The McRib Is Back at McDonald's!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The McRib Is Back at McDonald's. Here's What's Actually In It.

It's a cult favorite, but is it healthy?
  • The McRib is back on McDonald's menus after a year-long absence.
  • While it has a cult following, most people don't know what's actually in the sandwich.
  • Here's the breakdown of the McRib's ingredients and nutritional information.
    BBOWDUM.img
The McRib is back at McDonald's, and while McDonald's has other items on their menu that they occasionally bring back, like Szechuan Sauce, the McRib seems to have a very particular set of fans.

The enthusiasm behind the sandwich partly stems from the fact that McDonald's tends to bring back the sandwich about once a year, but as The Wall Street Journal reports, the McRib stays on the menu for only a few weeks, and it's not always offered at all locations. It was last available in November of last year, and it originally hit the McDonald's menu 37 years ago, in 1981.

In the past, super fans have done things like pleaded with their city councils to bring the sandwich back, driven 10 hours to get the sandwich, and eaten 12 McRibs at once. There's also a McRib Locator that will point you to the nearest McDonald's location that's selling the sandwich.

If you've never had a McRib before, or have been gleefully eating the sandwich without knowing exactly what's in it, here's what you need to know about the McRib's nutritional info.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/nu...es-whats-actually-in-it/ar-BBOWsgS?li=BBnba9O

DBOY3141

Reaction score
The McRib Is Back at McDonald's. Here's What's Actually In It.

It's a cult favorite, but is it healthy?
  • The McRib is back on McDonald's menus after a year-long absence.
  • While it has a cult following, most people don't know what's actually in the sandwich.
  • Here's the breakdown of the McRib's ingredients and nutritional information.
    BBOWDUM.img
The McRib is back at McDonald's, and while McDonald's has other items on their menu that they occasionally bring back, like Szechuan Sauce, the McRib seems to have a very particular set of fans.

The enthusiasm behind the sandwich partly stems from the fact that McDonald's tends to bring back the sandwich about once a year, but as The Wall Street Journal reports, the McRib stays on the menu for only a few weeks, and it's not always offered at all locations. It was last available in November of last year, and it originally hit the McDonald's menu 37 years ago, in 1981.

In the past, super fans have done things like pleaded with their city councils to bring the sandwich back, driven 10 hours to get the sandwich, and eaten 12 McRibs at once. There's also a McRib Locator that will point you to the nearest McDonald's location that's selling the sandwich.

If you've never had a McRib before, or have been gleefully eating the sandwich without knowing exactly what's in it, here's what you need to know about the McRib's nutritional info.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/nu...es-whats-actually-in-it/ar-BBOWsgS?li=BBnba9O
One day I'm gonna have to try one.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I tried one back when they first came out in the 1980's because I like ribs. The McRib is not ribs. I thought that at the time, and I found out years later that it truly isn't made from rib meat. I've joked for years that the reason it keeps coming back is they over ordered 35 years ago and are still trying to get rid of all of them.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I tried one back when they first came out in the 1980's because I like ribs. The McRib is not ribs. I thought that at the time, and I found out years later that it truly isn't made from rib meat. I've joked for years that the reason it keeps coming back is they over ordered 35 years ago and are still trying to get rid of all of them.
Yeah, same here. Tried one way back when they first came out. Tasted and felt like cartilage with bad BBQ sauce

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When those came out, the guy that was the franchisee in the Baton Rouge area was a client and said the employees wouldn’t even eat them but some people were pissed when they went away.

In the beginning all stores had to serve them but it bombed in some areas and they stopped forcing them to serve them.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Y'all do know those slanted grill marks are ink stamped on them doncha',,,

* not to jack the thread as it is about food,as I've finally discovered to my de-lite these little Stouffer's meals in the frozen foods section, wow, Marie Calendars & those hungry man T.V. dinners haven't got nothing over these little 2 item beauties,,, the meatloaf & mashed potatoes?, I was a bit leery of, so only bought two of those(around $3,I don't remember exactly), I'd kinda figured it'd be about like the taste& consistency of a McRibb,,,boy, was I wrong about that,man that was the best tasting frozen meatloaf I'd ever come across & better than half of what the truck stop diners serve.