FEATURED *** The Official New Head Coach Speculation Thread ***

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Hmm. Best option, I’m not sure. While I think Meyer would be best, I think another problem we need to focus on is Defensive Coordinator. There aren’t many defensive minded HC’s/DC’s being brought up and that’s concerning. I’d take Riley as HC as well, but like I said before, we need a DC that can balance him out.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We can all speculate who we THINK would be the best option for our next head coach. I'm afraid, though, with all the great options, Jerry will still bring in someone that will illicit a "what the heck?" response from us fans. That's the Jerry way. I hope I'm wrong, and Jerry finally acknowledges that he will need to hire a HC that can bring in his own coordinators and have authority over the players. Don't be surprised if you see Jerry hiring Jeff Fisher. Let's pray that doesn't happen!!

Gaede

Reaction score
I honestly don't think Meyer is an option--or ever was. I think he was very smart to get his name in the media, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that was anything but on off-the-cuff remark.

I think it's definitely possible that Jerry wants Riley.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
I'm still holding out hope for Urban Meyer.

Things got real "quiet" after Stephen "spoke" to him. Convenient "smoke" was thrown about by both sides.

I'm not as confident as I was before, but that's my opinion still.

silvernblu

Reaction score
It’s got to be Rhule.

I heard the dude does not want to uproot his family again. He’s not going anywhere but Dallas or Baylor.

He’s turned two mediocre programs around. He’s Belicheks family tree. He’s the future.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I honestly don't think Meyer is an option--or ever was. I think he was very smart to get his name in the media, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that was anything but on off-the-cuff remark.

I think it's definitely possible that Jerry wants Riley.

NFL teams do go to Riley and talk about concepts in the offseason so he is already respected in this league.

Lincoln has such a cush job though. He can play chumps all year and go to the playoffs and OU will never get rid of him.

Going to the Cowboys would be a total ego move for Lincoln.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Urban Meyer
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-BRq5oLGdH1s7MHyWmrdc0QBlX-s7nxGmnD4HknLFtqLOq7osZw&s
Heard Cowboys beat writer David Moore interviewed on the Ticket yesterday about candidates he’s heard spoken about among staff at the Star. He said Urban Meyer is not a serious candidate.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFL teams do go to Riley and talk about concepts in the offseason so he is already respected in this league.

Lincoln has such a crush job though. He can play chumps all year and go to the playoffs and OU will never get rid of him.

Lincoln has such a crush job though. He can play chumps all year and go to the playoffs and OU will never get rid of him.

YeahRiley has NEVER had to Coach a game with a major talent disparity. 90% of the games his OU team lines up to play have a talent advantage he would never have in the NFL.

Gaede

Reaction score

He's young, so an ego move is not out of the question.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Here is what I think is going through Jerry’s mind

Urban Meyer
Bob Stoops
Lincoln Riley
Rhule
Greg Roman

I think he’d take any of these 5 in this order with maybe Stoops below Riley. I throw him in because I think he still has something, is older And Jerry likes him. I don’t think Jerry cares about the next Landry now. He needs a SB quick. Meyer is cocky and despite health can get guys to win in a 2-3 year window