*** The Official Coronavirus Thread ***

Discussion in 'Covid Zone' started by Reality, Mar 9, 2020.

1. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    47,798 Messages
    34,923 Likes Received
    Seth Rogen Marvels at Emmys Tent: “There’s Way Too Many of Us in This Little Room”
    BY CHRIS GARDNER
    SEPTEMBER 19, 2021 6:16PM

The 2021 Emmys took great pains to be COVID-compliant, requiring attendees to be vaccinated and present negative test results, and the location for the awards show was even switched to the event deck at L.A. Live from its longtime venue of the Microsoft Theater in hopes the technically outdoor location would allow for better social distancing.

But very little time was wasted in the telecast before the setting was addressed — and questioned. Seth Rogen, in presenting the first trophy of the evening for supporting actress in a comedy series, said, “There’s way too many of us in this little room. They said it was outdoors. It’s not.” He added: “They lied to us. We’re in a hermetically sealed tent right now. I would not have come to this. Why is there a roof? This is insane. … I went from wiping my groceries to having Paul Bettany sneeze in my face. That’s a big week.”

Sunday night’s telecast marked the second Emmy Awards to have been impacted by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. In September 2020, host Jimmy Kimmel faced an empty Staples Center while producers had the tough task of organizing upwards of 130 live feeds to loop in nominees from hotels, houses and parties in locations from L.A. to New York to Toronto. A year later, thanks to widespread vaccine distribution, strict protocols and rapid PCR testing on-site, the Television Academy was able to open up the show to many more in-person attendees.

Read More

2. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

15,502 Messages
    22,654 Likes Received
    Also when Tony! Toni! Tone! is playing it’s OK for the elite to not wear their mask.

FTWayne, Captain-Crash and Robbieac like this.
  3. DallasEast

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    47,798 Messages
    34,923 Likes Received
    https://ew.com/awards/emmys/hannah-waddingham-seth-rogen-mispronounced-name-emmys-2021-video/

Hannah Waddingham walked away with a well-dserved golden trophy during the 2021 Emmys, even though Seth Rogen tried to give the award to a slightly different Hannah.

While presenting the night's first award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, Rogen pulled an "Adele Dazeem" and mistakenly pronounced the Ted Lasso actress' name as "Waddington."

"I didn't hear that. It's brand new information," ... Fellow Ted Lasso co-star Brett Goldstein, who took home his own award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series, added, "He's dead." ... "Oh man," Waddingham quipped. "I'll have to call him Seth Ragin."

lol. I must give watching Ted Lasso a shot soon.

4. DallasEast

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    47,798 Messages
    34,923 Likes Received
    Thread closed for review.

Reminder

Site rule #19 - You will not post fake, false or wild rumors or news.
    Site rule #30 - You will not post links to content on sites that require subscriptions to access the content.

Posting tip: Do not post articles, tweets, videos, etc., connected with the sites listed in this US News & World Report webpage and/or similar sites

Thread re-opened

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  5. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

5,543 Messages
    11,664 Likes Received
    JIMMYBUFFETT and DallasEast like this.
  6. DallasEast

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    47,798 Messages
    34,923 Likes Received
    lol. My respect for Buffalo fans went up a few notches. :muttley:

Poor Beasley. Smeared. In the prime of his NFL career. :laugh:

Buzzbait and DoctorChicken like this.
  7. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

32,727 Messages
    16,805 Likes Received
  8. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

11,839 Messages
    10,061 Likes Received
  9. DallasEast

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    47,798 Messages
    34,923 Likes Received
    The eligible New Jerseyans are whom the CDC recommended should receive the Pfizer booster on September 24. They are:
    • People 65 years and older and residents in long-term care settings
    • People aged 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions
    Furthermore, the CDC recommended the specified groups receive their Pfizer booster "at least 6 months after" the individual got their second shot. The same goes for the other targeted groups whom the CDC recommend may receive vaccine booster:
    • People aged 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions
    • People aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p0924-booster-recommendations-.html

1. The guidance does not convey much urgency to the general public. The guidance is less than a month old.
    2. The original EUA prompted urgent guidance for everyone to get vaccinated. That was last December. Presently, the entire country sits at 58% fully-vaccinated.
    3. Finally, vaccine hesitancy among even some of the fully-vaccinated remains a constant.

Quite frankly, I am surprised 20% of eligible New Jerseyans have gotten a booster. Maybe the original vaccination rate tracked just as well as the booster rate. Seems a little high but it have been just as fast.

That said, I would agree the booster shot rate of vaccination will not reach 50% nine months from now. Unless some sort of mass mindset reset happens, which I doubt will occur.

Flamma likes this.
  10. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

3,738 Messages
    1,826 Likes Received
    This letter appears to reiterate that they did not perform GoF per the P3CO definition.

11. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

32,727 Messages
    16,805 Likes Received
    It's a cya letter. They are admitting it.

12. DallasEast

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    47,798 Messages
    34,923 Likes Received
  13. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

3,738 Messages
    1,826 Likes Received
    The only thing it seems to me they are admitting to is that EcoHealth failed to comply with reporting requirements and that none of this work is related to SARS-CoV-2.

14. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

11,839 Messages
    10,061 Likes Received
  15. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

15,502 Messages
    22,654 Likes Received
    FTWayne likes this.
  16. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

9,313 Messages