The Jaylon interception sequence is the perfect microcosm

Cmac

Reaction score
A LB being outrun by a 4.3 WR has to do with a physical trait, not "winning football".
I'm referring to the block opportunity for the "Jaylon should have scored bashers.", and response to our Pro Bowl LB

Proof

Reaction score
Some here are blaming Smith for being caught from behind, but McLauren ran a 4.36 at the combine, so it's not as if Smith was caught by a guy with ordinary speed.

not blaming at all. Saying it’s fitting. And moredo that not only could we not punch it in but went backwards.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Pathetic was the run play on first down. Was anyone blocking for the running back?

Had a poster saying it was on Zeke. As soon as he touched it on 1st down 3 guys hit him like it was no OL even there. I knew then we would not score. So now that none block on the INT loomed even larger then.

Johnny23

Reaction score
The attempted Philly special imho was mind bogglingly dumb. Just threw everything off.

Creeper

Reaction score
Smith looked like a 310 lb defensive lineman running that INT back. He was lumbering. Not what I want to see at LB. We need more speed and quickness there.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Smith looked like a 310 lb defensive lineman running that INT back. He was lumbering. Not what I want to see at LB. We need more speed and quickness there.
Jaylon was moving. He looked slower than he really is because a 4.3 with a running start tracked him down. If not for a piss poor attempt by LVE to block McLaurin, he scores.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Just kinda funny. Jaylon finally makes a splash play, gets all the way to the end zone but gets caught from behind, and then we stooge up a gimme TD. Only thing that would have been more fitting is if the skins ran a pick back the other way
he, he,, right?

Reaction score
I don't think there is a 240 pound LB in the league that 17 would not catch. As others have said, he is very fast. He can run circles around virtually any LB.
As for LVE, when he was ahead of 17, he wasn't close enough to actually block him and 17 blew by. By the time LVE could reach him he could only hot him from behind, so he let him go to avoid a penalty.

The instant Smith was tackled, I knew the Cowboys would only get 3 points out of it. Because that's what they are. In that situation, winning teams get 7, losers get 3

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't think there is a 240 pound LB in the league that 17 would not catch. As others have said, he is very fast. He can run circles around virtually any LB.
As for LVE, when he was ahead of 17, he wasn't close enough to actually block him and 17 blew by. By the time LVE could reach him he could only hot him from behind, so he let him go to avoid a penalty.

The instant Smith was tackled, I knew the Cowboys would only get 3 points out of it. Because that's what they are. In that situation, winning teams get 7, losers get 3
Wrong. LVE also has a very long wingspan

Reaction score

Watch LVE. He doesn't get close enough until 17 is past him. I don't care what his wingspan is. He wasn't close enough and 17 is too fast

LVE isn't fast enough just like Jaylon wasn't fast enough to finish the play.

In this case, it was the offense that is so incompetent they wouldn't score from 4 yards away. It's beyond pathetic.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
S---! JS is moving there, looks faster than Zeke, he just happens to have gotten run down by Darryl Green there.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score

Watch LVE. He doesn't get close enough until 17 is past him. I don't care what his wingspan is. He wasn't close enough and 17 is too fast

LVE isn't fast enough just like Jaylon wasn't fast enough to finish the play.

In this case, it was the offense that is so incompetent they wouldn't score from 4 yards away. It's beyond pathetic.

We must be watching 2 different plays. LVE puts 2 hands on McLaurin and doesn't even slow him down. Has his hands on his shoulder/upper arm and barely moved him. Absolutely terrible effort.