The more I think about the Amari trade the more I like it

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wish old threads could be bumped because we would very likely be seeing this thread again sometime around November/December with fans hovering around it like vultures. Lol However the link can be posted. :thumbup:

NotForLong

Reaction score
Rolling up 50 burgers and gaudy stats vs questionable opponents is not impressive. If he is a genius— why is he still an OC? Most hot OCs get nabbed up quick— why is he coming back to Dallas?

I’ll tell you why. His “bag” was empty by about week 8. His creativity disappeared. He forgets the run game. He limits his own effectiveness by allowing opponents to dictate matchups. Other teams can figure out how to get their #1 targets the ball— but in Dallas? Nah. It’s “take what the defense give you” crap.

We need an OC with some balls that says “we will take what we want— when we want— and there ain’t nuthin you or anybody else can do about it”
I believe that is impossible with a flawed QB and I believe Kellen cannot be criticized for how Dak operates the Offense. . . I believe at some point The League figures out the smoke & mirror game plans Kellen scripts. . . It is usually by midseason which doesnt give Kellen time to devise another plan.

Thus far the plan has been for Dak to scramble and run directly at the WR while throwing. . . force Dak into containment within the pocket and force him to read the whole field and you beat him.

I am curious to see what kind of genius plan Kellen comes up with to prop Dak up this year . . . But it looks to me like The team is going back to power Running

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I believe that is impossible with a flawed QB and I believe Kellen cannot be criticized for how Dak operates the Offense. . . I believe at some point The League figures out the smoke & mirror game plans Kellen scripts. . . It is usually by midseason which doesnt give Kellen time to devise another plan.

Thus far the plan has been for Dak to scramble and run directly at the WR while throwing. . . force Dak into containment within the pocket and force him to read the whole field and you beat him.

I am curious to see what kind of genius plan Kellen comes up with to prop Dak up this year . . . But it looks to me like The team is going back to power Running

Kellen is Dak’s BFF… so if he is a genius, then figure out how to help him lol

Everyone in the world knows Dak needs a running game— so why in THE HELL would you only gameplan Pollard to get 5 touches in the SF game?!

Either KM is playing locker room politics and is too weak to put the best players on the field, or he is incompetent and unaware of how to utilize the talent on the roster.

Either way— there are huge problems at OC. You can’t be “friends” with your players first— you GOTTA be the boss. You gotta have hard conversations with your guys about reality, their limitations, and the truth that your job as OC is to win games— not pad stat lines.

I think he is too soft and “nice” and is getting told what to do by his players— and his HC is too soft to step in and wrest control back and do the right thing.

kskboys

Reaction score
How come Kellen doesn't get credit for the #1 offense . . . I believe he must be some kind if Genius to do so
Mo has formed an O that stalls against good D's, and appears to be relatively easy to scheme against. That's what almost always happens in the playoffs.

Big_D

Reaction score
What about it?

The offense sucked in the playoffs. Who did he make better? What exactly changes without him ..they suck worse? Can't beat up on crap teams? I just find it funny people are still upset about losing Cooper. Either they continue losing or they don't. That's the only thing that could change here. Yet some talk like he elevated the offense to championship status.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Kellen is Dak’s BFF… so if he is a genius, then figure out how to help him lol

Everyone in the world knows Dak needs a running game— so why in THE HELL would you only gameplan Pollard to get 5 touches in the SF game?!

Either KM is playing locker room politics and is too weak to put the best players on the field, or he is incompetent and unaware of how to utilize the talent on the roster.

Either way— there are huge problems at OC. You can’t be “friends” with your players first— you GOTTA be the boss. You gotta have hard conversations with your guys about reality, their limitations, and the truth that your job as OC is to win games— not pad stat lines.

I think he is too soft and “nice” and is getting told what to do by his players— and his HC is too soft to step in and wrest control back and do the right thing.
I cant argue with that

kskboys

Reaction score
The offense sucked in the playoffs. Who did he make better? What exactly changes without him ..they suck worse? Can't beat up on crap teams? I just find it funny people are still upset about losing Cooper. Either they continue losing or they don't. That's the only thing that could change here. Yet some talk like he elevated the offense to championship status.
We may take a small step back w/ the loss of Coop, but that's all irrelevant due to 1) His salary vs production did not match, and 2) He is not the future. It was simply time to move on.

