The last game does not matter

kskboys

Reaction score
And here's another example. 2017. Eagles pulled EVERYONE in the final game vs us. We beat them 6-0. Remember what happened then? If not, I'll tell you. Eagles won the super bowl.

Winning or losing a meaningless final game of the season means absolutely nothing. I think most want to win for personal numnums, so they make up some silly stuff to attempt to give their little feelings credence. Very silly.

CWR

Reaction score
How many superbowl teams lost the last 2 games of the season?

We need all the reps we can get. The result doesn't matter, but the offense needs to get better.

It's not as if we showed vs AZ we are primed and ready to make a run.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And here's another example. 2017. Eagles pulled EVERYONE in the final game vs us. We beat them 6-0. Remember what happened then? If not, I'll tell you. Eagles won the super bowl.

Winning or losing a meaningless final game of the season means absolutely nothing. I think most want to win for personal numnums, so they make up some silly stuff to attempt to give their little feelings credence. Very silly.

Losing the last game of the regular season may not have mattered for Philly but it has mattered for the Cowboys in recent years. The three playoff games they won since 09 they won their season finale game. In 09 they ended the regular season beating Philly then beat them the next week in the playoffs. In 2014 we ended the season beating Washington then beat Detroit in the playoffs. In 2018 we ended the regular season beating the Giants then we beat Seattle in the playoffs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nick Foles caught fire in the playoffs in 2017. Go check out his playoff and Super Bowl numbers.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The last Cowboys team that lost their season finale regular season game and won a playoff game was the 96 Cowboys.

Reactions: CWR

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The last Cowboys team that won their season finale game and lost in the playoffs in the first round was the 98 Cowboys. That team won their last two regular season games. That was an up-and-down team that had lost three straight games prior to winning their last two regular season games. Jake Plummer beat us in the playoffs at home. lol I’m sure that’s when most Cowboys fans realized the team was headed in a dark direction.

RaZon

Reaction score
Run run run run run and run, get this game over as quickly as possible, no time outs no challenges nothing that stops the clock, wrap this waste of time up and get ready for the payoffs.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Agree. Meaningless game, especially since so many players on both squads are on Covid protocol. Game should be cancelled.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So many of our fans (I’ve done it too) like to compare our Cowboys SB seasons of the past and try to draw conclusions on how it correlates to this season. It’s been so long since the Cowboys had a deep playoff run, we can’t compare those teams of the 90s to todays NFL. It’s a completely different game and league.

kskboys

Reaction score
Run run run run run and run, get this game over as quickly as possible, no time outs no challenges nothing that stops the clock, wrap this waste of time up and get ready for the payoffs.
Yup. Sign another RB and give him the carries to get both of our dinged up guys healthy.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nick Foles caught fire in the playoffs in 2017. Go check out his playoff and Super Bowl numbers.
I know, but I'm not understanding the relevance. The Eagles pulled everyone and lost their last game. It did not affect momentum or heart or any of that blather. It simply didn't matter.

kskboys

Reaction score
Losing the last game of the regular season may not have mattered for Philly but it has mattered for the Cowboys in recent years. The three playoff games they won since 09 they won their season finale game. In 09 they ended the regular season beating Philly then beat them the next week in the playoffs. In 2014 we ended the season beating Washington then beat Detroit in the playoffs. In 2018 we ended the regular season beating the Giants then we beat Seattle in the playoffs.
Sorry, still not getting your point. We are discussing pulling starters for the last meaningless game, you know that right?

shabazz

Reaction score
True.....but they had Foles who apparently sold his soul to the devil

kskboys

Reaction score
How many superbowl teams lost the last 2 games of the season?

We need all the reps we can get. The result doesn't matter, but the offense needs to get better.

It's not as if we showed vs AZ we are primed and ready to make a run.
You think one meaningless game will make us better prepared? After 16 games?