The new “blah, blah, blah” voice of this team

kskboys

Reaction score
Good point and with no accountability at the GM position.....how does it get measured anyway...."you have 5 years to win.....then i'm gonna give you another 5 years to win...well here is another....

Thats the hardest part for me is they aren't idiots they just refuse to do what they need to do because of ego...hire a damn GM and hold him accountable....
Yeah, as Bobby Hays says, that in itself makes them idiots.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To add, he hired a completely unqualified GM and insists on keeping the GM in charge after years of doing a horrific job. No, that man does not want to win.
He's already won. If demanding my team actually win to justify my fanhood, I would have left this one a long time ago.

As fans, we need to hope they get lucky or as they once said "it's their turn", just one of the dumb things they've said. They were commenting on the surprise teams and haven't a clue how they became that so it just had to be their turn.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Doesn’t that kind of make you an idiot if you refuse to do what they need to do to win? Especially for one quarter of a century.

Yeah it does.....its the notion that they own the team so i hold out hope.....lol

kskboys

Reaction score
Stephen may be able to replace Jerry Jones, the man that is his father. However, he could never replace the wisdom.

How could anyone ever expect Stephen to espouse such timeless quotes as the following Jerry Jones's classics:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Emmitt Smith is a luxury, not a necessity for the Cowboys," - When told that Emmitt was holding out at the beginning of the 93 season. The Cowboys would lose their first two games causing Charles Haley to throw his helmet up against the wall and demand that Emmitt be signed....which Jerry promptly did. Hey, nobody is that dumb. The Cowboys would ultimately end up in the Super Bowl with Emmitt as the MVP.

"I have to be a realist, I hadn't thought or hoped that we'd be sitting here after the sixth game making these adjustments. … I did not want to this year go to an inexperienced quarterback. I wanted to have the benefit of Drew Bledsoe. It hasn't worked out as of today. It just hasn't worked out. That to me is a step back." - Jerry's reaction to Bill Parcell's decision to bench Drew Bledsoe and replace him with Tony Romo making that game Tony's first NFL start

"I'm still so damn mad at Stephen, I get madder, every day, about missin' (Manziel). There's only one thing I wanna say -- I'd have never bought the Cowboys had I made the kinda decision that I just made right now, You need to drive across the water rather than lay up. And we laid up for this one. ... We just didn't get here makin' this kind of decision. I listened to everybody... and I'm ... not ... happy ..." - Jerry's reaction to not drafting Johnny Manziel

"If we had picked Manziel, he'd guarantee our relevance for 10 years." - Ditto

"He has the potential to be the kind of back that would step in there and be a No. 1 back, If he were not here, then I wouldn’t feel as good as we go into the season about what might happen." - Jerry's explanation as to why he didn't resign last NFL season's leading rusher and new Cowboy record holder for most rushing yards in a season. He had "Klepto Joe" Randle....who was cut before the end of the season after committing his third felony.

"This quarterback Weeden can drive the ball down field. He's a thing of beauty on throwing a football. His passing motion and his arm, frankly, you won't see a more gifted passer, power, accuracy, the entire aspect of it" - describing the quality backup QB he signed in the offseason. Tony Romo did go down with an injury and Weeden replaced him for three games....all losses. Weeden was promptly replaced.

“Would you get embarrassed if you were standing in this stadium? Seriously? The answer is no.” In 2015 Jerry was asked if he felt embarrassed by the Cowboys 4-12 performance after going 12-4 the previous season. This told fans everything they wanted to know about Jerry Jones's priorities."

"There are 500 coaches who could have won the Super Bowl with our team." - A statement he made prior to Jimmy Jonson's departure. After the Cowboys lost to the 49ers the following season, many began to wonder why Jerry hired Coach #501.

"The only way to break out is to gamble – take a chance with that first pick if you wanna dramatically improve your team." - Jerry describing his brilliant drafting philosophy in the 1st round. Screw research, analysis, and team needs, just roll the dice! Of course, this bold strategy was vacationing in the Bahamas the year Jerry passed over Randy Moss.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What can I say, Stephen.......dare to dream.
I think you should add the one where he states that you don't need a good OL if you have a mobile QB!!!!

(Well done!!!)

kskboys

Reaction score
Lol! Remember the special teams draft? Acquiring a cold weather kicker? Its entertaining but who can talk this team seriously w the arkansas hillbilly & son at the helm?
Yeah, but you gotta understand, there was no one left worth drafting at our draft slot at 51. No one like Paul Kruger, Andy Levitre, Michael Johnson, TJ Lang, Glover Quin, Terrance Knighton, Will Beatty, Louis Murphy, LeSean McCoy, Mike Wallace, no, no one like that was there at 51.

Praxit

Reaction score
...well, they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Jerry simply conjured bonehead talk, sometimes baseless to real facts. Hopefully, Stephen wont have such bad luck.

cern

Reaction score
Jerry has always wanted to win. He just didn't know how. Finally, after a quarter century of failure, he's turned the reins over to stephen. It's hard to argue we haven't assembled a good team and a good staff. I wouldn't be surprised to find out Jerry's absence is related to health problems.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Stephen may be able to replace Jerry Jones, the man that is his father. However, he could never replace the wisdom.

How could anyone ever expect Stephen to espouse such timeless quotes as the following Jerry Jones's classics:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Emmitt Smith is a luxury, not a necessity for the Cowboys," - When told that Emmitt was holding out at the beginning of the 93 season. The Cowboys would lose their first two games causing Charles Haley to throw his helmet up against the wall and demand that Emmitt be signed....which Jerry promptly did. Hey, nobody is that dumb. The Cowboys would ultimately end up in the Super Bowl with Emmitt as the MVP.

