The more I think about the Amari trade the more I like it

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zekeats, May 6, 2022.

1. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

9,798 Messages
    10,114 Likes Received
    Sounds like that’s your dream, to validate the endless crying.

G2 likes this.
  2. Captain43Crash

Captain43Crash Well-Known Member

5,665 Messages
    5,970 Likes Received
    You’re wrong!!!
    When has Amari Cooper every played big in a big game? Almost never! He was to willing to sit on the sideline with the game on the line.

To win Super-bowls you need players who want to win badly! Amari never did.

3. zekecowboy

zekecowboy Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    1,528 Likes Received
    Cooper made Dak look good. Dallas does not have an elite quarterback. The qb is suppose to make the wide receivers look good like how Tony Romo did.

NotForLong and jay94 like this.
  4. DB_Cooper

DB_Cooper RubyRidge

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    313 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    Th early parts of 2018 weren’t pretty. I’m hoping we don’t repeat that ineptitude…

5. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

8,715 Messages
    9,397 Likes Received
    Cooper was making 20 million a year for the Cowboys, stats consistently declined each season, and had nagging injuries that kept him from practicing the last two seasons. Cooper is declining and the Cowboys should have moved on from him last season.

6. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

7,455 Messages
    5,763 Likes Received
    I think people are going to be surprised by how much a strong run game compliments the passing game.

kskboys likes this.
  7. Silverstar

Silverstar Well-Known Member

6,461 Messages
    2,535 Likes Received
    This

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country likes this.
  8. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

33,068 Messages
    35,760 Likes Received
    Absolutely!!!

Right now, the signs are actually pointing toward that being the plan. We are drafting very tough and mean players instead of ballet dancers, and didn't make any stupid trades or big money signings for WRs or CBs. We'll find out a ton more next offseason when we release more cap sucking contracts.

NotForLong and G2 like this.
  9. kskboys

33,068 Messages
    35,760 Likes Received
    Yup, most do not understand this at all. In simple terms, if the running game is being sparsely used, the opposing pass rushers don't have to worry about containment, they can just "pin back their ears and go all out". At present, we don't seem to have any plays predicated on slowing down the pass rush. This is one of the reasons why our OL often actually looks worse than it is, and is a huge reason why the pass rush is all too often in the QB's face right at the snap.

10. kskboys

33,068 Messages
    35,760 Likes Received
    IF he stays healthy. IF.

America's Cowboy likes this.
  11. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

7,455 Messages
    5,763 Likes Received
    And if the run game is very good the defense is forced to bring more people to contain it leaving fewer to defend receivers.

America's Cowboy and kskboys like this.
  12. kskboys

33,068 Messages
    35,760 Likes Received
    I cannot for the life of me understand how Moore doesn't see/get this. Supposedly he's a real football brain. Sooooooooooo........... Mr. Moore? Think, dude.

morasp likes this.
  13. terra

terra Well-Known Member

1,750 Messages
    1,850 Likes Received
    Moore believe his own press releases about how big a football genius he is.
    Frankly I have not been impressed. Better than Garret but that is a low bar.

14. NotForLong

NotForLong Well-Known Member

5,808 Messages
    6,540 Likes Received
    How come Kellen doesn't get credit for the #1 offense . . . I believe he must be some kind if Genius to do so

15. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

7,360 Messages
    9,793 Likes Received

He had 865 yards for 20 million. Some fans are funny. They say they want to win, but not really when they're willing to keep that around. Good WR.. sure... way overvalued... you bet. Did they win with him here? A lot of Cowboy fans will see how he won't be missed at all.

16. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

14,162 Messages
    26,957 Likes Received
    Okay.

I don't want to see any "What's up with the offense?" posts from you when the season starts, okay?

Last edited: May 7, 2022
    NotForLong likes this.
  17. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

7,360 Messages
    9,793 Likes Received

Like the playoff game?

kskboys likes this.
  18. NotForLong

NotForLong Well-Known Member

5,808 Messages
    6,540 Likes Received
    And because He threw the blame at Dak's feet when Jerry tried to throw the WR corps. under the bus

19. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

42,275 Messages
    20,689 Likes Received
    You couldn’t be more wrong! It mostly came down to money and he missed a game because of an illness that irked Jerry. We also didn’t utilize him enough because of the talent we had at receiver. If he stays healthy in 2022 and Deshaun Watson can return to form he’ll put up 1200+ with double digit TDs. His numbers will end up better than any of the receivers we have.

20. Hawkeye19

Hawkeye19 Well-Known Member

5,563 Messages
    15,790 Likes Received
    Rolling up 50 burgers and gaudy stats vs questionable opponents is not impressive. If he is a genius— why is he still an OC? Most hot OCs get nabbed up quick— why is he coming back to Dallas?

I’ll tell you why. His “bag” was empty by about week 8. His creativity disappeared. He forgets the run game. He limits his own effectiveness by allowing opponents to dictate matchups. Other teams can figure out how to get their #1 targets the ball— but in Dallas? Nah. It’s “take what the defense give you” crap.

We need an OC with some balls that says “we will take what we want— when we want— and there ain’t nuthin you or anybody else can do about it”