The Moves are Starting to Make Sense

kskboys

Reaction score
Actual Safeties, quality OL's in the mid rounds, good rotational DT's, and now an actual 1st round NT.

I personally think it's MM, and that we are on the way to true contention. RB position worries me greatly as does the LB position in general, but overall we are looking good.

rambo2

Reaction score
Actual Safeties, quality OL's in the mid rounds, good rotational DT's, and now an actual 1st round NT.

I personally think it's MM, and that we are on the way to true contention. RB position worries me greatly as does the LB position in general, but overall we are looking good.
You are correct. Overall they are a top 3 team in the NFC.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I have to give you a like for your first positive post ever.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You are correct. Overall they are a top 3 team in the NFC.
We were last year. It’s yet to be seen if that holds true this year.

Good news is NFC is down and for the taking but Egirls look in best position.

But there’s always other upswinging teams potentially like Detroit or Seattle I’d keep my eye on . Could be others . I can’t help but think LA might have another run in them and see if Minn can build on last year .

And will be interesting to see if SF can maintain. See them possibly slipping with new QB. We shall see. But Egirls look much stronger on defense . I can’t help but think we’ll be a Wild Card team again having to win on the road in the playoffs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Yep

Looks like we will still need to be a passing team without a pound the rock type RB. And let’s hope our aging OL stays relatively healthy along with our RB coming off surgery stays healthy carrying the load . It could be a crash and burn if either of those fizzle .

But looking forward to see how this defense develops . That might be the most exciting aspect of our team now .

Hardline

Reaction score

I worry about RB to. Pollard isn't a full time starter and all the other RBs aren't proven.
We need to sign a veteran At least inquire about Derrick Henry.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No worries at RB or LB for me at all. You want to be a contender? You want to win a super bowl? All your worries are misplaced. You should be worried about your quarterback. The success of this team is completely dependent on that position. The Cowboys could go undefeated into a playoff game against SF or PHIL and he lays another egg, then you get to watch the super bowl at home. Again.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@kskboys is in love with the NT pick in the 1st round. As am I! Trust me.

The Cowboys finally got serious about filling that decade's long hole in our interior D-line. It should greatly help this team take the next jump.
:thumbup:
This pick should make us all happy. Unite!

But Rocky has to spew his disdain and hate...even on this matter . While lecturing others about theirs. Sickness.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No worries at RB or LB for me at all. You want to be a contender? You want to win a super bowl? All your worries are misplaced. You should be worried about your quarterback. The success of this team is completely dependent on that position. The Cowboys could go undefeated into a playoff game against SF or PHIL and he lays another egg, then you get to watch the super bowl at home. Again.
But...he played well in the regular season...against average teams. That's our trophy~

doomsday9084

Reaction score
What is stunning/great about this offseason is that if you were to get a list of the things that were a weakness on the team last year, you would get a list like: WR, CB depth, DT, etc.

The team just checked boxes off and did so without throwing away future assets like capspace or high draft picks. I'm not going to predict super bowl or anything but this was about as solid of an offseason I have seen an already good team have in quite some time. If I had to identify the remaining weaknesses, it would be RB2 and Oline depth. Edit: Oh, and kicker obviously.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Where are the quality lineman in the mid rounds? Biadasz? The guy everyone said sucks?

rotational dt’s make sense? When? They only made more sense because we finally drafted a stud 1 tech.