The NFL Free Agency and Trades Thread

ksg811

Reaction score
I could be wrong here but i'm thinking the chance at getting him for 35 went out the window with the 10 million dollar cap increase today.

That’s irrelevant. Everyone knew it was coming. This wasn’t some secret increase no one was expecting. Everyone was preparing for a $199 million cap all offseason until the official announcement today.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Daks price just went up again after Tannehills deal. Dak will demand 37-38 mil per with 100 mil guaranteed at signing. NO WAY he signs for a penny less.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Daks price just went up again after Tannehills deal. Dak will demand 37-38 mil per with 100 mil guaranteed at signing. NO WAY he signs for a penny less.
Yes.

I have not accepted this is the territory we are in now.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could be wrong here but i'm thinking the chance at getting him for 35 went out the window with the 10 million dollar cap increase today.
Dak's agent and most around the league knew this day was coming. So this isn't really any new news. Dak's reps have been negotiating from this position all along. That's why a deal hasn't been done yet.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Wouldn't be shocked to see a 40 mil per deal with Dak. Jerry screwed the pooch not signing him 2 years ago. A TERRIBLE MISCALCULATION.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
My guess is Dak deal gets wrapped, Cooper tagged.

+1 .....starting to think the same thing. Dak deal gets done and Coop gets the non-exclusive tag. This way we may be able to trade him for at least 1st and 3rd before the draft. Some may say where? No idea but maybe a good start would be where ever Brady signs other than the Bucs.

ksg811

Reaction score
Wouldn't be shocked to see a 40 mil per deal with Dak. Jerry screwed the pooch not signing him 2 years ago. A TERRIBLE MISCALCULATION.

The earliest he could’ve signed was last year. Point still stands, though. No reason to have not signed him especially given they carried over $20 million in space and didn’t use it to go all-in and take advantage of his 4th round rookie deal.

Adreme

Reaction score
Or SF or Dallas or............

Dallas is smart enough not to sign Brady and I do not know if SF would entertain the notion when they already have an okay guy. The only team that should consider it is the Colts.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The earliest he could’ve signed was last year. Point still stands, though. No reason to have not signed him especially given they carried over $20 million in space and didn’t use it to go all-in and take advantage of his 4th round rookie deal.
I stand corrected...but yeah..Jerry messed up badly by not extending his deal last year. I guess the thought process was waiting to see the new CBA. Like I said, a bad move. Price went up huge now.

Carson

Reaction score
So have we found Jerry’s yacht yet? Forget the CBA was approved and legal tampering starts at midnight

dwreck27

Reaction score
Dallas is smart enough not to sign Brady and I do not know if SF would entertain the notion when they already have an okay guy. The only team that should consider it is the Colts.
You wouldn’t sign Brady with cooper tagged and try and take a two/three year run at a Super Bowl??

This oline is aging and is legit in its prime now... This is Zekes prime run right now...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak's agent and most around the league knew this day was coming. So this isn't really any new news. Dak's reps have been negotiating from this position all along. That's why a deal hasn't been done yet.
I agree. But it wasn't a given that the CBA would be signed especially this early. I do believe that his agent did know. But it went over my head. I wasn't aware the cap had been going up 10 million every year. Had I known that I would've been of the belief Dak was going to get more than the reported 33 million it seems the Cowboys want to give him.

reddyuta

Reaction score
imo Dak is looking at 38 minimum,they are starting the negotiation at 35 because that is the franchise tag for the next 2 seasons combined.i think Jerry is ok with that but he doesn't want to give Dak a 4 year deal at all.

Carson

Reaction score
imo Dak is looking at 38 minimum,they are starting the negotiation at 35 because that is the franchise tag for the next 2 seasons combined.i think Jerry is ok with that but he doesn't want to give Dak a 4 year deal at all.

Well in about 8 hours if he doesn’t do anything he’s gone lol

Adreme

Reaction score
You wouldn’t sign Brady with cooper tagged and try and take a two/three year run at a Super Bowl??

This oline is aging and is legit in its prime now... This is Zekes prime run right now...

I saw Brady last year and he was a downgrade then and he will almost certainly be worse this year. If Dallas is really poised to make a run you put your best QB forward and considering the year it is it is MUCH easier to replace a WR than a QB.

Adreme

Reaction score

The thing is after those 2 years Dak walks and takes 45m easily and Dallas is left with no QB so that is why he is taking the position of 40 now which somewhere in that area is where the number will fall.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Think you are absolutely right. It is about length of the deal. 4 years from now, the market for a starting QB will be at 50 mill a year