The more I look, the more I like

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never mind. If you’re going to just backpeddle there’s no point.

“Backpedal”? Oh boy. Another blatant lie. Right next to me never mentioning anyone ‘riding’ Keenum.

You suck at argument so you resort to making up a Strawman. Thanks for making that obvious.

You said what you said and now you’re trying to take it back. Did you not say Keenum has taken his team further than Dak has? It’s yes or no.....

Show me and everyone ‘where I said’ any such thing liar.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
“Backpedal”? Oh boy. Another blatant lie. Right next to me never mentioning anyone ‘riding’ Keenum.

You suck at argument so you resort to making up a Strawman. Thanks for making that obvious.

Show me and everyone ‘where I said’ any such thing liar.
It's perfectly within my right, especially if it exposes people's double standards. In case you hadn't noticed, plenty of Cowboys fans here are trying to bash Keenum when in fact he had a better 2017 season that their own quarterback did. And he took a team further in the playoffs than the Cowboys have seen in nearly 25 years. So I think those bashing him can use some improved perspective and intelligence.[/QUOTE

But you didn’t say it though lol......how’d you forget it’s only been 2 day’s Jesus.....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But you didn’t say it though lol......how’d you forget it’s only been 2 day’s Jesus.....

Where’s the use of the term”riding”? Oh that’s right nowhere. Just something the guy losing another argument made up.

Amateur.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Where’s the use of the term”riding”? Oh that’s right nowhere. Just something the guy losing another argument made up.

Amateur.
Stop being a clown and answer my question. If you not gonna do it then there's nothing to talk about. Anytime you get called out for your crap on here you try and get off subject. Whether you used the exact term "riding" or not answer the damn question and stop being a child. Did you not say Keenum took his team further than Dak did? When you regret saying something on this site I notice you like to answer question with question. I'm not these other people though either you answer it or there's nothing to talk about it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They may not be identical but they aren't far apart. You may not win the NFC championship game with Keenum but your not winning it with Dak either. Heck your not even getting there with either guy.

But Dak’s getting better lol. o_O

garyv

Reaction score
Before I get into the meat of this thread, let me preface by saying that it was not created to try to stir up the vigorous debate and arguments from the initial thread that featured the name Case Keenum. But in looking over the guy's career and body of work, I continue to find him an intriguing option to put into the mix for this team.

I'm not saying 'he's better than Dak', so nobody get the wrong impression or your panties in a bunch!

What I am saying, is that hes easily better than Cooper Rush, and somewhere in between Dak level and Rush level.

And what does interest me is in signing Keenum, for two reasons:
  1. To give this team a better backup quarterback, someone who has and can win games if needed. Rush has never shown that ability.
  2. To give this team some measure of fallback option if things did take a bad turn in Dak negotiations. If Dak were to hold out, or somehow force a trade, the cupboard for the Cowboys isn't completely bare.
Based on Keenum's 2019 salary and standing, I think the guy could be had on a multi-year deal in the $4 - $5 million range, at most.

And he proved that on a good team, he can win, and get you to an NFC Championship Game, if the pieces are there around him.

And again, before anyone gets it twisted, nobody is saying the guy is a world beater. But take some time yourself and take a look at his career, college and pros. I think he makes more a decent, highly-affordable option.

Thoughts?

(Here's to hoping I haven't reopened Pandora's box!)

I would love to sign Keenum and move on from Cooper Rush

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They may not be identical but they aren't far apart. You may not win the NFC championship game with Keenum but your not winning it with Dak either. Heck your not even getting there with either guy.
Well the Packers and the Saints can't win the NFC championship game with Brees or Rodgers but that doesn't mean I wouldn't take them over Case Keenum lol.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stop being a clown and answer my question.

The 'clown' is the guy who can't win an actual argument and therefore has to make up Strawman to argue against. That would be you.

If you not gonna do it then there's nothing to talk about. Anytime you get called out for your crap on here you try and get off subject. Whether you used the exact term "riding" or not answer the damn question and stop being a child.

