The NFL Free Agency and Trades Thread

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is interesting that the players we did sign were more expensive than these, which tells me we just weren't interested in them for some reason.

I love the two signings we made, but seeing moves like those I mentioned, and the money we’re currently wasting, there are decisions being mad that I wholeheartedly disagree with.

This team could have both starters and depth for a quality defensive line and are actively choosing not to.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It is interesting that the players we did sign were more expensive than these, which tells me we just weren't interested in them for some reason.
I think that’s what it comes down to. They spent decent money on guys and didn’t get some of the bargain basement guys they’d usually go for. They must not want them:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
None of which is true. Sucking at more than one spot doesn't mean you're a 'jack of all trades'.

Notice how anyone that says it never brings up the actual stats.

Because it exposes him - and them - as frauds.
A jackass of all trades...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I love the two signings we made, but seeing moves like those I mentioned, and the money we’re currently wasting, there are decisions being mad that I wholeheartedly disagree with.

This team could have both starters and depth for a quality defensive line and are actively choosing not to.

Not saying I don't feel the same way, but the question is is Crawford still here because the current staff wants him or because the Joneses want him. If it's the current staff then obviously, they see enough value in him (or were sold on his value) to not want any of these cheaper options instead.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think that’s what it comes down to. They spent decent money on guys and didn’t get some of the bargain basement guys they’d usually go for. They must not want them:

Yes. It's weird to me. I'd prefer a Wolfe or Billings over Crawford, but it doesn't seem like the Cowboys do.

The good news is with Dallas signing guys who actually cost more than these players it definitely means that they weren't just settling for whoever would sign. The team could end up being wrong, but these are the choices they made when there were other less-expensive ones they probably could have made.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not saying I don't feel the same way, but the question is is Crawford still here because the current staff wants him or because the Joneses want him. If it's the current staff then obviously, they see enough value in him (or were sold on his value) to not want any of these cheaper options instead.

I'll go with the Joneses, who have overvalued this player for years.

fivetwos

Reaction score

You're gonna completely lose it when Griffin signs for 1yr/5.5m somewhere else!

Jerry loves him some Ty Crawford.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're gonna completely lose it when Griffin signs for 1yr/5.5m somewhere else!

Jerry loves him some Ty Crawford.

Sadly, I've gotten used to it.

They've been doing stupid crap with this player for years.

Plankton

Reaction score
Sadly, I've gotten used to it.

They've been doing stupid crap with this player for years.

In this case, it’s entirely possible that, since he was on IR last season and had hip surgery, that they can’t do anything with him until he has a physical. This may not have taken place due to a certain pandemic. Without him either passing or failing a physical coming off of surgery, they likely are in some form of limbo with Crawford.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Skins signed just about 35 below average to average guys this offseason
skins are throwin crap at the wall and hoping some stick. Seemingly, no plan there. Darby is JAG at db. Dan Snyder wants to win, but lacks a plan. Ignorance is bliss.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In this case, it’s entirely possible that, since he was on IR last season and had hip surgery, that they can’t do anything with him until he has a physical. This may not have taken place due to a certain pandemic. Without him either passing or failing a physical coming off of surgery, they likely are in some form of limbo with Crawford.

That idea would certainly make me feel a bit better about their inactivity so far.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I'm counting about three defensive linemen we could have signed for roughly the same as Crawford alone is costing us:

Andrew Billings - $3.5
Shelby Harris - $3.25
Derek Wolfe - $3.0
Total for 2020 $9.75
Makes me sick to my stomach. Especially Harris going for only 2 million guaranteed, he's a damn good player and well rounded too