The NFL Free Agency and Trades Thread

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Exactly.
I could feel it right when the troubles continued and nobody was even looking into fixing that glaring Kicker problem. Like that is an overly hard position to replace failure. And then the team effort started to collapse right after...

Exactly

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't it truly look like the FO had zero desire to help their HC?
Stevie, in the season where the Kicker was costing entire games, was saying they have no interest in looking for a replacement as Garrett was saying they want to look into a replacement and did eventually get some guys in, but that was weird.
Last year was really strange, from a FO trying to support it's team POV. I'm sure the players felt it too.

I'm convinced that Stephen Jones had been planning for at least a year and maybe 2 or 3 years to push Garrett out the door. He preferred to do it when Garrett's contract expired.

SJ was already making all other decisions and doing all player negotiations. Hiring "his" head coach was the only thing remaining.

If you listen to McCarthy, he refers to Stephen more often than to Jerry.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Every year the same posts about how the Eagles won’t be good, have too many holes, etc.

All they have done in the last three years is make the playoffs three times and won a SB.

They won the division last year with an injury riddled team. But yeah....... they aren’t that good.

No one said that in the Super Bowl year because no one posted here on the Super Bowl year about the Eagirls. You guys didn't even know they would win the Super Bowl that year. They came out of nowhere. Now since then yes I for one have said these moves that they make aren't nothing impressive and I've been right. Just because they are better than the Cowboys doesn't make them good lol.

And you guys keep bringing up they are a injury riddled team...they have been injury riddled for the past 3 years. At what point are you just a team?

One thing I will say about them is when their guys go down they have guys step up. Not even great players they just seize the opportunity. Cowboys under Garrett didn't. That still doesn't mean the Eagles have done anything. Even their own fans will admit that. Most of their fans wanted them to give Wentz some weapons. Last thing they expected was for them to get a defensive tackle.

Here's a article about some of Roseman's moves....

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/grading-all-howie-rosemans-free-agents-post-chip-years

I guess they hating too though lol.

Sydla

Reaction score
No one said that in the Super Bowl year because no one posted here on the Super Bowl year about the Eagirls. You guys didn't even know they would win the Super Bowl that year. They came out of nowhere. Now since then yes I for one have said these moves that they make aren't nothing impressive and I've been right. Just because they are better than the Cowboys doesn't make them good lol.

And you guys keep bringing up they are a injury riddled team...they have been injury riddled for the past 3 years. At what point are you just a team?

One thing I will say about them is when their guys go down they have guys step up. Not even great players they just seize the opportunity. Cowboys under Garrett didn't. That still doesn't mean the Eagles have done anything. Even their own fans will admit that. Most of their fans wanted them to give Wentz some weapons. Last thing they expected was for them to get a defensive tackle.

Here's a article about some of Roseman's moves....

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/grading-all-howie-rosemans-free-agents-post-chip-years

I guess they hating too though lol.

You are missing the point. No one has said they are invincible or that they make all the best moves or they draft great or that they are basically the Patriots.

All people are saying is that they are a quality franchise, they aren't some slop organization and despite guys like you year after year saying how bad they are and how flawed they look, they somehow are competitive. I can guarantee you that if we look back, we'll find the same posts from you before the 2019 season, the 2018 season, 2017 season............ how they weren't that good, we should be better, etc.

And all that happened is they won the division two out of those three years, made the playoffs all three years and won a SB. It doesn't matter if people predicted it or not. The fact is they won it. And they made the playoffs three years in the row. And did that while guys like you were saying how bad they were. It isn't about people properly predicting how good they would be, it's about showing how silly some of you look year after year acting like they aren't that good.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You are missing the point. No one has said they are invincible or that they make all the best moves or they draft great or that they are basically the Patriots.

All people are saying is that they are a quality franchise, they aren't some slop organization and despite guys like you year after year saying how bad they are and how flawed they look, they somehow are competitive. I can guarantee you that if we look back, we'll find the same posts from you before the 2019 season, the 2018 season, 2017 season............ how they weren't that good, we should be better, etc.

And all that happened is they won the division two out of those three years, made the playoffs all three years and won a SB. It doesn't matter if people predicted it or not. The fact is they won it. And they made the playoffs three years in the row. And did that while guys like you were saying how bad they were. It isn't about people properly predicting how good they would be, it's about showing how silly some of you look year after year acting like they aren't that good.

Did I not just tell you that yes you would find me saying that before the 2019 and 2018 season? I specifically said that so you don't have to search anything. Their moves have SUCKED. This isn't my opinion this is fact. I gave you a link did you even look at it?

They won the division. Great. They still made some sucky moves. Credit Doug Peterson for getting the most out of trash. I do. He does it every year. His team sucks all year and then come on strong at the end to make a push to the playoffs and the past two years it has worked. Not knocking the job he is doing at all. My post was about Roseman anyway. Has nothing to do with how good or bad they are. These moves suck. Sorry.

I advise you to look at the link. You may not agree with the grades but it will put you up on what moves they've made recently.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Did I not just tell you that yes you would find me saying that before the 2019 and 2018 season? I specifically said that so you don't have to search anything. Their moves have SUCKED. This isn't my opinion this is fact. I gave you a link did you even look at it?

They won the division. Great. They still made some sucky moves. Credit Doug Peterson for getting the most out of trash. I do. He does it every year. His team sucks all year and then come on strong at the end to make a push to the playoffs and the past two years it has worked. Not knocking the job he is doing at all. My post was about Roseman anyway. Has nothing to do with how good or bad they are. These moves suck. Sorry.

I advise you to look at the link. You may not agree with the grades but it will put you up on what moves they've made recently.

“This isn’t my opinion this is fact.”

Freakin’ A, you can’t make this stuff up, lulz.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I give until Week 2 for the coaching to be called Inept.
Both sides of the ball, except for Special Teams because there is no way that could get worse.

Edit: Oh my gosh, I am so ready for the NOTHING HAS CHANGED threads!

https://lh6.***BROKEN***/proxy/xjdnVxdM9Nm-lok_bEgJikkqkKp8BD5yEEgAl_vYEpxUNpDiQTYG9A4NFAlLn-JSKEudeCVImHM