The play no one is discussing

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
It was a terrible block. But a $50 million running back should be able to get through or around one guy.

Zeke is pretty much done.

Yep, the block was terrible, but Jarwin was always on the inside shoulder and even if it was executed perfectly the play should of been on the inside or at least an option to do both.

A RB needs to be able to play what's in front of him.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
FA0-E8-AF0-5-E3-B-4264-816-F-E90-C5740-DC4-A.png

Exactly. That’s what people are missing; it’s infinitely harder trying to make a guy that is already squared up on you (#26) miss than it is a guy running full speed perpendicular to you (#31). Zeke should have went up field.

Yep, if comes off his left foot at the point of that pic he walks in.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Yup, it's obvious you have an agenda.

Explain the agenda, if you can. I gave Zeke a ton of credit for his blocking on Thursday. Is that part of my "agenda"? If I say Brown was awful in coverage, is that part of an "agenda"? If I say Greg the Leg cost us the game, is that part of an "agenda"? Unless the "agenda" is wanting this team to win, then I don't think you understand the word.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Zeke ran straight at the defender, got touched by the smallest player on the field and fell to the ground like he had been shot in the chest. People need to just stop defending him.

Sydla

Reaction score
The thought of blaming a TE claiming the RB needs help scoring from inside the 5 coming from the same people who think paying our TB $90MM is smart business because he's a difference maker at RB is funny to me.

kskboys

Reaction score
The thought of blaming a TE claiming the RB needs help scoring from inside the 5 coming from the same people who think paying our TB $90MM is smart business because he's a difference maker at RB is funny to me.
All ball carriers need blockers.

stinkface

Reaction score
It was a crappy block. That said, a multi-million dollar running back should figure out a way to beat a CB who he outweighs by 20 lbs.

Flamma

Reaction score
Then why did Jarwin position himself inside?

You set an edge on a DE that’s playing on the edge. Not on a safety that playing 5 yards off the ball and already has outside leverage.

He shouldn't have positioned himself inside. If you look at the replay #31 has the inside if Zeke cuts in. Along with any defensive lineman that might be there.

conner01

Reaction score
not really
The inside defender is deep in the end zone and if Zeke cut it inside there is no way that defender can stop his momentum
I don’t agree
Ther is two defenders inside and the design of the play is blocked to go outside to begin with
A half way decent block by jarwin makes the play work
That one play is just one of 4-5 plays that could have change the out cone of the game
Previously Dak threw to Zeke on the other side but threw late and carried him out of bounds
The drops by lamb, the penalties in the red zone, taking a sack out of the pocket for a big loss when the play was to throw it away
There were lots of plays that could have changed the out come and we need to get all of those fixed along with jarwin blocking

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
An analysis really points directly toward him being a gimmicky type of receiving TE. I cannot fathom why we are trying to make him into what he is not.

"We do what we do! Next man up!"

There is also the classic "Doing it this way makes no sense, so they'll never see it coming! Genius, baby!"

Cmac

Reaction score
It was a terrible block. But a $50 million running back should be able to get through or around one guy.

Zeke is pretty much done.
You may want to grab some more plays to look in-depth on. Dak missed some easier throws, but gaudy stats, but are we nit-pickin' to grab a way to fine Zeke bad.......all the time?

Loso86

Reaction score
I'm amazed how out of the whole game you guys pick this to find a way to bash zeke. Lol the hate is real

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That pass to Zeke at the goal line should have been thrown a lot earlier,,, TD if he does.

Don't remember the pass, but I do remember that Dak oddly has a problem throwing passes behind the LOS to the backs. Doesn't place the ball where they can get it in stride.

Could be a combination of the backs and Dak. I think they don't run under the ball that well either.

All I know is that I had hoped Dak would make the same progress on his behind the LOS scrimmage passing game that he did on his deep throws in 2019. But it seems not yet.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Plant that left foot and cut it inside and he probably scores.

Real easy to say from the couch though.