Twitter: The Jones' at the Arkansas game

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I remember the days when you didn't hear from Stephen Jones. Those were the good old days.

peaveyman

Reaction score
It's time to roll the dice Jerry. Pick one.

seth-littrell-arizona-1514989671.jpeg

usa_today_9240200.0.jpg

You can't have Riley, forget about it.

Alweezy

Reaction score
Congrats on your school's monumental accomplishment but lets not pretend Arkansas is not a complete mess and likely to finish at the bottom of the SEC West.

I knew somebody would play the "it's a bad SEC" team card.

SEC is SEC... this wasn't some trick play fluke win that Arkansas lost and UNT as a result picked up a win. UNT went out and earned that victory.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I knew somebody would play the "it's a bad SEC" team card.

SEC is SEC... this wasn't some trick play fluke win that Arkansas lost and UNT as a result picked up a win. UNT went out and earned that victory.

Well, it is a bad SEC team. You think UNT is ready for LSU or Alabama b/c they beat Arkansas? It is an upset. I get it. It was a classic trap game. These games are like the super bowl for schools like UNT.

Troy is another school that beats a Big 5 conference school about every year.

Alweezy

Reaction score
Well, it is a bad SEC team. You think UNT is ready for LSU or Alabama b/c they beat Arkansas? It is an upset. I get it. It was a classic trap game. These games are like the super bowl for schools like UNT.

Troy is another school that beats a Big 5 conference school about every year.

Where the coach comes from shouldn't matter. Heck, give me the guy from Trinity Valley Community College for what it matters if he could turn this team into a well coached organization. it really should be a fully comprehensive search in order for the Cowboys to find the right hire.

Garrett's right to not be compared to a coach at North Texas let alone the TCU's and OU's of the world has run out imo. If we're looking at what emblem the guy has on his T-shirt to determine where to start our recruiting for coaching adjustments we have already limited our options.

EDIT - I do understand your point Arkansas is down.. but that is not an excuse for losing by 30 at home. That win, is a resume builder for the UNT coach.

Now Is he a Cowboys fit? Yes no.. don't care.. but when you outclass a SEC team whether down or not.. you should get a pat on the back and not an immediate excuse why the win wasn't quality.

Last edited: