The NFC East will be a tougher Division in 2020!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DandyDon52, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

3,940 Messages
    5,045 Likes Received

And the Skins have a very good front seven. We'll see how Haskins develops?

2. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

40,349 Messages
    59,191 Likes Received
    Still won 9 games despite being killed by injuries. They were literally running WRs out there they picked off the streets at the end of the year.

If they can stay healthy, they will be a threat in 2020 for the division.

DandyDon52 likes this.
  3. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

30,292 Messages
    23,071 Likes Received
    That’s what it’s going to come down to. I don’t think he has to be a star they just need him not to beat them.

I’m telling you those are that think these teams won’t contend for the NFC title are going to be sadly mistaken. It’s going to come down to week 16 or 17.

4. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member

5,291 Messages
    4,547 Likes Received
    Skins still have Haskins and the Giants have Garrett, so once again we're primed for an easy playoff appearance. It's going to take some awful players on this team to screw this up again in 2020.

5. rocyaice

30,292 Messages
    23,071 Likes Received
    In regards to the Eagles some of those injuries were addition by subtraction. No one can tell me Jordan Howard is better than Miles Sanders and Boston Scott. And Ertz and Dallas are better than anything they have at receiver. They deserve praise for what they did. But I do agree we lost it. They lost to the Dolphins and we still couldn’t gain much ground on them. Just embarrassing.

6. rocyaice

30,292 Messages
    23,071 Likes Received
    Garrett is not their head coach. And Skins have so much more than Haskins I don’t know what you’re talking about.

DandyDon52 likes this.
  7. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

2,131 Messages
    3,152 Likes Received
    I mean no one really scares me I’m in the camp that believes the NFCEast is extremely winnable this year, the opposite of the OP.

I can see Rivera definitely revamping this team in a few years and making them a hard nosed tough bunch. But there are just too many holes for one offseason to fix.

Their D-line is set but they’re gonna double down and draft a DE which makes 0 sense to me. I get that Kerrigan is on his last year, but a pass rush has never been that teams issue. Shoot they had Preston Smith a few years back and replaced him with Montez Sweat. Doubling down on your most talented position group with a pick that could be traded for a haul is stupid to me. How much better is Chase Young gonna be than 11.5 sack Kerrigan? Will there be enough of a gap to justify using the #2 overall pick on him?

They need corners bad, they need another S, they need multiple LB’s. Why spend a top 3 pick on a position group you have invested incredible resources into when you have so many holes? If Ron trades back and picks up a few picks and they sign a few FA’s then I’ll sit up. If they overpay for marginal stopgap players and take Young at #2 then it’s the same ol skins in my eyes.

8. Future

Future Intramural Legend

23,419 Messages
    9,783 Likes Received
    They had those guys and couldn't throw the ball so it's not a very good point. They only scored 9 points against Seattle.

They suck, and they will suck next year too without a major talent overhaul on both sides of the ball. People look at records too much. Going 9-7 against that schedule isn't an accomplishment.

The only way they are a threat to Dallas is if Dallas underachieves. Same as this year.

rocyaice likes this.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

96,112 Messages
    22,107 Likes Received
    I tend not to focus on the other teams as much as I do on what Cowboys need to do to improve themselves. I would not doubt Washington and or NY will be better but I think Cowboys can only control what they do and if they take care of their business this off season I expect us to improve

10. rocyaice

30,292 Messages
    23,071 Likes Received
    That defensive line is about to be scary good.

11. Future

Future Intramural Legend

23,419 Messages
    9,783 Likes Received
    They finished 25th in pass rush win rate. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...s-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

That DL is wildly overrated.

12. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member

5,291 Messages
    4,547 Likes Received
    obviously...

But as for the skins they have Haskins handling the ball every down. I trust he'll help them finish in last place

13. rocyaice

30,292 Messages
    23,071 Likes Received
    You don’t think they will hand the ball of to Guice and Ap? You think Ron Rivera is going to throw it 40 times a game and not rely on his defense?

14. rocyaice

30,292 Messages
    23,071 Likes Received
  15. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

2,772 Messages
    1,697 Likes Received
    Considering how bad it was that's not saying much

16. CowboysRule

CowboysRule Well-Known Member

1,018 Messages
    2,046 Likes Received
    Romo was the best QB for Garrett because he usually changed the play at the LOS. :laugh:

17. Jake0

Jake0 Well-Known Member

934 Messages
    363 Likes Received
    NYG and Washington are developing young talent and have premium picks coming up in the draft. They are going to bring in some instant impact players no doubt.

They will be problems sooner than most think I'm pretty sure.

DandyDon52 likes this.
  18. Point-of-the-Star

Point-of-the-Star Well-Known Member

998 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    The injuries are a result of an aging team. Now they'll be a year older. They have an extremely injury prone QB. They have a really good coach and some coordinator turnover.

I see them roughly where they were this year.

19. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

20,485 Messages
    48,011 Likes Received
    Probably because they had the easier schedule. I don't think Wentz would have beaten the Rams nor the Saints. I'm glad they won the division because it benefited the Cowboys. Garrett gone/easier schedule.

I just don't see Wentz being a threat any longer. He's only beaten Dak twice. He's been regressing.

20. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

18,019 Messages
    15,697 Likes Received
    Funny that’s what folks were saying last year.