Twitter: The missing link of our team

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Until he started getting banged around too much, Troy threw one of the tightest balls ever. He also has next level anticipation.

I think Dak is more physically gifted than Troy ever was, but I think he's lacking a lot of those intangibles. He still has time though.
Physically gifted how? As a better runner, sure. But Aikman might have been the most pure passer to ever play. I don't think even Marino threw a prettier ball.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Oh but Romo was better than Aikman right??? Sorry to start that up again. But the league was differen

Loved Aikman. Can't take away his SB victories. I would still take Aikman over Romo and Dak.
I'm I'm going to be honest here. Aikman had the best pedigree of the 3 and the best teams. One thing that Aikman didn't excel at in the second half of his career was dealing with change. I think Jimmy leaving really hurt this team. They were not prepared to be coached by a clown. I remember Aikman just becoming a tree in the pocket, refusing to roll out, adapting late to the headphone in the helmet. Remember he preferred the hand signals? He also refused the shotgun as he preferred to be under center. He had his warts no doubt. And frankly he was his best in the first SB, where he won MVP. The second SB he had the concussion and the third against the Steelers I was more relieved we won as the longer the game went, the better the Steelers looked.
He will be elevated no matter what with the SB wins, and I would take young Aikman over Romo and Dak... Is that even a question. BTW, this is the first time I have been critical of Aikman on this board.
I don't understand why Romo puts fans in Stockholm syndrome? He was great statistically but never elite in his era. A lot of passing td's but everyone throws a lot of TD's since he played. He had more than good enough talent around him.
Romo made amazing plays, and was dynamic no doubt. But I was always waiting for the boneheaded play and he always delivered. If you are going to be a great player you have to eventually deliver and win the big game. You have to have a signature moment. I'm not even saying win the SB. I remember a lot of us mocking McNabb when he recently stated he is a HOF'er, and I agree. No matter how his career ended with the Skins, McNabb was really good for the Eagles, 4 straight championship games is no joke. He made a SB.. yeah he threw up during the game.. :)

Circling back to Prescott. He may not have the skills of Aikman or Romo, but so far he outplays what I expect from him. His first year, when it took him 5 games to throw his first TD, and he was truly Dinky & Dunking... I wasn't buying it. As I have stated multiple times.. He is the middle of the pack in terms of QB's in the league. 13-16 range.
Well,DCKID?,,,,DURRR,,,& fer'extra good measure? yer' hereby authorized to receive that double barred
DURRR award to pin upon yer' left breast fruit salad A.O. of that uniform of issued fandom yer' sportin' :thumbup:

* look man, #9 hadn't nearly been "gifted" a fraction of fellow fielded play prettys during his span of command out on that Battle Field, unlike those highly tuned & deftly honed fellow play prettys that our prior man in command #8 rode out into the fray& put it to his Mo-Fo's with,,,ya know,kinda maybe which direction my obvious drift is blowing in from?o_O

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well,DCKID?,,,,DURRR,,,& fer'extra good measure? yer' hereby authorized to receive that double barred
DURRR award to pin upon yer' left breast fruit salad A.O. of that uniform of issued fandom yer' sportin' :thumbup:

* look man, #9 hadn't nearly been "gifted" a fraction of fellow fielded play prettys during his span of command out on that Battle Field, unlike those highly tuned & deftly honed fellow play prettys that our prior man in command #8 rode out into the fray& put it to his Mo-Fo's with,,,ya know,kinda maybe which direction my obvious drift is blowing in from?o_O

I "think" I like it......I'll risk it lol....

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Until he started getting banged around too much, Troy threw one of the tightest balls ever. He also has next level anticipation.

I think Dak is more physically gifted than Troy ever was, but I think he's lacking a lot of those intangibles. He still has time though.
* that #8 could rifle bulls-eyes in the pass attack mode ,from a benchrest stabilized fashion it seemed:thumbup:
:starspin::starspin::starspin:

Flamma

Reaction score
Oh but Romo was better than Aikman right??? Sorry to start that up again. But the league was differen

I'm a huge Romo fan but I agree with you for the most part. I'd take Aikman too.

I just don't think the league was that different, just the Cowboys scheme could not be any further apart. I'm pretty sure the Cowboys were the only team that ran every play from under center. Romo's Cowboys ran a totally different offense. Not even close to the gameplan Aikman had.

Aikman had some pretty crappy teams except for the year he got injured. I always wondered what he would have done with the 2007 and 2014 teams. And even though the Cowboys D was bad, I think Dallas would have done better in '11, '12, and '13 than 8-8. Cowboys underachieved in those years.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I "think" I like it......I'll risk it lol....
:lmao::lmao2::lmao:
Ya, it's not all that critically berating & not all that far outta' the proper orbit of that sphere of comprehension,eithero_O

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
My prediction:

Dak is going to make PAPPYDOG eat crow this year.

