and many workout at multiple positions
Still a short to learn
Every team doesn’t send scouts to every schools games
Every team send multiple scouts, GM and others to the SR so the teams value that week

My theory is that the FO didnt get to see most of the players this year. Goto games, workouts, interview them in person, ect....ect.....

The Senior bowl I believe is one of the few events some from the FO to see players in person. Osa and Goldston had a good week so this made them fly up the Cowboys board and target them.

conner01

Reaction score
My theory is that the FO didnt get to see most of the players this year. Goto games, workouts, interview them in person, ect....ect.....

The Senior bowl I believe is one of the few events some from the FO to see players in person. Osa and Goldston had a good week so this made them fly up the Cowboys board and target them.
A great week can really boost a players stock
This whole off season was so strange
There will be a few late round picks really develop into players but went low because they didn’t have much if any season
Lots of big bets made on very few games