The NFL Free Agency and Trades Thread

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I don't know. I'll take the one special guy despite age if you are in "win now" mode

I wont disagree. For one year I'd probably take campbell over anyone as a FA DT right now, but that $15MM is a big number, probably what he would have gotten on the open market. Good
Pick up for the ravens, I just dont see the deal as one sided as people think at first glance.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For the $15MM price tag with Campbell you may be able to sign two free agent DTs for the same price. Not sure this is the steal people are making it out to be given the DT FA market.
And Jags probably would have cut him. Im guessing Baltimore renegotiates a deal. Basically the Jags are getting a mid round pick for a guy that would have cut. And the Ravens paid a premium to not have to negotiate on the open market.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Have fun facing a 3 man DL of Pierce, Williams and now Campbell. Goodness!!
Pierce is leaving, bunch of teams that have already inquired about signing him. If they had re-signed Pierce to a good money deal then they probably wouldn't of done the campbell deal (Pierce leaving freed up some money to spend on d-line)

Adreme

Reaction score
Pierce is leaving, bunch of teams that have already inquired about signing him. If they had re-signed Pierce to a good money deal then they probably wouldn't of done the campbell deal (Pierce leaving freed up some money to spend on d-line)

Ya he is probably the replacement for Pierce and if Campbell is getting 2 years 27m then they got a better player cheaper, though Pierce is younger. I guess this is what good front offices do, but man its annoying to see how much better some teams are at this. A top 5 defense just upgraded and solved its biggest weakness for cheaper than the player they would have had and the Cowboys meanwhile give the wrong secondary players extensions.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ozzie Newsome is probably the best at the Draft and Player personel. We have Jerry
This is true.

Wouldn't it be great if the phrase, "we have Jerry" or "we have booger" caught on like the Avengers', "we have a Hulk" only without the whole super hero vibe?