Big_D

Reaction score
We may take a small step back w/ the loss of Coop, but that's all irrelevant due to 1) His salary vs production did not match, and 2) He is not the future. It was simply time to move on.

Even if that is the case it's going to be a mighty small step. He simply wasn't worth the money. And he seemed to lack any fire or motivation. It was time to move on before the contract.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I wouldn't have paid Gallup so much to stay. Honestly this team still doesn't get it with resigning players. You resign great players to large contracts not good players. Gallup is a good player, not great. Amari was a very good player, not great. Shultz is a good player, not great. I really hope they don't sign him to a long term deal. I would've had no problem letting them 2 walk. Shultz could be replaced with the pick we just made or McKeon. Tolbert is very comparable to Gallup and Cooper. Receivers are a dime a dozen as are tight ends. Now you get your hands or could get your hands on a TO or Moss or Gronk, or a game changer thats one thing but for the most part they could all be easily replaced. Besides Randy Moss the QB makes the receiver.

I hate it when you think. But every once in a while, handsome oaf, you make sense in that rural, East Arkansas way of yours (the monkeys with typewriter theory).

Thus, I largely agree with you, 3rd class steward.

WR are becoming a dime a dozen as are TEs.

Now, here is my take:
Our WR corps is a temple of ... averageness. Yes, CeeDee and Gallup have had their moments.
But the former is inconsistent and largely unproven. The latter is coming off an injury as an average WR.
Collectively, both are with so-so résumés who might or might not start for other teams.
Gallup took advantage of Jerry's need to unload Amari. Fine, but look, we got a less-talented starting WR in Gallup.
Our WRs corps is LESS TALENTED THAN IN 2021 and our panicky QB has not improved, bland men, enough to help mega-paid WRs anf TEs.
So stop paying premiums for receivers.
Invest in a QB, O line and shutdown cornerbacks.It is wise in the long run.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

No, maestro.
We took a big step back without Amari.
Gallup and CeeDee are average, not at Cooper's tier.
All we did was exchange Amari for Gallup to save money to throw away elsewhere.
If Amari's production and salary did not match, neither does Gallup's deal or CeeDee's expected windfall in a couple of years.
Was it time yo move on from Amari?
I would have moved on from Gallup.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He had 865 yards for 20 million. Some fans are funny. They say they want to win, but not really when they're willing to keep that around. Good WR.. sure... way overvalued... you bet. Did they win with him here? A lot of Cowboy fans will see how he won't be missed at all.
And the constantly cry about the QBs salary...

DanA

Reaction score
I’m reminded of 2018 when we had Beasley, Hurn, Gallup, and Witten. “We don’t need a no.1” was the front office messaging in pre-season. By Thanksgiving, they were scrambling and had traded for Cooper.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooper has always been less than the sum of his parts. There's just something missing in his makeup, maybe inner toughness, maybe heart, or maybe he's just not into football. Love Cooper for around 12 mil, don't like him for 20 mil or more.
Agree. Great ability but if they lose he just shrugs his shoulders and says 'oh well'...

JBS

Reaction score
Do you somehow think Gallup is making great money? He’s not.

kskboys

Reaction score
No, maestro.
We took a big step back without Amari.
Gallup and CeeDee are average, not at Cooper's tier.
All we did was exchange Amari for Gallup to save money to throw away elsewhere.
If Amari's production and salary did not match, neither does Gallup's deal or CeeDee's expected windfall in a couple of years.
Was it time yo move on from Amari?
I would have moved on from Gallup.
No, sugar cookie, it was a small step that absolutely had to be taken.

Dre11

Reaction score
When Lamb, Brown, and Washington are our Week 1 starters I don't know if you'll be so enthused.

I believe Cooper will have a better season than any of our receivers this year.

Of course he will, he'll be force fed, they have nobody else, way to go out on limb there buddy...lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Of course he will, he'll be force fed, they have nobody else, way to go out on limb there buddy...lol
Between this post and the other posts you're currently engaging with me in I believe your agenda is clear.

I've seen all I need to see to know that conversation with you is a waste of time.