The Josh Gordon thread **merged**

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I may very well be the only person on this board that understood that reference. That was a deep cut there.
You underestimate some here bud, but you can freely go on thinking that. Like I'm going to change anything on your table...

cowfan

Reaction score
The Cowboys should take a chance if he's drug free, but that probably not the case.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I would assume something is up with him failing another test which would make signing him impossible.

I wouldn't doubt it, and I would not sign him for that reason. At the very least, I'd wait for another week or two before making that move. That gives us time to see what the reason was for cutting him. Did he fail another drug test? Was he insolent toward the coach?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We arent interested

We like what we have at wr:facepalm:

Actually, he sounds like the sort of chap that we would sign. The sticky wicket is more to do with why he was cut. If it was a failed drug test, then absolutely not! I think he'd be permanently banned for it if he's already flunked another drug test.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Hamstring, eh?

XUdOII5.gif

Hmmmmm.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I would assume something is up with him failing another test which would make signing him impossible.

More likely that the league allowed him to rehab this summer after a failed test. The league has taken a softer stance on rehab recently. I'd assume this would mean another positive test after the first relapse

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm not big on making any huge investments to save these coaches jobs, but I think I would put in a claim on Gordon. Minimal investment and risk in my opinion. Much to gain and little to lose.

If nothing else, I think Gordon is a threat on the outside that will make opposing defense have to worry about. Someone that will in May cases command a double team. This team doesn't have that today.