"I have to be a realist, I hadn't thought or hoped that we'd be sitting here after the sixth game making these adjustments. … I did not want to this year go to an inexperienced quarterback. I wanted to have the benefit of Drew Bledsoe. It hasn't worked out as of today. It just hasn't worked out. That to me is a step back." - Jerry's reaction to Bill Parcell's decision to bench Drew Bledsoe and replace him with Tony Romo making that game Tony's first NFL start

"I'm still so damn mad at Stephen, I get madder, every day, about missin' (Manziel). There's only one thing I wanna say -- I'd have never bought the Cowboys had I made the kinda decision that I just made right now, You need to drive across the water rather than lay up. And we laid up for this one. ... We just didn't get here makin' this kind of decision. I listened to everybody... and I'm ... not ... happy ..." - Jerry's reaction to not drafting Johnny Manziel

"If we had picked Manziel, he'd guarantee our relevance for 10 years." - Ditto

"He has the potential to be the kind of back that would step in there and be a No. 1 back, If he were not here, then I wouldn’t feel as good as we go into the season about what might happen." - Jerry's explanation as to why he didn't resign last NFL season's leading rusher and new Cowboy record holder for most rushing yards in a season. He had "Klepto Joe" Randle....who was cut before the end of the season after committing his third felony.

"This quarterback Weeden can drive the ball down field. He's a thing of beauty on throwing a football. His passing motion and his arm, frankly, you won't see a more gifted passer, power, accuracy, the entire aspect of it" - describing the quality backup QB he signed in the offseason. Tony Romo did go down with an injury and Weeden replaced him for three games....all losses. Weeden was promptly replaced.

“Would you get embarrassed if you were standing in this stadium? Seriously? The answer is no.” In 2015 Jerry was asked if he felt embarrassed by the Cowboys 4-12 performance after going 12-4 the previous season. This told fans everything they wanted to know about Jerry Jones's priorities."

"There are 500 coaches who could have won the Super Bowl with our team." - A statement he made prior to Jimmy Jonson's departure. After the Cowboys lost to the 49ers the following season, many began to wonder why Jerry hired Coach #501.

"The only way to break out is to gamble – take a chance with that first pick if you wanna dramatically improve your team." - Jerry describing his brilliant drafting philosophy in the 1st round. Screw research, analysis, and team needs, just roll the dice! Of course, this bold strategy was vacationing in the Bahamas the year Jerry passed over Randy Moss.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What can I say, Stephen.......dare to dream.
You are my favorite poster.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry has always wanted to win. He just didn't know how. Finally, after a quarter century of failure, he's turned the reins over to stephen. It's hard to argue we haven't assembled a good team and a good staff. I wouldn't be surprised to find out Jerry's absence is related to health problems.
No, he knew how, he just refused to do it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He's already won. If demanding my team actually win to justify my fanhood, I would have left this one a long time ago.

As fans, we need to hope they get lucky or as they once said "it's their turn", just one of the dumb things they've said. They were commenting on the surprise teams and haven't a clue how they became that so it just had to be their turn.
My hope has resided in our talent. And why I’ve often argued we needed more Elite at key positions like QB in order to have a better opportunity to overcome the obstacles our ownership presents.

Beyond that I’m a fan basically without hope. Apathetic.

But for 60 minutes 16 weeks a year I still tune in. They’re my local team. I’ll watch. It’s the regionally televised game :)

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, he knew how, he just refused to do it.
Yea. Like we’ve always said. Only interested in winning his way. If he’s not involved or the face of the franchise he’s not interested . And why he ran off Jimmy.

Some fans need to believe in something though or they lose interest. Some even want to believe he’s not as involved. That gives them more hope. But hope isn’t needed to follow. Winning just makes it more fun.

ArtClink

Reaction score
He underestimated the value of coaching. That was his major flaw.

A powerful, credentialed hc is intimidating for the fuhrer. He must be "comfortable" which is why we have seen the zero power figure head coaches like Wade and Garrot Top.

But, no that is not Jerrys archilles heel, its the insistance to perch himself at the top of the organization and have everyone report to him. Winning organizations (ie not us) have a power hierachy that is a pyramid. The Jerry model of power is not a pyramid, its a spoke and wheel where jerry and sj are the hub and everyone in the org reports to them. No one else has power but the Jones boys.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
A powerful, credentialed hc is intimidating for the fuhrer. He must be "comfortable" which is why we have seen the zero power figure head coaches like Wade and Garrot Top.

But, no that is not Jerrys archilles heel, its the insistance to perch himself at the top of the organization and have everyone report to him. Winning organizations (ie not us) have a power hierachy that is a pyramid. The Jerry model of power is not a pyramid, its a spoke and wheel where jerry and sj are the hub and everyone in the org reports to them. No one else has power but the Jones boys.
And we had a legit HC in Parcells. Jerry undermined Bill as well running him off . 25 years hasn’t been long enough for some. Maybe 30 or 40 will be.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
He underestimated the value of coaching. That was his major flaw.
And also the value of a GM who knows what he's doing.

However, unless Jerry is truly "challenged", he knew a competent coach and GM w/ a plan is what it takes to win. This was blatantly in front of his face, and the fans have been screaming it for years. There's simply no way he didn't know.