The NFC East will be a tougher Division in 2020!

blueblood70

Reaction score
3 of the 4 teams got new HC and staffs, and Phil had a good HC already, so it is going to be a different division.

Washington got Rivera, who is stuck with haskins at QB, but maybe he can develop him, if so it is going to be
a vastly different Commander team, no easy wins for Dallas there.

NYG got Judge, a young eager HC, and the great OC Jason Garrett !! :laugh:
But I still expect them to be way better because Judge could be and I have a feeling he will be way better
HC than what they have had since Coughlin left.

Also JG is doing what he loves again calling plays, and you know he wants to beat dallas, and I think
he will be better at OC now than what he was early on in Dallas.

Why? Being fired can motivate, and he did learn from his dallas years, and most of all
I think Jones as QB suits JG's style of offense better than Romo or Dak.
He has a top RB, and did learn how to use the run game in dallas.
So I dont think Cowboys can plan on sweeping the giants or Commanders this year.

Phil has a good defense, but need to fix some things on offense, or they could find themselves out of it .
Even so I figure they might still be better this coming season, have to wait and see if they get a RB,
and what they do at WR.

Dallas New HC and mostly all new staff, and new approach, they have to be better.
Last year most of their wins came from beating these div teams, I think 5 of the 8 wins lol, so
they cant count on that this season.
Even so I expect them to contend for Div title, which will mean more than in years past.

I think the Div games will be tougher to win this season, with all the new HC's trying to win these games
more so than in the past.

Mike always dominated the north division, so I think he will try to do that in the east too.

I think all this makes next season much more exciting, not only do we have a new seasoned HC,
but the Commanders do too, and as I said Judge may be good, and JG is there to advise him lol so who knows
what they will be like, but I think that JG may get their offense doing better than last year.
Then Phil, they will still be good, so I just wonder who will win the div , and who winds up at the bottom?
theres absolutely no way to predict that, could be a step back for everyone..who truly knows until you play the season?

However id welcome tougher games , its makes you a better team,..thats 3-0 start and all the weak teams we played with all the ridiculous SB talk and Daks numbers etc etc all turned out to be false..it came from playing so many bad teams that when you played the good ones , you were overconfident and ill prepred..

bring it on..

817Gill

Reaction score
I think Jones will be better than you guys think. He was highly coveted. Just because you haven’t heard much about him doesnt mean that he won’t be a good player.
It’s not the coveted part for me. Just doesn’t look special, looks like an athletic Eli. Good enough to win but not a dynamic difference maker

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I think Jones will be better than you guys think. He was highly coveted. Just because you haven’t heard much about him doesnt mean that he won’t be a good player.

I've heard he will be better than Dak, but I can't see it just yet .

75boyz

Reaction score
3 of the 4 teams got new HC and staffs, and Phil had a good HC already, so it is going to be a different division.

Washington got Rivera, who is stuck with haskins at QB, but maybe he can develop him, if so it is going to be
a vastly different Commander team, no easy wins for Dallas there.

NYG got Judge, a young eager HC, and the great OC Jason Garrett !! :laugh:
But I still expect them to be way better because Judge could be and I have a feeling he will be way better
HC than what they have had since Coughlin left.

Also JG is doing what he loves again calling plays, and you know he wants to beat dallas, and I think
he will be better at OC now than what he was early on in Dallas.

Why? Being fired can motivate, and he did learn from his dallas years, and most of all
I think Jones as QB suits JG's style of offense better than Romo or Dak.
He has a top RB, and did learn how to use the run game in dallas.
So I dont think Cowboys can plan on sweeping the giants or Commanders this year.

Phil has a good defense, but need to fix some things on offense, or they could find themselves out of it .
Even so I figure they might still be better this coming season, have to wait and see if they get a RB,
and what they do at WR.

Dallas New HC and mostly all new staff, and new approach, they have to be better.
Last year most of their wins came from beating these div teams, I think 5 of the 8 wins lol, so
they cant count on that this season.
Even so I expect them to contend for Div title, which will mean more than in years past.

I think the Div games will be tougher to win this season, with all the new HC's trying to win these games
more so than in the past.

Mike always dominated the north division, so I think he will try to do that in the east too.

