Twitter: The last time Dallas played Miami, Tony Romo did this

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm not making excuses, I'm not blaming the QB because the front office and coaching was a big problem. And every move after Parcells left was basically crap. You can spin it how you want. Building and developing a team is a constant cycle.
That's just it (in bold). You Romoholics never blame that QB. It's always everyone else's fault. lol. But Dak sucks, eh? Smh

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
Seriously? A franchise record 13 Pro Bowlers surrounded Romo back in 2007. Romo had more talent around him than Staubach, Aikman and have ever had. FACTS

Sarcasm=ON

I can almost see that point of view:

Look at those underachievers Aikman had to work with.

The great wall of Dallas, Doomsday II Defense, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Moose, Harper and K-Mart, Jay Novacek, Neon Deion, Haley, Ken Norton Jr, Big Cat Lett, Jimmie Jones, James Wahington, Larry Brown, Larry Allen,Kevin Smith. etc (does anybody remember these guys)?

And coached by some Jimmy Johnson Fella. Some coach who just came out of coaching college thinking he could succeed in the NFL

Same with Staubach:

Look at these slackers: That Original Doomsday D, Drew Pearson, Tony Dorsett, Too Tall, Tony Hill, Dupree, Newhouse, Butch, Cliff Harris, Randy White, some back-up QB/punter named Danny White. And Harvey Martin. etc. (not sure if anyone remembers them.

And Coached by some guy that went by the name of Tom Landry. Some quiet fella that wore some type of hat on the sidelines. That coach was too humble to be successful in the NFL.

Yup, these facts are proof beyond a reasonable doubt that Romo had more talent around him than Staubach and Aikman ever had.

Sarcasm=OFF

With the sarcasm off: Romo did have a heck of a team around him in 2007. That was the year I thought we would win the SB. And I do think we win the SB this year.

Aikman and Staubach had household names on their teams. Some of Romo's teams had household items to fill the voids.

I still say that Free Agency ruined the game.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
This is the first time I've ever seen someone (namely, the poster with the initials AC) seriously claim that the 1992-1995 Cowboys were LESS talented than Romo's teams.

It's like listening to someone claim that vaccines cause autism or that 9/11 was an inside job by the government, with utter sincerity.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
Don't hate Romo at all. Just stating a fact. Romo was like Wince: fragile. You should be happy we finally have a QB who is built like a LB. Don't hate. Appreciate.

I like Dak. I like Romo.

But Romo FRAGILE? I can bring up several things to disprove that one.

I'll just bring up Romo playing with a broken rib and punctured lung vs. San Francisco. And bringing us back to win the game. The greatest Hefty moment since Emmitt playing with a seperated shoulder.

jnday

Reaction score
Romo was another Wince compared to Dak.

Reminds me of that old Hefty trash bags commercial...

It’s hard to compare the two QBs. One QB was good enough that Herry skipped on surrounding him with top talent and he still produced and made the players around him much better. The other QB had five straight games passing under 200 yards and it took trading for a great WR, it took the best oline in the league and the league’s rushing leader to make him successful. It is really no comparison at all.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would have loved to see the current team and prime Romo.
Including the current offensive coordinator. Back then, almost the entire offensive scheme revolve around what the quarterback saw pre-snap, getting guys into position, and reducing a significant amount of responsibility on the skill players.

Now, the confidence in the skill players to do their jobs extremely well is transparently obvious. Execution is crisp. Some do not wish giving Prescott and his teammates credit by giving too much to what the two defenses they faced so far could not do but their talent level is really shining though.

Here's hoping Moore does not turn into a pumpkin.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I like Dak. I like Romo.

I'll just bring up Romo playing with a broken rib and punctured lung vs. San Francisco. And bringing us back to win the game. The greatest Hefty moment since Emmitt playing with a seperated shoulder.
I think there is a difference between fragile and tough. Maybe brittle is a better word. Romo seemingly always played with broken ribs. The ribs breaking so often (along with the other fractures to clavicles and back) make him brittle. Being able to play through some of those makes him tough.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I like Dak. I like Romo.

Like @Aviano90 mentioned, there is a difference between brittle (synonym: fragile) and tough. I never said Romo was never tough. Actually mentioned several times in the old threads how tough Romo was. The issue is that Romo was often getting injured, thus the comparison of being fragile.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
He did, 2007, 2008 and 2014.

2007: We have to keep our players outta cabo (including Zeke). What's with the water down there dang it. But, if I remember correctly. The play call was on 2nd down to the endzone at the end of the game. I remember wanting us to get in range or try for the first down before going for the TD.

2008: Not necessarily. It is my opinion that after 2007 was when we went and tried to"buy" the rest of a team. The chemistry didn't work well.

2014: The Romo to Bryant catch. Wasn't a catch, but it is now. The refs blew that one bad.

With that being said. I have a 3 year rule with QBs. And I firmly believe that Romo would have won a SB after coming back from injury a few years ago. It was nothing against Dak on that one. I just saw the team and a seasoned vet in Romo that could have finally won the big one. imo