Twitter: The last time Dallas played Miami, Tony Romo did this

InTheZone

Reaction score
You can really tell who the romo haters were in here Lol. People are simply disgusted by hearing his name and immediately pull off some mental gymnastics for twisting everything to fit their hate.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Better than Aikman? Ha! Romo would have failed miserably playing on the road against San Fran in the NFC title game.
We'll never know. I do know that aikman struggled bad when he didn't have all stars at every position and this was about the time I started to become a diehard nfl fan as a kid.

catiii

Reaction score
You can really tell who the romo haters were in here Lol. People are simply disgusted by hearing his name and immediately pull off some mental gymnastics for twisting everything to fit their hate.
Word! :bow:
The hate is strong with some of these peeps. It really is hilarious, especially when they accuse others of doing the same thing to other players they view more favorably,

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is one of those times when I just tell myself I do not know. Truthfully, all I have is what I have seen to form an opinion.

So. The latest Tony Romo disenfranchisement has centered on Pro Bowls. And how Romo's 2007 team of pro bowlers compared to players who played with Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach.

Okay. Here's Dallas' 2007 pro bowl teammates:

DeMarcus Ware (LB)
Jason Witten (TE)
Terrell Owens (WR)
Andre Gurode (C)
Flozell Adams (LT)
Leonard Davis (RG)
Marion Barber ()
Greg Ellis (LB)
Nick Folk (K)
Ken Hamlin (FS)
Terence Newman (CB/LCB/RCB)
Tony Romo (QB)
Roy Williams (SS)

Impressive. Exited the playoffs in the divisional round.

Aikman played several seasons with the number of Pro Bowl teammates in the double digits, in consecutive seasons, starting with the 1993 team:

Emmitt Smith (RB)
Erik Williams (RT)
Troy Aikman (QB)
Mark Stepnoski (C)
Nate Newton (LG)
Michael Irvin (WR)
Ken Norton (MLB)
Thomas Everett (FS)
Daryl Johnston (FB)
Russell Maryland (RDT)
Jay Novacek (TE)

Team won its second consecutive Super Bowl

Like Aikman, Staubach was thrown into the mix. It should be noted Staubach played in the 1970's, a decade graced by (in my opinion) legendary dominating franchises. Digressing. Staubach's 1978 Pro Bowl teammates:

Randy White (RDT)
Cliff Harris (FS)
Charlie Waters (SS)
Billy Joe DuPree (TE)
Roger Staubach (QB)
Tony Dorsett (RB)
Tony Hill (WR)
Thomas Henderson (LLB)
Harvey Martin (RDE)

Team lost to the <expletive> Steelers in the Super Bowl.

People compare stuff all the time. Thought pops into the head. Bang. "This is better than that."

hmm.

Just me. Hypothetical. If I were on a Field of Dreams (wrong sport) power trip and could only give Staubach, Aikman, or Romo two of the three Pro Bowl squads above, it would be the 1993 and 1978 lineups. And in that order, although I would not have zero problem switching the two.

No offense meant to Ware, Witten and even (puke) Owens. One is in the Hall of Fame after making a joke of his own induction. Two will be enshrined in due course. But the rest of Romo's teammates? Chosen by the modern 1/3 coaches 1/3 players and 1/3 fans balloting process?

Wait. Let me look again at those Super XXVIII teammates. uh huh.

And those Super Bowl XIII teammates. uh huh.

Finally. The teammates who fell to the eventual XLII champions. uh huh.

Yeah. Do not get the 2007 pro bowler teammates hype comparison.

lol smdh

Hdsportsfan

Reaction score
Good post above ^^^^. Sorry I can't find the damn like button.

Oh how easy we forget that 07 playoff game. Yea, Romo could be a bit reckless. But lets not forget of the Staubachs and Aikmans he was asked to do a whole more with less. Also, it most certainly matters in which era a player played in. Straight up comparisons are often misleading. That 49ers game that was referred to? I believe J Johnson would have reeled in and kept Romo in line. J Jones loved him because Romo could make the splash plays.

That 07 game. I remember towards the end of the first half Ware was called for an offside that would otherwise ended that drive. Which the replays clearly showed he was not offside. He stood straight up but never crossed the LOS and just had an outstanding jump on the count. Giants get another play and eventually score a TD. But I also remember our ST's giving up a punt return for a lot of yards somewhere in that game.

But lets not forget our good friend Patrick Crayton. When Romo was scrambling in the second half he flipped the ball to Crayton with wide open space I believe somewhere around our 40 yard line and he drops it. Then at the end of the game he inexplicitly slows down on his fly pattern down the right sideline and can't catch up to a prefect pass by Romo in the EZ that lands 3 feet in front of him.

But all anyone wants to remember is the last ditch effort with seconds on the clock game ending pick in the EZ.

As far as that Denver game goes someone mentioned earlier, That was a shoot out from both teams. And this may be convenient excuse but a lineman stepped on his foot on that last drive at the end of the game when he threw a pick.

Who remember his escape act against Houston's Watt and threw a TD.

But I am a realists. Which game was it, I believe against the Lions. We were up by a couple of TD's but he threw like two or three picks in the second half??? WHy were we even throwing that much at that point in the game anyway.

By far he did more good than bad as the QB.

Big_D

Reaction score
This is one of those times when I just tell myself I do not know. Truthfully, all I have is what I have seen to form an opinion.

So. The latest Tony Romo disenfranchisement has centered on Pro Bowls. And how Romo's 2007 team of pro bowlers compared to players who played with Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach.

Okay. Here's Dallas' 2007 pro bowl teammates:

DeMarcus Ware (LB)
Jason Witten (TE)
Terrell Owens (WR)
Andre Gurode (C)
Flozell Adams (LT)
Leonard Davis (RG)
Marion Barber ()
Greg Ellis (LB)
Nick Folk (K)
Ken Hamlin (FS)
Terence Newman (CB/LCB/RCB)
Tony Romo (QB)
Roy Williams (SS)

Impressive. Exited the playoffs in the divisional round.

Aikman played several seasons with the number of Pro Bowl teammates in the double digits, in consecutive seasons, starting with the 1993 team:

Emmitt Smith (RB)
Erik Williams (RT)
Troy Aikman (QB)
Mark Stepnoski (C)
Nate Newton (LG)
Michael Irvin (WR)
Ken Norton (MLB)
Thomas Everett (FS)
Daryl Johnston (FB)
Russell Maryland (RDT)
Jay Novacek (TE)

Team won its second consecutive Super Bowl

Like Aikman, Staubach was thrown into the mix. It should be noted Staubach played in the 1970's, a decade graced by (in my opinion) legendary dominating franchises. Digressing. Staubach's 1978 Pro Bowl teammates:

Randy White (RDT)
Cliff Harris (FS)
Charlie Waters (SS)
Billy Joe DuPree (TE)
Roger Staubach (QB)
Tony Dorsett (RB)
Tony Hill (WR)
Thomas Henderson (LLB)
Harvey Martin (RDE)

Team lost to the <expletive> Steelers in the Super Bowl.

People compare stuff all the time. Thought pops into the head. Bang. "This is better than that."

hmm.

Just me. Hypothetical. If I were on a Field of Dreams (wrong sport) power trip and could only give Staubach, Aikman, or Romo two of the three Pro Bowl squads above, it would be the 1993 and 1978 lineups. And in that order, although I would not have zero problem switching the two.

No offense meant to Ware, Witten and even (puke) Owens. One is in the Hall of Fame after making a joke of his own induction. Two will be enshrined in due course. But the rest of Romo's teammates? Chosen by the modern 1/3 coaches 1/3 players and 1/3 fans balloting process?

Wait. Let me look again at those Super XXVIII teammates. uh huh.

And those Super Bowl XIII teammates. uh huh.

Finally. The teammates who fell to the eventual XLII champions. uh huh.

