The New DL-McCoy, Dontari, Gregory, Irving, Hill, Woods is bad

garyv

Reaction score
Irving is NOT coming back to the Cowboys. Don't curse us by even thinking about that.

I see Gregory back but not Irving. I think besides smoking pot Gregory was a good teammate. What I have read Irving showed up when he wanted and
missed when he wanted too so I think they view a big difference between Gregory and Irving

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Meh not really excited about the dl. Hopefully it's way better than I expect.
Just think if Bennett would return.

I think the fact he and Quinn did so well at budget prices really made the Cowboys dig deeper this year.

Don't think they are done yet. Still lots of cap left.

Flamma

Reaction score
Irving? Dude is probably morbidly obese smoking weed surrounded by cats. He's not coming back.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Irving is NOT coming back to the Cowboys. Don't curse us by even thinking about that.
He was streaming on twitch a few nights ago and someone asked him about coming back to Dallas.

He basically said Dallas hasn't shown any interest and that the only team that has shown strong interest is the Raiders

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I might agree with you if they were two promising young DTs that we just drafted instead of two aging veterans that got trampled last year. I don't hate the signings. The problem with them is the fact that they are immediately penciled in as starters and saviors when their best football is clearly behind them. They should be viewed as good veteran depth.

I'd much rather have the two veterans getting close to the ends of their careers than our usual fodder — young castoffs from other teams who are decent backups at best or questionable draft choices where we hope to strike it rich.

I think the veteran presence will be good for a relatively young team as long neither Poe nor McCoy hit the proverbial wall. It's nice to see us add a couple of guys who know how it should be done.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I like our defensive front line so far. As for the Oline minus an injury we should also be ok. This line at it's best was never the 90's line and IMO at times over rated. We'll be just fine with new schemes that won't be so readily known about before we even snap the ball.

CCBoy

Reaction score
gettyimages-497302208.jpg

DE Aldon Smith , 1 yr - $2M | Comp pick impact | GRADE: A | Word is he's hulked up to 290 pounds, which means he can backup base end or slide inside to 3-Tech and wreak interior havoc. No financial risk if he doesn't make it.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
He was streaming on twitch a few nights ago and someone asked him about coming back to Dallas.

He basically said Dallas hasn't shown any interest and that the only team that has shown strong interest is the Raiders
* Woo-Hoo, and woe be unto us ,the Cowboys fan faithful, if AND whenever , WE gotta' square off against that shadowed POWERHOUSE O' POTENTIAL POWERHOUSED PUNISHMENT PAYBACK, PUNISHMENT PAY BACK & LASTLY ,JUST PLAIN O' PUNISHMENT!!! That the RAIDERS have schemed & fixin' to have in there "magic bag o' beans" fer' us,,,just saying:starspin:

o_O

blueblood70

Reaction score
Now is this what. Is about to happen?

And if we take a DL high in the Draft..

this place is going to erupt.

Suddenly..

Our OL may not be as good as our DL.

What do you guys think?

I forgot we need to add Tank.

This is alot of Pro Bowls between them, Bros.

Comments?

did you mean to end that with BAD ***? AZZ *** because saying rhey are bad seems wrong..

we will consider a DT/DE at 17 but im betting a premium day 1 starting CB is first choice, then DT, then DE but if all our faves are gone a WR..

2nd round Safety- great spots for safetys
3rd round WR if w dint take one at 17 so then a CB still needed
4th QB Jhurts surprise!
5-7 take a LB, swing tackle, more DBs and a punter..

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
* considering the bringing of OAKLAND eastwards in an "geographical jump" the evil hand at the helm guiding the N.F.L.'s future trajectories,,,man alive,,, there gonna be getting it all there way,SAN FRANCISCO STYLE, for the foreseeable short term future ( ,,,er,,,if there even is one, w/ social distancing,,,DURRR!!!):popcorn:

DCwarrior

Reaction score
We added a couple of DTs who contributed to the Panthers fourth worst rushing defense last season. Both McCoy and Poe are past their primes. The only real positive is they bring size to our DL. They’re bridge players who may not be here very long. DT is still a position we need to look at in the draft. As for Gregory he hasn’t even been reinstated. The Cowboys haven’t seen him in a year. I certainly wouldn’t be counting on him. As for DLaw he didn’t bother to even show up after getting paid last season. As for Irving the Cowboys aren’t bringing him back. He quit because pot was more important to him than football and only wants to return to football because of the new softer policy on pot. The jury is out on the DL until we see this group together in games. Anyone assuming we fixed everything upfront better tap the brakes.
The Panthers run D was crap because they were losing a lot a teams were running out the clock with big leads. I have high hopes for McCoy and Poe. I’m not saying all pro level but certainly better than what we had.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
did you mean to end that with BAD ***? AZZ *** because saying rhey are bad seems wrong..

we will consider a DT/DE at 17 but im betting a premium day 1 starting CB is first choice, then DT, then DE but if all our faves are gone a WR..

2nd round Safety- great spots for safetys
3rd round WR if w dint take one at 17 so then a CB still needed
4th QB Jhurts surprise!
5-7 take a LB, swing tackle, more DBs and a punter..
I meant 'Bad' as in really good.

Sorry.

Was in a hurry to post that.

Should have proofed it better.

:thumbup:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Panthers run D was crap because they were losing a lot a teams were running out the clock with big leads. I have high hopes for McCoy and Poe. I’m not saying all pro level but certainly better than what we had.

Whatever the excuse was the Panthers moved on from them. There was a discussion about Poe on NFL Network after the season and they said he disappeared late in the year and didn’t show up. We’ll find out if they’re better than what we had.

quickccc

Reaction score
The first and leading thing that just HAD to happen for us to get anywhere near better was ..making the changes to get Marinelli's aazzz outta here:

we totally had to change how we play defense upfront - size, preference, scheme, sub-packages, much better gap and rush discipline.

- we got "out physical " from Marinelli regime, he preferred movement and stopping the run on the way to the QB, he wanted quick twitch
over physical size and muscle.
- we were not equipped to clog up lanes to better help the flow to our LBs under what Marinelli wanted/preferred.
- it was Rod's preference for "length" and " prototype" that led to bypassing TJ Watt and instead making the influential preferred pick for bust Taco Charleton
Watt is now one of the leagues best defensive players, while Taco was eventually cut from the team.
Now imagine his newfound wish for more size-length when we drafted 237 pound randy gregory to be a 4-3 DE.
- Rod had low regard for 1 tech role. He thought they were interchangeable and he could get a bargain 1 tech low in draft or street vet FA.
- Rod had some odd sub-package rotations that saw his best DL players on the side line in red zone situations
Dlaw and Quinn could be seen on the sidelines with opposing teams in striking scoring situations.

- The 2nd thing was replacing Marinelli with a more well reputed DL coach in Jim Tomsula, as well as a regarded DC in Mike Nolan.

- Now its' a matter of Stephen/McClay supplying the player personnel unit that gives these coaches the best chance to succeed.
McCoy, Poe, Alden Smith are the early additions, who knows how the draft will further impact the current add ons, and its' clear that the
team will be counting heavily on talented but troubled age 27 old Randy gregory making another comeback while not having to
worry about suspensions under the new CBA policy.

- The previous trio are household names but they are also past performers, not current pro bowl main stays. its a gamble to see these 30 year agers
still have something left in the tank. :rolleyes: