1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

*** The Official Coronavirus Thread ***

Discussion in 'Coronavirus Zone' started by Reality, Mar 9, 2020.

1. triplets_93

triplets_93 Well-Known Member

1,203 Messages
    1,641 Likes Received
    NYC Restaurants, bars, & cafes - Take Out Only Beg. March 17th

2. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack Zone Supporter

20,275 Messages
    23,224 Likes Received
    Welp, LA closed restaurants and bars tonight. The only things open are pretty much pharmacies, banks and grocery stores. Thanks to all the hoarders, there is no food within a 100 mile radius from me. It is code red in my household, can hold on a few days at most......almost out of food and TP.

This has really brought out the bad side in many people acting like it is end of days. I have made 10 different trips to various grocery stores at all hours and products are stripped within minutes, most ignoring the two-per rule. It takes me forever to park a big Ram in Los Angeles, so I always miss out on restocking.

I can’t even get a can of friggin Spam! :banghead:

3. waldoputty

waldoputty Well-Known Member

23,270 Messages
    21,132 Likes Received
    trader joes restock monday morning. at least that is what the one in my area told me.
    what do you have and what do you need?

4. waldoputty

23,270 Messages
    21,132 Likes Received
    i cannot advise for other areas. but pv is 40 miles from downtown but we do have large parking lots where you can easily park a pickup. it is inconvenient to get to so it means less people come here.

as indicated our trader joes restock monday morning. it is on hawthorne all the way down to the ocean. before you get to it, there would have been a pavilion 3 miles north and a ralphs 1 mile north of the ocean. all have big park lots and a relative low local population.

5. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack Zone Supporter

20,275 Messages
    23,224 Likes Received
    I’m down to two rolls of TP, 3lbs of hamburger meat and a frozen pre-cooked rack of ribs and various boxed pastas. I am dropping the wife off at Childrens Hospital of LA early tomorrow and will head to TJ’s.

I didn’t realize how hard it is to cook without eggs, butter and milk. Parking is a major issue for me here, I have to find some place not anywhere near the store I am going to and walk. Even the parking garages are too small!

Wish me luck, I’ll let you know if I need to meet ya somewhere for TP :grin:

RGV_C_Los and T-RO like this.
  6. waldoputty

23,270 Messages
    21,132 Likes Received
    this is the one near me in rancho palos verdes
    enormous parking lot shared with a school and numerous restaurants and other services
    opens at 8

https://locations.traderjoes.com/ca...le&utm_medium=Maps&utm_campaign=Google+Places

Tabascocat likes this.
  7. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

21,747 Messages
    18,410 Likes Received
    With all the other major sports league seasons being canceled or suspended this year, if the 2020-2021 NFL football season kicks off as planned, it will represent America's returning to some sense of normalcy. By that time we are going to sorely need something to escape to from our abnormal lives. May the powers that be in the NFL have the courage to follow through with theirs plans of the 2020 season and not give in to the cancel culture that is making this situation so much worse than it needs to be.

I'll give you an example. School-age kids seem to be the least affected in our society by this coronavirus. So why are schools closing? It seems it would be more prudent to keep schools open where the kids are safer and can't infect other people more susceptible to the coronavirus like the older family members at home. Social distancing is said to be a good thing to limit the chance of exposure to coronavirus, but so is generational distancing which is why nursing home visitation is being restricted. So shouldn't this generational distancing be practiced to keep school-age kids safe too? Keep the schools open.

Robbieac and Rockport like this.
  8. waldoputty

23,270 Messages
    21,132 Likes Received
    RGV_C_Los likes this.
  9. T-RO

T-RO Benched

10,267 Messages
    9,291 Likes Received
    Kids are notorious for picking up anything and everything. Though they are bullet-proof from harm...they carry the virus home to mom and dad (perhaps also grandpa).

They are infected, but not in a way that hurts them. They are most definitely infectious when they return home.

That's why schools are closing.

pjtoadie likes this.
  10. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

21,747 Messages
    18,410 Likes Received

Kids are carriers so to you it makes more sense to have them at home where they can infect the rest of the family? We aren't seeing high infection rates at schools so please explain why it's better to have them at home?

11. TheDude

TheDude McLovin

9,219 Messages
    7,461 Likes Received
    Ralphs went 8am-8pm, but they had tons of food today (not much meat). Home depot in West HIlls had paper towels and TP last night. Happy to DM you if I find something in West Valley area

Tabascocat likes this.
  12. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

3,114 Messages
    1,386 Likes Received
    I've seen and read nothing from the media reporting that's anything remotely close to "we're all gonna die" or"run for your lives". It's all been reporting on information from the government, doctors, reporting the facts to inform people on what is happening in thier state and around the country. Usually always have the same wash your hands, etc that you'd do to keep your self healthy from and bacteria or virus and if you think you are infected call the doctor or er, don't just show up. Just because people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals it's the media's fault? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    ActualCowboysFan likes this.
  13. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

6,779 Messages
    11,145 Likes Received
    Crazy time. The media is no help.

14. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

20,100 Messages
    17,909 Likes Received

https://twitter.com/drrobdavidson/status/1239320634418778114?s=21
    https://twitter.com/drrobdavidson/status/1239320635945484288?s=21
    https://twitter.com/drrobdavidson/status/1239320637270896642?s=21
    https://twitter.com/drrobdavidson/status/1239320639762300929?s=21

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  15. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

20,100 Messages
    17,909 Likes Received
    No one is denying that there are people panicking but you’re using that word in generalizing everyone who is taking this serious. So what exactly do you mean by panicking? I take it to mean the folks going out and hoarding TP, water, etc. as well as spreading untruths on social media.

shabazz likes this.
  16. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

20,100 Messages
    17,909 Likes Received
    Which media members are you talking about? IMO, they’re actually saving lives when the report on this Pandemic..

17. shabazz

shabazz Well-Known Member

4,981 Messages
    8,576 Likes Received
    Great point. I actually envision a scenario where supermarkets will have to throw out meat, milk, etc, because they will expire before being sold. The stores near me are already restocking their shelves as normal because there is no supply shortage......only an artificial shortage made by citizens.

Runwildboys likes this.
  18. shabazz

shabazz Well-Known Member

4,981 Messages
    8,576 Likes Received
    Interesting info and thanks for sharing

It actually had gotten that ugly here in terms of those infected....back in 2009-? One wonders how these 2 will compare once we can get final numbers on Corona

Since it started circulating in the spring of 2009, H1N1 has infected about 100 million Americans, killing about 75,000 and sending 936,000 to the hospital, the CDC estimates.Jun 11, 2019

I'm not drawing any conclusions by any stretch, I'm just wondering if all the steps we are taking , which we didn't take for H1N1, will yield better results. I don't mind overreacting one bit if it diminishes the toll this thing takes

pjtoadie likes this.
  19. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

8,197 Messages
    22,005 Likes Received
    Crazy, all of this. Never thought I would ever see something like this in my lifetime. Boise hasn't been too bad, yet, but I think this is just the beginning. We got our first confirmed case this last Friday. Several school districts are being cancelled until at least Spring Break, restaurants are taking a hit (I couldn't believe how dead Texas Roadhouse was. That place is ALWAYS packed here. Some restaurants offering 50% off your tab just to keep their employees working), and grocery stores are getting hit by the hoarders. I actually braved a grocery store yesterday, and for the most part it was stocked and civilized, but there are certain items (bread, meats, of course TP) that are being just wiped off the shelves.

I'm sure this is just the start of the race. I work for the city and we have an all-hands on deck meeting tomorrow for our dept, so, I will be interested to see what comes out of it.

Runwildboys and Air Force One like this.
  20. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

5,242 Messages
    6,639 Likes Received
    A good doctor care about people' health first money second

Rockport likes this.