The NFL Awaits the Arrival of Trevor Lawrence

lk8701

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/07/11/trevor-lawrence-clemson-2021-nfl-draft

Let Dak play out his rookie deal this upcoming season. Then use the franchise tag on him and trade him for draft picks in the 2021 draft. Just tank the entire 2020 season and draft Trevor Lawrence. We will have a dynasty with Lawrence on a cost controlled rookie deal for 5 years. We can also re-sign all of our young studs. I think the Cowboys would win at least 3 Super Bowls if they are fortunate enough to avoid major injuries.

lk8701

Reaction score
The Trevor sweepstakes will be huge. No way he’s coming to the Cowboys though.

The 2021 season will be brutal to watch. Rookie Lawrence will outplay 30 million dollar game manager Dak.

lk8701

Reaction score
So tank the season for a player that's never played a down in the NFL..

Elway, Manning, Luck(not his fault the Colts haven't surrounded him with enough talent), and Lawrence. Lawrence is on the exclusive guaranteed elite franchise QB list.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Let Dak play out his rookie deal this upcoming season. Then use the franchise tag on him and trade him for draft picks in the 2021 draft. Just tank the entire 2020 season and draft Trevor Lawrence. We will have a dynasty with Lawrence on a cost controlled rookie deal for 5 years. We can also re-sign all of our young studs. I think the Cowboys would win at least 3 Super Bowls if they are fortunate enough to avoid major injuries.
Yeah... this just sucks.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:facepalm: So many holes ....

No guarantee of getting Trevor Lawrence ...
No guarantee Lawrence will be as good as you think (there are more Blaine Gabbart’s than Pat Mahomes’)
Super Bowls aren’t as easy to win as you make them out to be, even with great talent.
NFL won’t allow blatantly tanking a season
Even if they did, teaching a team it’s okay to be quitters does not help a team become a winner.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The way things are playing out it will probably be the Commanders who end up that bad to draft Lawrence.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I would kill to have Trevor Lawrence but he will never be a Cowboy in a million years.

Agree. This post is just stupid. Tank the season? How the hell do you do that with this roster? Even the idiot Garrett will win 7-8 games without Dak.

Lawrence for sure is going to be great. Best freshman QB I ever saw. By a lot. What he did vs Bama was borderline legendary.

lk8701

Reaction score
:facepalm: So many holes ....

No guarantee of getting Trevor Lawrence ...
No guarantee Lawrence will be as good as you think (there are more Blaine Gabbart’s than Pat Mahomes’)
Super Bowls aren’t as easy to win as you make them out to be, even with great talent.
NFL won’t allow blatantly tanking a season
Even if they did, teaching a team it’s okay to be quitters does not help a team become a winner.

Rookie Andrew Luck led his team to an impressive 11-5 record and a playoff berth. The team finished 2-14 the previous season.

lk8701

Reaction score
Agree. This post is just stupid. Tank the season? How the hell do you do that with this roster? Even the idiot Garrett will win 7-8 games without Dak.

Lawrence for sure is going to be great. Best freshman QB I ever saw. By a lot. What he did vs Bama was borderline legendary.

Great question. I would fire JG and promote Marinelli to head coach. He already has a 0-16 season on his resume. I would then sign Jamarcus Russell to be the starting QB. This elite head coach/QB tank combination would ensure the 1st pick in the 2021 draft.