The Only Logical Explanation For The FO Inactivity

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The FA strategy is the same as it has been for several years. Nothing has changed, yet everyone thinks something strange is afoot. They don't believe that big money to players in FA is a smart idea. We fans disagree because we like STARS, and we want to see them in our uniforms, making plays, but history shows that Dallas is erring on the more consistent side of Free Agency.

We've watched team after team, even in our own division, win the off season, so to speak, and hardly ever are they successful, nor do they sustain success due to huge day 1 deals with free agents.

kevm3

Reaction score
We saw the Eagles load up during free agency and win a superbowl and we also saw the rams and they got to the superbowl. Meanwhile scrooge jones was going to lead us to a 5 and 11 season until daddy saved the day and brought Amari here.

JBS

Reaction score
The telling part to me will come with the quarterback.

If they don't extend him?

I may agree with you that they will leave the big decisions up to the new head coach.

If they pay the quarterback?

No, they're just a bunch of morons.

Of course they will pay the qb..and it will shut this ridiculous theory up..the fact of the matter is, they're clueless..no need to overthink it and look for other explanations

elcowboi

Reaction score
I’m definitely into resigning our own Pro
Bowlers, but I definitely know we need 1 or 2 outside talents to make this team better.

The FO seems to not agree, but what if they are planning ahead to 2020?

If JJ and SJ are serious about their last chance for JG, maybe they are anticipating his departure after this season. If they are sure he won’t be the HC in 2020 (Its not hard to imagine the FO not believing he can take the team to the SB). Then maybe they dont see the point of investing in the guys that aren’t locks to be here.

Maybe the FO wants to wait for Sean Payton (who they could very well already have a verbal agreement with) or whoever the next HC is to pinpoint the players they want in next years FA. With the players the team has to resign, the team could maneuver the cap to where 2020 would be an all-in year. Keeping our pro bowlers and having a new HC come in to hand pick FA’s would make the 2020 season seemingly the most SB ready team and coach we’ve had since 09.

Heck even the Witten signing points to the FO giving JG one last go with his guys, even though it’s pretty clear “his guys” aren’t enough.

This theory definitely has some holes in it and there is a great chance the FO is just terrible in FA and can only draft. But I’m clinging to some hope that the team is gearing up for a 2020 title run sans JG.

What do y’all think?

Que the: “Next year is our year crowd” lol

Or......they do this every year with mixed results.

kskboys

Reaction score
Bottom line is that the Jones's are clueless when it comes to personnel concerning NFL football. And I'm not sure JG is any better.

Gaede

Reaction score

This is precisely the problem. Even if we had high picks, there is no guarantee a rookie helps the team at all.

They're heading into the season without quality starters at DE, DT, and S. The DL, in particular, feels like our approach at WR last offseason. Does anybody actually believe Taco and Armstrong are starters? And not only that, but quality starters? Do they really think Jeff Heath, who got trucked again and again, is a quality starter at safety? And if not, what's their backup plan? A second or third round pick who may or may not even play?

Gaede

Reaction score
This disaster is why Stephen Jones has freeagentaphobia.

Just a horrific mistake and it was a fit problem as much as it was a talent issue.

Let's not forget the awful hiring of that OL coach from Cincy too. They literally hired a guy who they had no idea what he was all about to coach what had been the most talented OL in all of football and the unquestioned strength of this team.

Honestly, what do these buffoons tell themselves when the season ends, as it always does, in embarrassing fashion?! Like seriously, how is it possible to get in a room, evaluate the **** show, and think everything is great and that the secret recipe is more time?

It's almost as if there are other more important things at play than winning football games. Because this teams offseason moves make no sense

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Bowlers, but I definitely know we need 1 or 2 outside talents to make this team better.

If JJ and SJ are serious about their last chance for JG, maybe they are anticipating his departure after this season. If they are sure he won’t be the HC in 2020 (Its not hard to imagine the FO not believing he can take the team to the SB). Then maybe they dont see the point of investing in the guys that aren’t locks to be here.

Maybe the FO wants to wait for Sean Payton (who they could very well already have a verbal agreement with) or whoever the next HC is to pinpoint the players they want in next years FA. With the players the team has to resign, the team could maneuver the cap to where 2020 would be an all-in year. Keeping our pro bowlers and having a new HC come in to hand pick FA’s would make the 2020 season seemingly the most SB ready team and coach we’ve had since 09.

Heck even the Witten signing points to the FO giving JG one last go with his guys, even though it’s pretty clear “his guys” aren’t enough.

This theory definitely has some holes in it and there is a great chance the FO is just terrible in FA and can only draft. But I’m clinging to some hope that the team is gearing up for a 2020 title run sans JG.

What do y’all think?

Can't seem to agree with you on most of this except they have a plan. They've always had a plan, it just sucks.
They are all talk, all the talk about getting better and all of this crap nothing has changed we got rid of one of our best receivers we let him walk we didn't want to pay for a safety a position of need.
I don't blame some of those guys for wanted to get their money that's the nature of the game after you've been in the league for so long it's all about the money

kskboys

Reaction score
Can't seem to agree with you on most of this except they have a plan. They've always had a plan, it just sucks.
They are all talk, all the talk about getting better and all of this crap nothing has changed we got rid of one of our best receivers we let him walk we didn't want to pay for a safety a position of need.
I don't blame some of those guys for wanted to get their money that's the nature of the game after you've been in the league for so long it's all about the money
They do not have an NFL competent plan.

kskboys

Reaction score
Let's not forget the awful hiring of that OL coach from Cincy too. They literally hired a guy who they had no idea what he was all about to coach what had been the most talented OL in all of football and the unquestioned strength of this team.

Honestly, what do these buffoons tell themselves when the season ends, as it always does, in embarrassing fashion?! Like seriously, how is it possible to get in a room, evaluate the **** show, and think everything is great and that the secret recipe is more time?

It's almost as if there are other more important things at play than winning football games. Because this teams offseason moves make no sense
I seriously believe they hire people based on how much they like them, and get rid of people they don't like. Personally. Qualifications are secondary.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What do y’all think?

As per NFL.com we have 23 million Cap space available.Taking into consideration Coop,Dlaw,Zeke extension,and sorry Dak will NOT get his new contract this off-season as he hasn't earned it with his game play.We have a lot of cap invested in our offline a dilemma very few teams face and are able to sign play makers like ET. So everyone get back to reality as the bottom line is no money no honey......

P.S. Please disregard anyone who post that we have a zillion cap space at our disposal its all bs....

lk8701

Reaction score
I would actually feel better if I knew Jerry wanted to tank 2019 for 2020 rewards. Otherwise, if this is truly how they look when they are "more desperate than ever" to win, then there is truly no hope for our organization, and we will continue to spin in a vortex of mediocrity for the next two and a half decades.

Tank for Tua.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I seriously believe they hire people based on how much they like them, and get rid of people they don't like. Personally. Qualifications are secondary.

600x360

kevm3

Reaction score
It really sucks knowing that if we didn't have such an incompetent front office, we could actually have watched our team in the superbowl. I wouldn't be surprised if Jason Witten retires again before the season starts lol.

Instead of hiring an actual OC with experience, we hire Kellen Moore... and we literally do NOTHING except resign a couple of nobodies while franchise tagging Lawrence.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The telling part to me will come with the quarterback.

If they don't extend him?

I may agree with you that they will leave the big decisions up to the new head coach.

If they pay the quarterback?

No, they're just a bunch of morons.

One year extension for Dak. He pockets some money, he stays on the field, a new coach has an nfl starter to work with.