The power struggle is becoming real

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Floatyworm, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

11,380 Messages
    9,273 Likes Received
    Jason Garrett is feeling the Kellen Moore heat. There is something very odd about the offense the last few weeks....as if Garrett is purposely trying to take back control. Many people have already noticed the change...from the start of the season. Comments?

2. JJHLH1

JJHLH1 Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    7,355 Likes Received
    You think Garrett believes Kellen is going to take his job? Could be. The last 3 weeks have been beyond strange. But Garrett would be slitting his own throat so it doesn’t make sense.

lostar2009, TonyS, TheSkaven and 18 others like this.
  3. JayFord

JayFord Well-Known Member

4,597 Messages
    7,500 Likes Received
    Romo said Garrett had his fingerprints on the O

now if your statement is true i’d fire him on the spot

If moores offense is working why change it? Because you feel heat?

4. RJ_MacReady

RJ_MacReady mcompact

2,783 Messages
    5,129 Likes Received
    I didn't believe for one second that Garrett, with his career hinging on this season, was going to put it in the hands of this kid OC. I knew he was going to pull an arkansas as some point in the season but didn't see it coming this soon. What gets me is that Kellen was so obviously running "his" playbook in week 1 and 2 but in week 3, against the worst team, it looked like Garrett's brand of football. It made no sense, Maybe Garrett felt that Kellen's style was too risky/not conservative enough? Maybe chose the Dolphins game to try and meld some hybrid Kellen/Garrett playbook or game plan?

All I know is that I feel that Kellen is calling the plays, but from a playbook that Garrett has put together.

5. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

7,509 Messages
    4,574 Likes Received
    Ridiculous thinking that way. Something greater going on in the locker room

Hadenough, jazzcat22 and cowboyblue22 like this.
  6. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

10,105 Messages
    4,135 Likes Received
    three pansies vs. three better teams. plus injuries. no excuses though. all three have been close losses that could have been managed better......

Seven, RGV_C_Los, DakPresgoat and 2 others like this.
  7. Whirlwin

7,509 Messages
    4,574 Likes Received
    It's not like I haven't seen this before from a Cowboys team coach by Jason. I'm not bashing him it's just a consistent

BAT likes this.
  8. BotchedLobotomy

BotchedLobotomy Wide Right

10,781 Messages
    13,302 Likes Received
    I know someone on the inside and I was able to get a hold of Jason Carrots playbook. Dont want to get in trouble and post the actual playbook so I will paraphrase for you all:
    1st down, Run up the middle
    2nd Down, short pass to sideline
    3rd down, fake jet sweep and throw incompletion
    4th Down - Punt

9. Whirlwin

7,509 Messages
    4,574 Likes Received
    I don't think it has anything to do with the Playbook. The whole country could have it. Smash Mouth football here it comes stop it. We were able to still force it down people's throats I believe the offensive line is quitting. Why on who I don't know yet

10. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

10,105 Messages
    4,135 Likes Received
    oh, I fully agree with you..... we have always struggled against better teams and lost too many close ones we should have won.... and beat up on the weak....

however yesterday, we had starting RT that was UDFA rookie and LT is fleming…..yuck

Whirlwin likes this.
  11. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

17,124 Messages
    12,083 Likes Received
    It it definitely showing. We are now running the damn ball every 1st down, so it seems. A staple of the Garrett 90’s and Linehan offense. Far cry from what we saw first three games when teams were on their heels when it came to 1st downs.

Seems like Garrett has his hands in the cookie jar once again.

12. brooksey1

brooksey1 Zone Supporter

3,439 Messages
    2,982 Likes Received
    You forgot the curl routes

13. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

14,482 Messages
    11,811 Likes Received
    I think you like soap opera more than football.

14. 408Cowboy

408Cowboy Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    5,263 Likes Received
    Romo said his footprint is all over it going back to 07 stuff.

15. brooksey1

brooksey1 Zone Supporter

3,439 Messages
    2,982 Likes Received
    How about on second down too? We never take a shot down the field on 2nd and short

Irvin88_4life and Fletch like this.
  16. charron

charron Well-Known Member

4,329 Messages
    4,703 Likes Received
    Doesn't make any sense. If We lose, Garrett loses his job, if we win he keeps it. if Moore successfully runs the offense Garrett keeps his job. Let that sink in, he keeps his job if we have success. Since when has he ever cared who gets credit? This is why Jerry wants him here so Jerry gets credit so why would Garret do something he has never done before? Too many conspiracy theories.

JustChip and jazzcat22 like this.
  17. cern

cern Well-Known Member

8,523 Messages
    11,688 Likes Received
    the head coach has offensive and defensive coordinators. but in the final analysis, it is the hc who is responsible for both. if he doesn't like the offensive playcalling, he can order it changed. same for the defensive playcalling. if he wants more blitzing, he can order it. but at the end of the day, he is ultimately responsible for the outcome of the game. garrett has failed at this.

18. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

11,380 Messages
    9,273 Likes Received
    Exactly my point...seems like Garrett is doing more harm to himself...rather than saving his job.

JMPearson and JJHLH1 like this.
  19. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

13,317 Messages
    13,705 Likes Received
    Pretty much.. JJ wanted to see change and JG let Moore install his Offense and the players know it. They got a little greedy in the fins game. But as soon as we played a decent team it’s like JG took control and gave Moore a posted note with his plays written on it. Here Moore call these. Maybe same with the packers game and the jets game JG likely thought they really needed that JG/JJ style of 90’s Offense.. Lmao. If JG does it this week then we will be laughed at. At sone point it will be over..

20. 408Cowboy

408Cowboy Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    5,263 Likes Received
    You guys realize this means Moore doesn't have the nuts to circumvent Garrett like JJ told him to?