The myth of Dak compared to reality

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The trend is not toward .500 seasons. The record improved this past season, from the prior season. Neither of which was a .500 season. In order to be trending down, the most recent season, would need a lower record than the season before it.

Its pretty simple. As the Oline goes so does the Cowboys. Cant be any more obvious then that.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
However, I will be the first to say that it wasn't Romo's fault. As with any QB, he is reliant on the talent and coaching around him.
He had some good teams though. I think the biggest weakness has been coaching. We have a ton of talent now, let's hope we finally get over the hump.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He had some good teams though. I think the biggest weakness has been coaching. We have a ton of talent now, let's hope we finally get over the hump.

If everyone stays healthy on offense we should roll. At this point, we are basically rolling out the same defense as last year.

The offense is going to depend on the Oline. That's been obvious the last 3 years.

And yah, coaching is our biggest weakness

jnday

Reaction score
Romo couldn't even take a hit without suffering an injury but I'm the crazy one. Learn to read the complete comment before posting as i clearly said prime healthy Romo or end of career Romo. Dak isn't a drop off from injury prone Romo otherwise we would go 1-11 again. Stop getting triggered and your panties in a wad.
Don’t begin to think that you are capable of wading panties. Romo got better with age and was playing at the top of his game after he matured enough to not try to gamble so much late in games which caused the late game turnovers. Romo’s injuries did not take away the fact that he was a much better passer and he had great pocket presence. He was also much better at reading defenses and he was an extremely smart QB as anyone can tell from watching him analyze games.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If everyone stays healthy on offense we should roll. At this point, we are basically rolling out the same defense as last year.

The offense is going to depend on the Oline. That's been obvious the last 3 years.

And yah, coaching is our biggest weakness
Well Robert Quinn is a huge upgrade to our defense.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Don’t begin to think that you are capable of wading panties. Romo got better with age and was playing at the top of his game after he matured enough to not try to gamble so much late in games which caused the late game turnovers. Romo’s injuries did not take away the fact that he was a much better passer and he had great pocket presence. He was also much better at reading defenses and he was an extremely smart QB as anyone can tell from watching him analyze games.
I see you still haven't comprehended my entire comment yet, even after a day or two. Keep trying you might understand it if you read it more slowly.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
All he does is replace Gregory. In fact, I would rather have Gregory.
I wouldn't and I'm a huge Gregory fan. Quinn leads the league in beating his man. Gregory hasn't reached his ceiling so for the future maybe but right now hell no. Good thing is we have both so it doesn't matter.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I wouldn't and I'm a huge Gregory fan. Quinn leads the league in beating his man. Gregory hasn't reached his ceiling so for the future maybe but right now hell no. Good thing is we have both so it doesn't matter.

Beating his man? LOL

Never heard of that stat before. I found it funny when I saw it. If he led the league in beating his man, then why did he only have 8.5 sacks? Did you also read the part where they said he was bad against the run?

Gregory was a young stud that was just beginning to hit his stride. Quinn is an aging situational pass rusher. Believe me, Im glad to have Quinn, but in reality, its just a wash if anything.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Beating his man? LOL

Never heard of that stat before. I found it funny when I saw it. If he led the league in beating his man, then why did he only have 8.5 sacks? Did you also read the part where they said he was bad against the run?

Gregory was a young stud that was just beginning to hit his stride. Quinn is an aging situational pass rusher. Believe me, Im glad to have Quinn, but in reality, its just a wash if anything.
Too bad Gregory hasn't gotten 8.5 sacks. I'm not saying i dislike Gregory because i defend him constantly but Quinn is a upgrade and its not even close. If I'm not mistaken Miami plays a 3-4 now and that would have had Quinn playing out of position.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Too bad Gregory hasn't gotten 8.5 sacks. I'm not saying i dislike Gregory because i defend him constantly but Quinn is a upgrade and its not even close. If I'm not mistaken Miami plays a 3-4 now and that would have had Quinn playing out of position.

Yah, I guess you are entitled to your opinion. Ill take Gregory. And like I said, Quinn is weak against the run, which Gregory is not.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
what? Scott was good enough for the other guy and was super Dak's first year, and Garrett was COY, but when the rest of the NFL figured out Dak, it's the coaches who suck?
What's a coach suppose to do with a below average qb with a big heart? Who's going to invent a system to fix him?
Only way I see a Dak Dilfer doing great is to have a great defense and a great running game. So let's sign him for a record signing and watch the good players disappear..

Swagger

Reaction score
what? Scott was good enough for the other guy and was super Dak's first year, and Garrett was COY, but when the rest of the NFL figured out Dak, it's the coaches who suck?
What's a coach suppose to do with a below average qb with a big heart? Who's going to invent a system to fix him?
Only way I see a Dak Dilfer doing great is to have a great defense and a great running game. So let's sign him for a record signing and watch the good players disappear..
Fair comparison.

Dak is like a hybrid of Trent Dilfer and Brian Hoyer but with wheels. Apparently that's worth $30 million a season these days