I think all this makes next season much more exciting, not only do we have a new seasoned HC,
but the Commanders do too, and as I said Judge may be good, and JG is there to advise him lol so who knows
what they will be like, but I think that JG may get their offense doing better than last year.
Then Phil, they will still be good, so I just wonder who will win the div , and who winds up at the bottom?

Big determinant for a couple may be the QB play of 2nd yr starters and Left Tackle support they receive in both NY and Wash.

Solder at LT in NY is being possibly switched to RT or massive pay cut or release for his putrid play in lack of support of Jones.

The Skins gotta replace Williams at LT and see some noticeable improvement from Haskins sophomore year.

Even Philly and Dallas Left Tackles are a little blurry with Dallas's Smith and Phillys aging Peter's, but Smiths last yr health wasn't as much of a concern as in previous years.

I think Washington is a huge player in the draft. They can either get Chase Young or trade down and get an additional first for next year so that could be huge too.

Chase Young or 2 first rounders this year and next year.

Rivera will have their defense much improved I have a feeling.

Not much sold on Giants overall o-line, d line or linebackers and think those may be some progress stoppers for them until sorted.

Philly FO has historically not been afraid to assess obvious issues thru FA or draft and Pederson has proven he can already do more with less so I believe they will win the division again.

I think Dallas will look similar to last year and award a couple of extremely over priced and undeserved contracts to the detriment of the overall team and the coaching drama will be a blazing by mid season. Somewhere between 6 and 8 wins. Like T.O. said, Getcha popcorn ready.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Big determinant for a couple may be the QB play of 2nd yr starters and Left Tackle support they receive in both NY and Wash.

Solder at LT in NY is being possibly switched to RT or massive pay cut or release for his putrid play in lack of support of Jones.

The Skins gotta replace Williams at LT and see some noticeable improvement from Haskins sophomore year.

Even Philly and Dallas Left Tackles are a little blurry with Dallas's Smith and Phillys aging Peter's, but Smiths last yr health wasn't as much of a concern as in previous years.

I think Washington is a huge player in the draft. They can either get Chase Young or trade down and get an additional first for next year so that could be huge too.

Chase Young or 2 first rounders this year and next year.

Rivera will have their defense much improved I have a feeling.

Not much sold on Giants overall o-line, d line or linebackers and think those may be some progress stoppers for them until sorted.

Philly FO has historically not been afraid to assess obvious issues thru FA or draft and Pederson has proven he can already do more with less so I believe they will win the division again.

I think Dallas will look similar to last year and award a couple of extremely over priced and undeserved contracts to the detriment of the overall team and the coaching drama will be a blazing by mid season. Somewhere between 6 and 8 wins. Like T.O. said, Getcha popcorn ready.
good post , I think the draft will be more interesting too this year, because the east got the 3 new HC's.
I will be looking at who they all draft, which last year I only paid a little attention to that.
All 4 teams, the draft will be fun to watch.
It is too early to say who will win the div though, I need to see draft and FA first.

75boyz

Reaction score

Totally agree with ya bro. My amateur GM eyes ain't no better than anybody else's but if you put even a decent o line in front of him and I think he could do something. That kid is talented imo.

Can see it now when he shows up on the radar during the season and everyone will be wanting to credit Garrett for his improvement when in fact he's just a gifted passer. That should be interesting. Maybe I should sticky this post, lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As much as I despise Jerry, he gave Garrett a couple of rosters he could win with, Garrett simply lacks the ability.
He did win with them. Not sure why we thought they were better . Therein lies the core issue.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
wow , your optimistic!

Dak is better than Haskins so we should be better than them. There's your optimism. I need to see how they fillout our team in free agency, draft before i'm buying in. Its been over hyped every year for a long time. I need to see results.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Eagles won the division with popcorn vendors filling roster spots for their MASH unit, when healthy they are a serious contender. The Skins and Boys finally have NFL Caliber Head Coaches. Giants? Total question mark, but I would not bet the ranch on a special teams coach that thinks Garrett is a good hire. Definitely should be a much improved division.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I definitely expect the division to be better in 2020. Good running backs and relatively young QBs and stingy defenses.