The myth of Dak compared to reality

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Man, I know most are past being tired of hearing me state this but: the #9 would've had the #89's stats up to pro bowl calibre consideration,,,last season, easily!
* ,,,er,,,although, just like religions & conspiracy theories, it can neither be proven nor dispelled,,,entirely,,, ya know?,,, Still,I'm just sayingo_O
That's if #9 made it through the entire season

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Passing and pocket presence. I am hoping that passing improves with time. But Romo had pocket presence like none other. And I think that’s something we got spoiled with over the years. Those eyes in the back of his head and the Houdini move and huge play down field.
Oh yes, there's no doubt about that,,, about like something akin to a persons favorite diner transitioning to new ownership with a completely foreign flavor to the menu's items, but that joint is so handy&close by,coming & going,,,o_O

Melonfeud

Reaction score
That's if #9 made it through the entire season
I grant you that pertinent point, , , and this is the gig that just about gouges me the deepest concercerning the #9's playing career,,, as once he'd suffered the cumulative effects of unrestrained &obvious overtly intended collar bone dead fish falling flop downs upon him
( don't believe me on these bones my ditch witch j-20 trencher is unearthing?,,, just go Google up those flop tackles ,,,SHEESE! those two different players from the same division as the one we're listed as playing in, appeared to momentarily "strike a pose" like Gorgeous George launching off the top rail of the turnbuckle to inflict the " coupe de grace" on a double jap-slapped& almost down fer the count dick the bruiser,,,arms& knees held back in classic halo parachutist style ,,,lest an appendage contacting the turf negate a single iota away from the intended punishment,,,NOW,,,since he's not their haunting nightmare no more? The League wants to suddenly address Q.B. PROTECTION.

*all those bass turds involved need stabbed in their swinging counter weights integral to their clocks operation,,, er,,, whilst exiting church:angry:

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I grant you that pertinent point, , , and this is the gig that just about gouges me the deepest concercerning the #9's playing career,,, as once he'd suffered the cumulative effects of unrestrained &obvious overtly intended collar bone dead fish falling flop downs upon him
( don't believe me on these bones my ditch witch j-20 trencher is unearthing?,,, just go Google up those flop tackles ,,,SHEESE! those two different players from the same division as the one we're listed as playing in, appeared to momentarily "strike a pose" like Gorgeous George launching off the top rail of the turnbuckle to inflict the " coupe de grace" on a double jap-slapped& almost down fer the count dick the bruiser,,,arms& knees held back in classic halo parachutist style ,,,lest an appendage contacting the turf negate a single iota away from the intended punishment,,,NOW,,,since he's not their haunting nightmare no more? The League wants to suddenly address Q.B. PROTECTION.

*all those bass turds involved need stabbed in their swinging counter weights integral to their clocks operation,,, er,,, whilst exiting church:angry:
Had Romo stayed healthy no telling what he could have done.

jnday

Reaction score
Well depends on if you're talking about healthy and in his prime Romo or the end of his career Romo. Eitherway i don't see much of a drop off and some could argue a increase. If talking about just passing the ball, then no Dak isn't there yet but is getting there.
You have lost your mind! Romo was a very good QB, especially after he quit trying to do too much and stopped the late game interceptions. If it wasn’t for injury, Romo would have been easily one of the top five QBs in the league. Compare that to Dak , who can’t even make all the throws that a decent QB at the pro level should be able to make. Romo was no dink and dunk QB. He was actually capable of making back shoulder throws and other passes downfield on a consistent basis. Either you are crazy or you are trolling to even compare the two QBs.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You have lost your mind! Romo was a very good QB, especially after he quit trying to do too much and stopped the late game interceptions. If it wasn’t for injury, Romo would have been easily one of the top five QBs in the league. Compare that to Dak , who can’t even make all the throws that a decent QB at the pro level should be able to make. Romo was no dink and dunk QB. He was actually capable of making back shoulder throws and other passes downfield on a consistent basis. Either you are crazy or you are trolling to even compare the two QBs.
Romo couldn't even take a hit without suffering an injury but I'm the crazy one. Learn to read the complete comment before posting as i clearly said prime healthy Romo or end of career Romo. Dak isn't a drop off from injury prone Romo otherwise we would go 1-11 again. Stop getting triggered and your panties in a wad.