Yeah. Do not get the 2007 pro bowler teammates hype comparison.

lol smdh

If Emmitt Smith went to the pro bowl and Marion Barber went to the pro bowl then they must be equal in talent. That seems to be the argument in a 'nut'shell. Or somehow the Phillips/Garrett combo was just as good as Landry and Johnson because of those pro bowlers? And the fact that Nick Folk is even on the list is comical. Not saying he wasn't a good kicker, but he's part of the "13".

dfense

Reaction score
You give a guy credit for putting his team in a bad hole against a really bad team in the bills, giving them a chance to win a game they had no business even being in lol. My goodness how much lube do you use when you watch his highlights?
You sure it wasn't the coach's fault? I mean, that's how you roll now right?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Good post above ^^^^. Sorry I can't find the damn like button.

Oh how easy we forget that 07 playoff game. Yea, Romo could be a bit reckless. But lets not forget of the Staubachs and Aikmans he was asked to do a whole more with less. Also, it most certainly matters in which era a player played in. Straight up comparisons are often misleading. That 49ers game that was referred to? I believe J Johnson would have reeled in and kept Romo in line. J Jones loved him because Romo could make the splash plays.

That 07 game. I remember towards the end of the first half Ware was called for an offside that would otherwise ended that drive. Which the replays clearly showed he was not offside. He stood straight up but never crossed the LOS and just had an outstanding jump on the count. Giants get another play and eventually score a TD. But I also remember our ST's giving up a punt return for a lot of yards somewhere in that game.

But lets not forget our good friend Patrick Crayton. When Romo was scrambling in the second half he flipped the ball to Crayton with wide open space I believe somewhere around our 40 yard line and he drops it. Then at the end of the game he inexplicitly slows down on his fly pattern down the right sideline and can't catch up to a prefect pass by Romo in the EZ that lands 3 feet in front of him.

But all anyone wants to remember is the last ditch effort with seconds on the clock game ending pick in the EZ.

As far as that Denver game goes someone mentioned earlier, That was a shoot out from both teams. And this may be convenient excuse but a lineman stepped on his foot on that last drive at the end of the game when he threw a pick.

Who remember his escape act against Houston's Watt and threw a TD.

But I am a realists. Which game was it, I believe against the Lions. We were up by a couple of TD's but he threw like two or three picks in the second half??? WHy were we even throwing that much at that point in the game anyway.

By far he did more good than bad as the QB.
Like button is at the bottom of the post next to reply for quoting.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
You give a guy credit for putting his team in a bad hole against a really bad team in the bills, giving them a chance to win a game they had no business even being in lol. My goodness how much lube do you use when you watch his highlights?
The fact that that game is one of his most famous says a lot about his career. The guy just constantly broke your heart. That's his legacy.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Yea, I realize that and wish it was there but it's not. All I see is the "Reply" button. A PC and a laptop are doing the same thing. Both using Edge. I need to try a different browser, I just haven't had time yet.

Thanks for the info though.
If I recall correctly, you need to post a little more before the "like" button is available for you.

Hdsportsfan

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, you need to post a little more before the "like" button is available for you.

I checked out the support sub forum and saw a thread about the ignore button and I think reading about needing more posts. So I thought that could possibly be it as well for the Like button.

Thx.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If Emmitt Smith went to the pro bowl and Marion Barber went to the pro bowl then they must be equal in talent. That seems to be the argument in a 'nut'shell. Or somehow the Phillips/Garrett combo was just as good as Landry and Johnson because of those pro bowlers? And the fact that Nick Folk is even on the list is comical. Not saying he wasn't a good kicker, but he's part of the "13".
More Romoholics making excuses for their beloved. lol. Unbelievable. It never ends.

Big_D

Reaction score
More Romoholics making excuses for their beloved. lol. Unbelievable. It never ends.

I'm not making excuses, I'm not blaming the QB because the front office and coaching was a big problem. And every move after Parcells left was basically crap. You can spin it how you want. Building and developing a team is a constant cycle.