You mean 'whether you lied or not', right? Because if we're talking truth here, that's what happened. Funny how you'll continue to downplay that and then try to project the issue onto the other guy.

Did you not say Keenum took his team further than Dak did? When you regret saying something on this site I notice you like to answer question with question. I'm not these other people though either you answer it or there's nothing to talk about it.

Of course I said it. Because it's true. It's really too bad if you don't like it or you see it as some imagined slight. It's simply a fact that Keenum took a team further in the playoffs than any Cowboys quarterback has in 25 years. I'm glad that that bothers you and you don't like it. It doesn't change the fact that it's true.

Nobody said he 'carried' them there, nobody said they were 'riding' Keenum there. What was said was that as their starting quarterback, he took them further than Prescott has.

Deal with it. :cool:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The 'clown' is the guy who can't win an actual argument and therefore has to make up Strawman to argue against. That would be you.

You mean 'whether you lied or not', right? Because if we're talking truth here, that's what happened. Funny how you'll continue to downplay that and then try to project the issue onto the other guy.

Of course I said it. Because it's true. It's really too bad if you don't like it or you see it as some imagined slight. It's simply a fact that Keenum took a team further in the playoffs than any Cowboys quarterback has in 25 years. I'm glad that that bothers you and you don't like it. It doesn't change the fact that it's true.

Nobody said he 'carried' them there, nobody said they were 'riding' Keenum there. What was said was that as their starting quarterback, he took them further than Prescott has.

Deal with it. :cool:
That’s all I asked for you to admit you said it. Took 3 days but at least you finally admitting you said it. And like I said three days ago.....Keenum took them no where. They took him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s all I asked for you to admit you said it. Took 3 days but at least you finally admitting you said it.

Which is clearly more than you're capable of. You make it false claims and then try to pretend it didn't happen.

And like I said three days ago.....Keenum took them no where. They took him.

He was their quarterback when they got to the NFC Championship Game. Suck on that.

How about the repeated lies and mischaracterizations of what was actually said?

Any comments on that? Or are you again going to try to gloss over the fact that you did that?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Which is clearly more than you're capable of. You make it false claims and then try to pretend it didn't happen.

He was their quarterback when they got to the NFC Championship Game. Suck on that.

How about the repeated lies and mischaracterizations of what was actually said?

Any comments on that? Or are you again going to try to gloss over the fact that you did that?
So Trent Dilfer took the Ravens to the Super Bowl and won it?

I lied about nothing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Before I get into the meat of this thread, let me preface by saying that it was not created to try to stir up the vigorous debate and arguments from the initial thread that featured the name Case Keenum. But in looking over the guy's career and body of work, I continue to find him an intriguing option to put into the mix for this team.

I'm not saying 'he's better than Dak', so nobody get the wrong impression or your panties in a bunch!

What I am saying, is that hes easily better than Cooper Rush, and somewhere in between Dak level and Rush level.

And what does interest me is in signing Keenum, for two reasons:
  1. To give this team a better backup quarterback, someone who has and can win games if needed. Rush has never shown that ability.
  2. To give this team some measure of fallback option if things did take a bad turn in Dak negotiations. If Dak were to hold out, or somehow force a trade, the cupboard for the Cowboys isn't completely bare.
Based on Keenum's 2019 salary and standing, I think the guy could be had on a multi-year deal in the $4 - $5 million range, at most.

And he proved that on a good team, he can win, and get you to an NFC Championship Game, if the pieces are there around him.

And again, before anyone gets it twisted, nobody is saying the guy is a world beater. But take some time yourself and take a look at his career, college and pros. I think he makes more a decent, highly-affordable option.

Thoughts?

(Here's to hoping I haven't reopened Pandora's box!)
I agree he or Fitz for the same reasons AND draft a Fromm or Hurts around the 4th round so you can groom a guy while the other issues are being worked out..a young draft pick at #3 is better option then rush IMO..plan B is needed for a possible long dak holdout and a future backup, either way its a win win..