The Most Beautiful Place You Have Ever Visited?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
For me, I would say it is Inspiration Point at Bryce Canyon, UT. I went there with my parents in 1996. Just amazed and awed by the beauty. Never saw anything that beautiful. Visited numerous countries such as Italy and Germany and travelled a good deal in the US since, but no matter where I go so far, haven't found anything that tops Inspiration Point at Bryce Canyon. The Grand Canyon comes mighty close. The Alps are beautiful but fall short. I haven't been to Banff yet.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've never been outside the U.S., but I've been to most of the contiguous states, and there's so much to see that I couldn't even say what's the most beautiful. Yellowstone sticks out in my mind most prominently at the moment, so I'll go with that, for now.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
Caneel Bay, St. John’s, USVI

We went for our honeymoon in 2017. A hurricane destroyed this place and it has yet to recover. The most unreal place located in the middle of a National park.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Beavers Bend OK I fish here a lot now 30 miles from home
1268308736-themistyhills.jpg

Also like Natural Falls in North East Ok also fish here now
oklahoma-best-waterfalls-natural-falls.jpg

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moved to Boise in 1993 and our first trip to the Sawtooth Mountains was on July 4th and our 13 year old son went ahead and pelted us with snowballs....on July 4th! We followed the trail up and came upon something out of a dream and we were the only 3 people there. A small crystal clear lake that you had to catch an angle to even realize there was water in it, that's how clear and picture perfect it was. It hit all 3 of us so hard that even our usually noisy 13 year old could only speak in a whisper, afraid to stir the air and spoil the moment.

It was as if the bottom bed of this lake had been painted by nature with shades of rock I'd never seen before, it was as if we'd stepped back through time and found something unspoiled by the presence of man. We just sat down, each of us lost in the bottom of this lake but each of us careful not to leave a footprint or proof we'd been there. It was so magical, pristine and special and I have never beheld anything that just locked up my throat like that, I could barely breathe for fear of disturbing what I was seeing.

The Sawtooths are a really cool place to hike and Idaho is by far the most beautiful and picturesque place I have even lived but on that day, in that place, that was the most beautiful place I have ever seen or will see.

I took a whole roll of pictures because I wanted to share that with some family and friends and entice them to visit and when we got them back, we sat down at the dinner table and went through them and after we'd looked at all of them my wife said "doesn't work, does it? You really have to be there". She was right, I didn't even keep the pictures, what lived in my memory was far better. So far, in my life, that is the most "you had to be there" moment, nothing else could do that justice.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Moved to Boise in 1993 and our first trip to the Sawtooth Mountains was on July 4th and our 13 year old son went ahead and pelted us with snowballs....on July 4th! We followed the trail up and came upon something out of a dream and we were the only 3 people there. A small crystal clear lake that you had to catch an angle to even realize there was water in it, that's how clear and picture perfect it was. It hit all 3 of us so hard that even our usually noisy 13 year old could only speak in a whisper, afraid to stir the air and spoil the moment.

It was as if the bottom bed of this lake had been painted by nature with shades of rock I'd never seen before, it was as if we'd stepped back through time and found something unspoiled by the presence of man. We just sat down, each of us lost in the bottom of this lake but each of us careful not to leave a footprint or proof we'd been there. It was so magical, pristine and special and I have never beheld anything that just locked up my throat like that, I could barely breathe for fear of disturbing what I was seeing.

The Sawtooths are a really cool place to hike and Idaho is by far the most beautiful and picturesque place I have even lived but on that day, in that place, that was the most beautiful place I have ever seen or will see.

I took a whole roll of pictures because I wanted to share that with some family and friends and entice them to visit and when we got them back, we sat down at the dinner table and went through them and after we'd looked at all of them my wife said "doesn't work, does it? You really have to be there". She was right, I didn't even keep the pictures, what lived in my memory was far better. So far, in my life, that is the most "you had to be there" moment, nothing else could do that justice.
stanley-lake-sawtooth-mountains-ed-riche_1024x1024.jpg

Was this it?

jsb357

Reaction score
Probably somewhere north of Skagway on the White Pass Railroad...

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/proxy/RJ0YXthRsnvqaecGJgQtd0LVR-DTW5LHsjFtOJM87XzQ--FAjUpa1z2qKoF5hvuoegzf2sb7bBSl3psbeV7YDUWEa1POGdknch1q1A52FYWA6SPeb25bj0ulyGThzQjsXSIAG_T4_KeZfXdAbPtlxaA1p6dl5ALBLEHr_GqLzSKPBOb7j2_Qu6qZJUA8oOqE4sQ8062wuwlCZrJ4sxgN

DFWJC

Reaction score
In the US
Probably Alaska, but the Great Smokies are breathtaking in the Fall, and Hwy 1 at sunset on the west coast

It'd be tough to choose internationally....Switzerland can be pretty stunning, various part of Australia too....and anywhere with good surfing :)

SlammedZero

Reaction score

Right in my back yard. ;)
stanley-lake-sawtooth-mountains-ed-riche_1024x1024.jpg

Was this it?

There are hundreds of small little bodies of water throughout the Sawtooths. You have to hike to get to most of them.