Melonfeud

Reaction score

Romo couldn't even take a hit without suffering an injury but I'm the crazy one. Learn to read the complete comment before posting as i clearly said prime healthy Romo or end of career Romo. Dak isn't a drop off from injury prone Romo otherwise we would go 1-11 again. Stop getting triggered and your panties in a wad.

Man, ever since the Troutster Attempted to dump a double ration of grief upon me for bestowing my ultra-rare, to on the edge of wetness EPIC "likes" I chose to dispense?,,,it's strangely odd to when my fellows of the forum ,whom I deem of equal meritorious perceived qualities in the comeradire category of coolness start twisting off on each other,,, er,,,although, I am well past that drink to an induced stupor point milepost for the day& we prolly wouldn't like each other in face to face& day to day affairs anyway?,,,so PPHHFFFFFTTTtttttff!

:lmao::angry::lmao:

:thumbup:o_O:thumbup:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I said it wasn't that bad a game for him. Why do you repeat what I said and expect to be rewarded as if it was some kind of revelation?

The Rams figuring out our game plan is a matter of fact and it got Scott Linehan fired. You denying this fact that everyone one else acknowledges only shows your ignorance in the matter.

Not sure what part of the game you are talking about... hitting two of three wide open receivers. The Cowboys had scored on their previous possession and Dak had just picked up a 20-yard completion to tight end Dalton Schultz. After a first-down run by Ezekiel Elliott of just 3 yards, the Cowboys looked to pop a big play on a quick screen to Austin. But he was swarmed for a 2-yard loss. On third down, Dak threw an incomplete pass and that began a streak of four straight series without points. Are you blaming Dak for that spiral down hill?

I suggest the very same thing about you.

...and now you suck at math. The pace Dak is on is 10+ wins per season.

Again you seems to have a problem with cold facts. Dak is credited for 32 wins in his first 3 seasons as a Cowboy? He owns his 16 loses as well. Scott Linehan's firing was never publicly pin pointed to any specific thing but its obvious one of his failings was his predictable game plans and inability to make adjustments when needed. Yes, I'm saying that's what got him fired.
You misunderstood my first point. It wasn't a bad game for Dak because it was his usual very average game where he failed to capitalize on many good opportunities.

The game plan was predictable all season. Maybe because the QB can't handle anything more complex?

Dak's trend is toward .500 seasons. 2016 is appearing to be an anomaly.

You're not paying attention or understanding what's being said.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
Just a question and maybe a show of hands. Has anyone changed their position on Dak Prescott with all of these threads about him? Anyone?

And it is not accurate to say he is an inaccurate passer. He is an inconsistent passer and misses some QB 101 passes, that does not show up in any stats, just the eye test. And they all miss passes but some of the ones he misses are the same type ones he missed in college. And maybe he will get better, I just haven't seen that yet.
He continues to miss "those" passes and will always miss "those" passes. The passes you are talking about (I think) are touch passes, "dropping it in the bucket" as they say. He completes about 1 or 2 of 10 of those and the ones he misses he misses badly. He's a helluva athlete, courageous, and strong, BUT not a top tier NFL QB. I don't know if he ever will be, but he's probably on the worst team to find out about that. His QB Coach is who? OC is what? and well, the Owner/Pres/GM(Alt HC) is the big clown himself, so...........

HungryLion

Reaction score
You misunderstood my first point. It wasn't a bad game for Dak because it was his usual very average game where he failed to capitalize on many good opportunities.

The game plan was predictable all season. Maybe because the QB can't handle anything more complex?

The trend is not toward .500 seasons. The record improved this past season, from the prior season. Neither of which was a .500 season. In order to be trending down, the most recent season, would need a lower record than the season before it.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The trend is not toward .500 seasons. The record improved this past season, from the prior season. Neither of which was a .500 season. In order to be trending down, the most recent season, would need a lower record than the season before it.
Anymore nits you want to pick?
The offense is trending down in points scored.

Go defense!

HungryLion

Reaction score
Anymore nits you want to pick?
The offense is trending down in points scored.

Go defense!

It’s not nitpicking. Just pointing out something glaringly obvious.

The offense also improved as the season went on last season. Therefore, it also isn’t trending down. It had a 16 game downswing. But it’s actually trending up the past 8 games.

Somebody arguing against your point, because it doesn’t make sense, isn’t nitpicking.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Apparently, we need a 4th full season with Dak at QB to prove whether he is trending up or down.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Nobody is saying a player doesn't need players around them, but to play at an acceptable level you need near perfection around you is a problem.

Can you show me Dak's numbers when he lost Smith and Elliott in 2017. Was that acceptable form of play for losing only 2 players?
Not accurate, many are suggesting that very idea. Whether you choose to ignore it is on you. There's plenty just in this thread.
Also, you're opinion on what is "acceptable" is conjecture. If you put THAT much emphasis on a young QB who isn't an elite passer than I don't know what to tell you. You'll never be happy. Which is typically the case in regard to Prescott.

It's really simple. When a QB loses or doesn't have play-makers around him there's a reasonable chance he will have a harder time. This idea that he should "carry the team" is BS. It's a team game.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
How much of a drop off is it from Romo compared to Dak. Other than experience..
Here's the thing that keeps going round and round. His regular season performance. Not many are appreciating how well he played in the post season for a young guy. That is what matters to me. Romo, in his 1st three seasons didn't exactly give me goosebumps in the playoffs. Forget that he sat for 3 years, his 1st playoff game killed the season. And 2007 always gets blamed on the team and not him.
Prescott actually did a pretty good job.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
and you think losing arguably the best left tackle and running back in the league is no big deal. "only 2 players?"
The O line as a whole didn't play that great. And the defense was also not that special. I also remember Bryant hindering things. Plus, Prescott struggled. Hard to overcome all of that.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It’s not nitpicking. Just pointing out something glaringly obvious.

The offense also improved as the season went on last season. Therefore, it also isn’t trending down. It had a 16 game downswing. But it’s actually trending up the past 8 games.

Somebody arguing against your point, because it doesn’t make sense, isn’t nitpicking.
Not to pick nits but offensive point production had gone down every year the last three.

Thankfully the defense has held the fort.

After the fantastic 2016 season, games won fell off. A one game swing between years two and three, I suppose, is technically not trending down but the reality is it has been nowhere near as successful as year one. Hardly a significant upward trend. Closer to a flatline. Factoring in the improvement in the defense and given the downward trend in points production it is difficult to assign the one game swing to the offense.

Nit picking the technicalities or not, it is difficult for me to see any significant improvement in the offense. I do understand the hurdles the offense has faced, just like most teams have to face. I do also see however, the plays that are there which are not taken advantage of and the lack of execution on too many others.

It's that last statement that makes it difficult for me to just blame everyone but Dak.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Not to pick nits but offensive point production had gone down every year the last three.

Thankfully the defense has held the fort.

After the fantastic 2016 season, games won fell off. A one game swing between years two and three, I suppose, is technically not trending down but the reality is it has been nowhere near as successful as year one. Hardly a significant upward trend. Closer to a flatline. Factoring in the improvement in the defense and given the downward trend in points production it is difficult to assign the one game swing to the offense.

Nit picking the technicalities or not, it is difficult for me to see any significant improvement in the offense. I do understand the hurdles the offense has faced, just like most teams have to face. I do also see however, the plays that are there which are not taken advantage of and the lack of execution on too many others.

It's that last statement that makes it difficult for me to just blame everyone but Dak.

Offensive production did go down if you look at the entire season. It did. Although if you break it down further the offense did improve in point scored over he course of this past season. So it’s hard to say the offense was continuing a downward trend at the end of the season.

Either way, I was originally commenting about you saying the record trend was going toward .500.