:thumbup:

I am not a true believer in Dak just yet, but we are all plagued by "revisionist" history. How many people remember year 1 with Aikman? Steve Walsh won our only game in 1989, and although there were flashes of promise, Aikman was beaten up, injured and often looked bad. Year 2 marked good improvement and by year 3 we started seeing the Aikman of the Dynasty Teams. But even in year 2, there were a lot of interceptions and I never felt like we had an elite QB. Towards the end of year 3, I knew we had something special. My point is that Dak, although nowhere near as accurate as Aikman, has a chance to make us all believers. I am just not sure he has the raw talent. Fingers crossed.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I'm a huge Romo fan but I agree with you for the most part. I'd take Aikman too.

I just don't think the league was that different, just the Cowboys scheme could not be any further apart. I'm pretty sure the Cowboys were the only team that ran every play from under center. Romo's Cowboys ran a totally different offense. Not even close to the gameplan Aikman had.

Aikman had some pretty crappy teams except for the year he got injured. I always wondered what he would have done with the 2007 and 2014 teams. And even though the Cowboys D was bad, I think Dallas would have done better in '11, '12, and '13 than 8-8. Cowboys underachieved in those years.
That there saliently omitted & in a glaringly stark manner of noticeability, is that differential of head coaching tutelage between the players #8&#9 ya know,Bro?

* Jimmy Johnson got those indisputable bona fides/ skins on that whole wall of southern exposure,,,:thumbup:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. Aikman never threw more than 22 TD's. It was a different league, and a different system. Irvin got tackled within the 5 yard line 30 times in his career...
I'm not the one that posted Aikman's stats...

dckid

Reaction score
I'm not the one that posted Aikman's stats...
Remember stats are not everything.
I definitely don't think Dak is worth $35 million. Sorry I'm not going to be like a lemming and just fall in line with you have to pay 35 million to 15th best player at his position. If I had the infrastructure in my scouting and coaching, i would tell them to find me a replacement. You guys will hate me and curse me, but I would rather pay Keenum 3 million than pay Dak 35!
Sorry for opening up this can of worms. Dak is replaceable, not ideal to replace him of course. I need the guy to be top 5-8 to justify making him highest paid at position.

dckid

Reaction score

Let me know when you find the big game Romo won!

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Let me know when you find the big game Romo won!
,,,er,,:oops:,,gimme one of yer' DURRR awards to festoon "my" issued uniform of fandom, will'ya?o_O

* Romo never even got close to receiving the committed total war footing support& various sundry items/ accouterments that Aikman rolled with& enjoyed from
Sky box Commando_O:(o_O

Just sayin':rolleyes:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember stats are not everything.
I definitely don't think Dak is worth $35 million. Sorry I'm not going to be like a lemming and just fall in line with you have to pay 35 million to 15th best player at his position. If I had the infrastructure in my scouting and coaching, i would tell them to find me a replacement. You guys will hate me and curse me, but I would rather pay Keenum 3 million than pay Dak 35!
Sorry for opening up this can of worms. Dak is replaceable, not ideal to replace him of course. I need the guy to be top 5-8 to justify making him highest paid at position.
Fans that claim Dak is not very good are the fans that don't study game footage or study stats in detail.

Even before questions about Dak came up, it has been very consistent here at CZ that certain posters are known for being analytical and studying both game footage and stats of players.

There is another group of posters that are known for expressing their opinions while not putting any effort into studying game footage or understanding stats in detail.

The group that does have a history of using an analytical process to form opinions has consistently been Pro Dak.

Most non-analytical people don't have the self awareness to know or admit that their opinions are uninformed.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Fans that claim Dak is not very good are the fans that don't study game footage or study stats in detail.

Even before questions about Dak came up, it has been very consistent here at CZ that certain posters are known for being analytical and studying both game footage and stats of players.

There is another group of posters that are known for expressing their opinions while not putting any effort into studying game footage or understanding stats in detail.

The group that does have a history of using an analytical process to form opinions has consistently been Pro Dak.

Most non-analytical people don't have the self awareness to know or admit that their opinions are uninformed.
* I'd say that is about as an concise operationally overlayed forum graphed analysis pertaining to the compiled aggregate from that of our observably consistent posting fellow members,,,& categorizing thereof, my Brother:thumbup:

:starspin::laugh::starspin:

Brax

Reaction score

hahahahahahahahaha, thanks for the laugh. What category do place your self in???