The Mandalorian Season 2 [Hide Spoilers I Have Spoken]

Juggernaut

Reaction score
The Mandalorian Season 2 premiered. This season will be 8 episodes again.

First episode premiered today, October 30, and last will be on December 18.

This thread is for discussing it all, but use the following guide to hide spoilers:
Code:
Type spoilers between [SPOILER] [/SPOILER] brackets.
For an example: [SPOILER]Type spoiler here.[/SPOILER]

This is the way.
Inf0836.gif

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm looking forward to escaping into this show for a few months.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm looking forward to escaping into this show for a few months.

Okay, that's just too nerdy. I can't watch the whole thing. ....but the episode was very cool.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The bounty of the week was quite entertaining and Boba Fett is now confirmed:
n9Jn2Hi.jpg

I really enjoyed the episode, even if it again felt a little 'formulaic'. By that, I mean a bit too like the TV episodes where the hero travels to a new place and is then tasked with helping the locals with an issue to continue on his own journey.

But I was really impressed with how they were able to do the effects and the whole Crate Dragon thing. Very high end stuff for a televisions series in my opinion. It looks to me like the lines and quality between TV and movies is blurring quite a bit.

And I enjoyed being surprised when the Boba Fett armor showed up without Boba Fett. I knew that he would be around in some way, but not in the particular way they chose.

So now it's clear that it WASN'T him that checked on that dead woman in Season One. And it will be interesting to see where the story with him goes next?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I really enjoyed the episode, even if it again felt a little 'formulaic'. By that, I mean a bit too like the TV episodes where the hero travels to a new place and is then tasked with helping the locals with an issue to continue on his own journey.

But I was really impressed with how they were able to do the effects and the whole Crate Dragon thing. Very high end stuff for a televisions series in my opinion. It looks to me like the lines and quality between TV and movies is blurring quite a bit.

And I enjoyed being surprised when the Boba Fett armor showed up without Boba Fett. I knew that he would be around in some way, but not in the particular way they chose.

So now it's clear that it WASN'T him that checked on that dead woman in Season One. And it will be interesting to see where the story with him goes next?
It's starting to look like the helpful stranger things is going to be a regular theme, but that's okay, it's still pretty cool.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Okay, that's just too nerdy. I can't watch the whole thing. ....but the episode was very cool.
Too nerdy for the guy that admittedly watches post-episode after-shows? lol :D It's understandable, fortunately Star Wars is one of the fictional universes I don't mind falling down the rabbit hole. ;)

It's starting to look like the helpful stranger things is going to be a regular theme, but that's okay, it's still pretty cool.

Personally that formula is nostalgic because I have fond memories of watching the weekly travels of The Incredible Hulk and the monster of the week in Kolchak: The Night Stalker and The X-Files.

Boba Fett is still probably the person seen during the end stinger of Episode 5 in Season 1, since he's a homage to Clint Eastwood's Man with No Name, he's the only one with the spurs sound effect.

The Krayt Dragon probably ate the Sarlacc that lived in the pit Boba Fett fell into, giving him the opportunity to escape, and in the chaos maybe he had to leave his armor behind, but not his sound effect.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too nerdy for the guy that admittedly watches post-episode after-shows? lol :D It's understandable, fortunately Star Wars is one of the fictional universes I don't mind falling down the rabbit hole. ;)

Personally that formula is nostalgic because I have fond memories of watching the weekly travels of The Incredible Hulk and the monster of the week in Kolchak: The Night Stalker and The X-Files.

Boba Fett is still probably the person seen during the end stinger of Episode 5 in Season 1, since he's a homage to Clint Eastwood's Man with No Name, he's the only one with the spurs sound effect.

The Krayt Dragon probably ate the Sarlacc that lived in the pit Boba Fett fell into, giving him the opportunity to escape, and in the chaos maybe he had to leave his armor behind, but not his sound effect.

I guess that could make sense, if they didn't show the upper body of the person walking. Now I'll have to go back and rewatch that episode!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Gotta say, this week's episode was a little blah for me. The frog lady was (is) a silly character, and the fact that he had to stay at low speeds while the eggs were on board seemed like a clumsy way to set up the adversity scenes. Speaking of which, it was pretty bad that you could hear the X-Wing fighters change to combat mode, inside the Mandalorian's ship, no less. That's why I don't consider Star Wars to be science fiction. There's no science in it at all.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I enjoyed the distraction of the episode and exploration of the fictional universe.

Do you remember your reaction to seeing the alien creatures of A New Hope?

The fictional universe is interesting when not focused on "chosen one" stories.

Also the unsatiated pickled egg addiction of "The Child" gave me a few laughs.

Looks like the next episode is on the moon, Trask, seen in the Season 2 trailer:
dqhgYIz.png
(Notice "The Passenger" and her tank of eggs and presumed husband by her.)

Which means we may be introduced to Sabine Wren of the planet Mandalore:
819Pfdv.jpg
And possibly Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano in a couple episodes after?:huh:

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I enjoyed the distraction of the episode and exploration of the fictional universe.

Do you remember your reaction to seeing the alien creatures of A New Hope?

The fictional universe is interesting when not focused on "chosen one" stories.

Also the unsatiated pickled egg addiction of "The Child" gave me a few laughs.

Looks like the next episode is on the moon, Trask, seen in the Season 2 trailer:
dqhgYIz.png
(Notice "The Passenger" and her tank of eggs and presumed husband by her.)

Which means we may be introduced to Sabine Wren of the planet Mandalore:
819Pfdv.jpg
And possibly Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano in a couple episodes after?:huh:

I have to say that I wasn't a big fan of this episode. It felt like a lot of stalling to me and had me saying 'just get to it already'! Sprinkle in a few uncharacteristic moments (in my opinion) and this episode was not a favorite of mine.

But I will say that the effects were once again top notch, especially for what is termed as a television show. If this is the quality we can now get from TV, I foresee a real shift in where we watch our entertainment. That's not good news for the future of movie theaters.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I especially enjoyed the heist plot of Episode 3 and action that resulted from it.

I got a good laugh from: "We have them trapped in the cargo control areAHH!"

I wonder if they will show how Moff Gideon stole the Darksaber from Bo-Katan:
hrz5PBK.png
(Bo-Katan Kryze "The Heiress" leader of planet Mandalore aka The Mand'alor.)

We're getting closer to seeing Rosario Dawson as an alien, likely in Episode 5.
Question: How will Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano stack up to other aliens?
@Runwildboys, follow-up, is it possible to supplant Zoe Saldana as Gamora?

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I especially enjoyed the heist plot of Episode 3 and action that resulted from it.

I got a good laugh from: "We have them trapped in the cargo control areAHH!"

I wonder if they will show how Moff Gideon stole the Darksaber from Bo-Katan:
hrz5PBK.png
(Bo-Katan Kryze "The Heiress" leader of planet Mandalore aka The Mand'alor.)

We're getting closer to seeing Rosario Dawson as an alien, likely in Episode 5.
Question: How will Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano stack up to other aliens?
@Runwildboys, follow-up, is it possible to supplant Zoe Saldana as Gamora?
Not with Rosario Dawson....hot as she is.